Gw2 for ps4/xbox

@Zeivu.3615 said:A) No, not everyone has a PC, and B ) not everyone with a PC has one that can run GW2. I had to completely rehaul and buy something that was made in the past two years that can stand gw2's heavy requirements on medium settings.

If you just want to be able to play, you don't really need anything. The game most certainly doesn't have "heavy" requirements on medium settings.

I was able to play the game on a former pizza shop computer I threw a Q6600 an HD5450 into.

@Cynn.1659Xbox has 1,75ghz cpu. Even with more than 4ghz this game runs like crap, in big blobs.

Clockspeed on its own is a terrible metric on which to judge a processor's performance

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@lordmitz.2047 said:So much PC MASTER RACE in this thread! So people still hate consoles that much? :3

But still - the amount of rescources combined with the hurdles you have to jump through with MS/Sony mean it'll never happen.

It was going to happen whether people like it or not. Honestly I would since I have family members who only play console. Would've been nice for them to join. I would love for them to revamp the engine so consoles can play. But more people don't want to pay for subscription. So we have no consoles. And less updates as other MMOs.

@Alga.6498 said:Too old game for releasing it on PS4 and Xbox1. There's no way they will release it on consoles.

The games age has nothing to do with it. There are MMO's around the same age playable, & being released, on PS4 & Xbox One (FFXIV, Tera, DCU: Online, Star Trek Online, Neverwinter, among others).

The controls wouldn't really be an issue. You can translate the controls to a pad well enough now as a user with third party programs, a developer would be able to add in additional control mechanisms for control pads, and/or even just allow PS4 & Xbox One players to use a Keyboard & Mouse seems modern consoles support their use.

The main reason it won't happen is because they simply don't want, or need, to. It's more than successful enough on PC and there is a lot less restriction on development.

• 6 months later...

I'd love to see it on console, however, they'd have to butcher combat controls. I remember what they did to Dragon Age when they ported it to console and I HATED it, totally dumbed down controls and simplified maps. Same thing with ESO, they did a good job, but I still found it ultra annoying.

@Aphrodite.6950 said:No not everyone has a computer, and I'm sure others have asked about a console version. Didn't see a thread anywhere to read and add to. No one is saying you have to play it on console, just thought it would be nice for those that only have one option to game on.

You know we have a new forum right so the search bar in the top right corner actualy works now, maybe try useing it before making yet another topic?Anyway people have already say why it wont happen.Cost to much to push out update on consoles so we would get update at expansions and tops 1 or 2 times a year.Would you like to wait for living stories/raids/balance and bug fixes 6-8 months after each expansion due to consoles?

• 3 months later...

After I try ps4 on 55 inch screen several years ago, I dont want to get back to pc anymore. ps4 pro on 4k tv this is for the players! I miss my old games - gw2 , world of warcraft. I know many pc gamers who left pc world after ps4 pro was released so we all waiting maybe one day gw2 will be on console as Elders scrolls and Tera are now. Consoles is a huge market and its winning against pc at the moment

@Tutis.6957 said:After I try ps4 on 55 inch screen several years ago, I dont want to get back to pc anymore. ps4 pro on 4k tv this is for the players! I miss my old games - gw2 , world of warcraft. I know many pc gamers who left pc world after ps4 pro was released so we all waiting maybe one day gw2 will be on console as Elders scrolls and Tera are now. Consoles is a huge market and its winning against pc at the moment

Winning against pc? Let me laugh at this heartily.

oh you were serious? Let me laugh harder

Yes. I play GW2 using a ps4 controller with action camera and it works very well. Can bind all skills, enemy target, interact, inventory hero panel, toggle action camera and all other necessary keybinds. It is very handy.

I have played Tera, World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls Online and Guild Wars 2 and they all are very fun to play with a controller. Overwatch and other fps games which requires too much aiming is not as fun with a controller.

And if youre not used to a controller then it will feel very wrong and difficult to handle. Once you get the hàng of it it actually feels smoother.

@Tutis.6957 said:After I try ps4 on 55 inch screen several years ago, I dont want to get back to pc anymore. ps4 pro on 4k tv this is for the players! I miss my old games - gw2 , world of warcraft. I know many pc gamers who left pc world after ps4 pro was released so we all waiting maybe one day gw2 will be on console as Elders scrolls and Tera are now. Consoles is a huge market and its winning against pc at the moment

Running 720/1080 res on a 4k TV....... feels like wasted potential. But its pretty obvious the main driver for people switching to PS4 at the time was the games, not the platform it was. And I don't have the energy to to try and articulate the weird hyper-real visuals of HD console games in this generation.

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:there is no way a publisher would port an mmo to console
this far though it's life cycle
. it's just a terrible idea

You've heard of Black Desert Online, ESO, Star Trek Online, DC Universe Online and Neverwinter? And these games also have years on them already.

So I fear you are mistaken.

Read their post again. I bolded part of it which was included when I quoted you.

I found an old logitech f310 controller cleaning out stuff yesterday. I plugged it in and it still works. Tried to configure a profile that would let me run around, jump/glide, etc, there just aren't enough buttons on a controller to make playing this game efficient. I mean, I can probably do heart quests with it, but wvw would be impossible.

@Ubi.4136 said:I found an old logitech f310 controller cleaning out stuff yesterday. I plugged it in and it still works. Tried to configure a profile that would let me run around, jump/glide, etc, there just aren't enough buttons on a controller to make playing this game efficient. I mean, I can probably do heart quests with it, but wvw would be impossible.

I play WvW with an xbox360 controller. I couldn't play gw2 with keyboard anymore.

I was able to beat all of the gauntlet up to Liadri with a controller.And it's not the controller that holds me back, but my (in)ability to react under pressure.

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@"choovanski.5462" said:there is no way a publisher would port an mmo to console this far though it's life cycle. it's just a terrible idea

You've heard of Black Desert Online, ESO, Star Trek Online, DC Universe Online and Neverwinter? And these games also have years on them already.

Some games are developed with an eye towards a console release. Some are backed up by bigger studios or publishers, some of whom also focus on consoles. GW2 doesn't fit that situation. ANet is the publisher of the game that was designed to be a PC-only game from its inception.

Now, it's obviously not impossible to port, depending on the compromises the studio is willing to make. That would require hiring a new team of engineers, testers, play testers, all with console-specific (and probably porting-specific) experience. It would also mean some additional long-term and ongoing maintenance costs.

Those costs would be balanced against the benefits: how many new first time owners would a console version generate? How much will this group spend on gems (the lifeblood of the game at this point)? And how do those numbers compare against all the other things that ANet might work on.

In a lot of cases, we don't know how ANet thinks about this. In the case of consoles, though, we do:

Massively OP Summarizes Mike Zadorojny's (April 2014) Comments on New Professions, new Races

We also talked a bit about things that are probably not happening... any sort of console development is also not something the team is focused on.

Obviously, none of this is set in stone; he stressed that the quote to take away is not that such things will never be added. It’s just not the current direction.

In other words, it currently is moot whether fans think a console port would be good for GW2; ANet doesn't agree.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:there is no way a publisher would port an mmo to console this far though it's life cycle. it's just a terrible idea

Some games are developed with an eye towards a console release. Some are backed up by bigger studios or publishers, some of whom also focus on consoles. GW2 doesn't fit that situation. ANet is the publisher of the game that was designed to be a PC-only game from its inception.

I don't think most of the games I listed were developed with an eye towards a console release, especially the older games. And I don't know what you mean by a bigger studio or publisher when ArenaNet apparently has a team of 400 people and NcSoft isn't exactly a tiny company.

In any case, the other guy said that it would never happen to a game this far in its existence and yet others have done it, so my point still stands.

Now, your quoted ArenaNet saying they're not looking at it and that's a clear statement from them. Mind you, I also don't think it will happen, but to say that a game of a certain age and development would never be ported to console was just a false statement that has been proven wrong by other titles already. That's all I'm saying.

Now as for publisher focus, I think that the focus is on mobile games more right now. That's why there have been rumours also of a port to mobile for GW2. I personally wouldn't know how they could make that happen, cause it seems to complex but also there we have precedents.

All in all though, there are certain games that I prefer to play on a console like Diablo 3, but MMOs are not part of that. PC is a much better platform for that in my opinion.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:there is no way a publisher would port an mmo to console
this far though it's life cycle
. it's just a terrible idea

Read their post again. I bolded part of it which was included when I quoted you.

Star Trek Online was released in 2010 and ported to console in 2016. Tera Online was released in 2011 and was just ported to console this year. What is your point exactly?

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:there is no way a publisher would port an mmo to console this far though it's life cycle. it's just a terrible idea

BDO, ESO and DCUO are made for console play since launch, both NVN and STO are games that already needed more players to survive and had their entire game changed just to fit on the console.GW2 is at a state that it doesn't need to pull more customers since it already survives with a surpluss, not to mention that action camera isn't supported by Anet and never will.