Can we lower the damage of ranger pets?

The Ace.9105

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:Why do you ask for a general pet nerf instead of a gazelle nerf? Its the same as asking to nerf all warrior F2 skills if only one of them is broken.

i mean, at this point they should just remove pets, and give the stats back to the ranger. Give SB a variety of different Function skills it can take and call it a day. When anet nerfs pets they take it to far to the point of making the thing useless.

@Dante.1763 said:

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:Why do you ask for a general pet nerf instead of a gazelle nerf? Its the same as asking to nerf all warrior F2 skills if only one of them is broken.

i mean, at this point they should just remove pets, and give the stats back to the ranger. Give SB a variety of different Function skills it can take and call it a day. When anet nerfs pets they take it to far to the point of making the thing useless.

But rangers already have the stats of other classes, they need to nerf pets and give nothing as trade off

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

But rangers already have the stats of other classes, they need to nerf pets and give nothing as trade off

You are correct i didnt realize, but i disagree on that. Pets are the class mechanic, you take that away you need to give something back to the class, without pets base ranger and SB has literally nothing, Druid could lose pets entirely(and it should as a trade off.). Itd be like removing Mesmer Shatters, Or eles Attunements.

My biggest concern with the nerfing(and the reason i posted it the way i did) of pets is every time they do, they dont split it from the PVE/wvw version, if they did that, they can go ham with modifying them as much as possible without any complaints from me. But we end up having less and less choices, the core pets are nearly completely un used, the HOT and a few of the POF pets are the most used, and the rest are never taken.

@Dante.1763 said:

You are correct i didnt realize, but i disagree on that. Pets are the class mechanic, you take that away you need to give something back to the class, without pets base ranger and SB has literally nothing, Druid could lose pets entirely(and it should as a trade off.). Itd be like removing Mesmer Shatters, Or eles Attunements.

My biggest concern with the nerfing(and the reason i posted it the way i did) of pets is every time they do, they dont split it from the PVE/wvw version, if they did that, they can go ham with modifying them as much as possible without any complaints from me. But we end up having less and less choices, the core pets are nearly completely un used, the HOT and a few of the POF pets are the most used, and the rest are never taken.

Why would you need to compensate ranger and especially slb for nerfing certain pets? Nerfing certain pets so they can't do 4k damage etc or hard cc opponents outside of merged skills and not while separate from the ranger itself is balanced and would need no compensation as it was a bad design from the start. Especially considering when I slb merges he acquires increased stats and 3 new pet skills. Not all pets should be nerfed and some maybe should be buffed but pets like gazelle definitely should be toned down a notch. As far as I'm concerned all hard cc pet skills should only be accessible through merging as having a hard cc skill being accessible from outside the ranger itself is imo a broken mechanic from the start.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Why would you need to compensate ranger and especially slb for nerfing certain pets? Nerfing certain pets so they can't do 4k damage etc or hard cc opponents outside of merged skills and not while separate from the ranger itself is balanced and would need no compensation as it was a bad design from the start. Especially considering when I slb merges he acquires increased stats and 3 new pet skills. Not all pets should be nerfed and some maybe should be buffed but pets like gazelle definitely should be toned down a notch. As far as I'm concerned all hard cc pet skills should only be accessible through merging as having a hard cc skill being accessible from outside the ranger itself is imo a broken mechanic from the start.

i think you didnt read my first post that i was responding to(as that answers your question on why ranger would need something back), or my concerns for the two modes i play the most with my ranger(PVE/WVW) and what happens when pets are nerfed for the sake of PVP(for some reason they dont split pet skills and they need to), i agree pets that are stupid overpowered need tuning, but anet(and i really dont trust them anymore with balance) over does things on pets. Pets are either OP, or nerfed to the point of being useless, the in-between doesnt seem to exist, but if it did i may point to the smokescale if it still had access to its original F2 skill.

@The Ace.9105 said:SO RUNNING A HEAVY ARMOR CLASS WITH RABID AMULET vs a ranger and the outcome in the picture doesn't make any sense. Why does the pet hit you for 9k when you have +900 toughness? Also, the ranger hit me with maul just once and it hit me two times. What is going on there?

I mean I'm just saying the bolded might be the source of your problem there, rather than ranger pets being unstoppable killing machines.

@apharma.3741 said:@Zenix.6198 Farming Thumbs up and Helpful!

How's about going the other way and nerfing ranger down to nothing and buffing pet to player level damage :joy:

Barely met Ranger players being half as skilled and useful as their pets. Just wait a bit, skill lvl is decreasing perma anyway in this game if you are not satisfied already, no need to nerf Ranger (or buff pets) for that goal. Ok that was mean... true... but mean

@azzardome.9184 said:what about chrono, i think its a bit overtuned atm. would suggest -15922 vitality as base traitline in chrono to make it fair

Finally a good trade off suggestion makes sense and just like Anet likes to do it, makes the specs unplayable and clunky without adding any skill ceiling or floor. I am pretty sure we will see that in the next balance patch. I also think all Mesmer specs should get that trade off, just because Mesmer and on Chrono it would be a waste of that great idea because no one except Seike plays it.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

SO RUNNING A HEAVY ARMOR CLASS WITH RABID AMULET
vs a ranger and the outcome in the picture doesn't make any sense. Why does the pet hit you for 9k when you have +900 toughness? Also, the ranger hit me with maul just once and it hit me two times. What is going on there?

I mean I'm just saying the bolded might be the source of your problem there, rather than ranger pets being unstoppable killing machines.

That's in the means of testing how much you get damage reduction vs power builds with amulets.

@"The Ace.9105" said:Also, the ranger hit me with maul just once and it hit me two times. What is going on there?

Probably the Soulbeast elite:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/One_Wolf_Pack

One Wolf PackStance.Your successful attacks will trigger a second strike while in this stance.

Damage: 168 (0.63)One Wolf Pack (8s): Striking a foe will cause them to be attacked again after a short delay.Strike Delay: ¼ secondsInterval: ¼ seconds

@Taylan.2187 said:

@"The Ace.9105" said:Also, the ranger hit me with maul just once and it hit me two times. What is going on there?

One Wolf Pack
Stance.Your successful attacks will trigger a second strike while in this stance.

Damage: 168 (0.63)One Wolf Pack (8s): Striking a foe will cause them to be attacked again after a short delay.Strike Delay: ¼ secondsInterval: ¼ seconds

That skills shows in the combat log as one wolf pack.

@Taylan.2187 said:

One Wolf Pack
Stance.Your successful attacks will trigger a second strike while in this stance.

It's a bug that causes both the Siamoth maul and the Ranger Maul to actually hit twice.

@bravan.3876 said:

@apharma.3741 said:@Zenix.6198 Farming Thumbs up and Helpful!

How's about going the other way and nerfing ranger down to nothing and buffing pet to player level damage :joy:

Barely met Ranger players being half as skilled and useful as their pets. Just wait a bit, skill lvl is decreasing perma anyway in this game if you are not satisfied already, no need to nerf Ranger (or buff pets) for that goal. Ok that was mean... true... but mean

Another well deserved thumbs up.

Gazelle is overtuned, yet we need to realize what is happening here.

Marksmanship, Beastmastery ranger. This class has almost no condi clear, no sustain, and no defensive utilities. It has some serious drawbacks which is why most Rangers run Wilderness Survival instead of Marskmsnship.

So why is damage so high?Beastmastery:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pack_AlphaStats increased by 150.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pet%27s_ProwessFerocity increased by 300.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Loud_WhistleLess in play: above 90% hp on ranger pet does 10% more damage.

Marksmanship:From Clarion bondhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lesser_Call_of_the_WildPower increased by 90 from 3 might stacks.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Moment_of_ClarityAfter ranger interrupts pets next hit will do 50% more damage.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/RemorselessWhen the ranger gains fury, pets next hit does 25% more damage.

Greatsword:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Maul_(ranger_greatsword_skill)After the cast, Your pets next hit does 50% more damage.

I can pet swap, hilt bash for interrupt, maul, then Gazelle F2 and that F2 is now hitting you from a pet with +240 power; + 450 ferocity, + 125% bonus damage.

Personally I think the combo is fine and the person getting into range should be aware this could happen and just kite. There are players who literally never get hit by the pets.

That being said, Gazelle damage is just too high for both the F2 and the Charge and both should be shaved or nerfed even as much as like 50% imo. But the rest of the pets imo are fine.

Then again, if you just press the W key, he can't get you anyway...

Did I get a BINGO?!