The new 15 vs 15 SPvP will be useless to "most players" if it doesn't have a "queue"

Knighthonor.4061

I'll be that guy I guess: https://www.grammarly.com/blog/quotation-marks/.

Also, the 15v15 doesn't need to have a queue necessarily as long as it's very apparent when matches are about to start, unlike with Automated Tournaments. The main problem with Automated Tournaments is this: People who don't always log on at the same time and would like to compete will not bother memorizing a schedule for something they will barely use. Consequently, when the AT IS up AND they have time, they won't know because they have to be on that very specific part of the PVP window or watching chat in HotM when people are forming teams.

@Aeolus.3615 said:15 vs 15 must never happen... 10 vs 10 would be decent.

It needs a ladder.

It needs a queue.

It needs to be focused on guild groups.

It needs to be 10 per team max, 15 or more is the number for bad players wanting to get carried with stacking.(with actual balance).

You don't even know what the game mode consists of, saying all that. I say 15vs 15 can be good. Especially if it is a mode with multiple simultaneous objects that benefit the team. Other MMOs with large group sized pvp instances have been successful for decades, I don't see how that suddenly stops at GW2.

Remember 5v5 Conquest became standard not by our choice but by Anet's premature decision. I personally hate 5v5 Conquest and would have played 15v15 in Vanilla if it had a queue. The 5v5 balance is terrible and very meta heavy.

I hope greatly Anet don't make another premature decision to make something like this (if ever does happen. Likely not according to above quote) Guild specific. It would kill the potential of this game mode from the start. Most people that pvp don't do Guild Pvp. Simple as that. It would eliminate a large segment of the pvp population for such a game mode. But that's Anet's decision. Which is concerning because Anet doesn't have a good track history in this area of GW2.

But again, never going to happen anyway. 5v5 Conquest forever....

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:15 vs 15 must never happen... 10 vs 10 would be decent.

It needs a ladder.

It needs a queue.

It needs to be focused on guild groups.

It needs to be 10 per team max, 15 or more is the number for bad players wanting to get carried with stacking.(with actual balance).

You don't even know what the game mode consists of, saying all that. I say 15vs 15 can be good. Especially if it is a mode with multiple simultaneous objects that benefit the team. Other MMOs with large group sized pvp instances have been successful for decades, I don't see how that suddenly stops at GW2.

Remember 5v5 Conquest became standard not by our choice but by Anet's premature decision. I personally hate 5v5 Conquest and would have played 15v15 in Vanilla if it had a queue. The 5v5 balance is terrible and very meta heavy.

I hope greatly Anet don't make another premature decision to make something like this (if ever does happen. Likely not according to above quote) Guild specific. It would kill the potential of this game mode from the start. Most people that pvp don't do Guild Pvp. Simple as that. It would eliminate a large segment of the pvp population for such a game mode. But that's Anet's decision. Which is concerning because Anet doesn't have a good track history in this area of GW2.

But again, never going to happen anyway. 5v5 Conquest forever....

I was hyped about 5man conquest..Initially.

With well design and several type of objectives the 15playera team could work, but last time we had this conversation on forum players wanted plain area to stack and spam cause objectives is a pve thing....

That’s why I’m so reluctant/obtuse about this topic.

A lot of supposed gw2 gvgers would cry about gw1 map mechanics....gw1 is somewhat more complex than gw2 due how skills work and can interact with counters, on gw2 everything is translated to damage output and boon stack gameplay.

Imo with the 15 players will try to find ways to stack for overperformance and rush directly to whatever the objective is.

And due low effort game nature of damage output and spambility ic 15 to much...