Masterful Toast

So this appears to be really messed up. If we take a practicle look at it, we get our drink items during the Wintersday festival, But, we can also get them throughout the year and they count, and we can do another once a month collection for even more drinks. So, today and for the rest of the year though, we still can not get the Masterful toast Title because we didn't buy a somehow associated item from the Winters Presence Collection, namely the blueprint for Winters Presence shoulder piece?!?!?Not sure how this happened but please fix it.

It was originally designed that you couldn't do it all year round and only progress the drinks part of the winters presence achievement during Wintersday. Because of the high number of drinks needed for this part of the collection, Anet decided to make it a year round collection so players could progress the drinks achievement buying draining the TP of what was required and take off some of the pressure.

I guess they could sell the blueprint off season too - I'm not really seeing any major objection to why they shouldn't. I guess they wanted o try and keep at least the start of the progression during the festival and allow players to work on the rest off season, which makes sense

Ugg, still want this skin and still can't get it. At this point I would be okay with the whole thing being available year round, events and all. For me it's drinks, sigils and runes along with oh so much regret for not doing the runes and sigils when they were cheap. Thanks so much for killing their drop rate and creating two additional gold walls on top of the drinks...

Have you experienced this "back credit" for previously used drinks? I'm suspicious because I suspect I'm near to or already have the required number.After thinking about it, wasn't the required item on the "after events" vendors near the Lions Arch underground WP last year? It's gone.

@"Tumult.2578" said:Have you experienced this "back credit" for previously used drinks? I'm suspicious because I suspect I'm near to or already have the required number.After thinking about it, wasn't the required item on the "after events" vendors near the Lions Arch underground WP last year? It's gone.

The achievement is continually available in the Community category, you can check yourself how far along you are.

I have not experienced "back credit" for this achievement specifically, but when I unlocked the Winter's Presence collection, I had already completed Sounds of the Season (giving Winter Music Score) and I think The Wintersday Gauntlet (giving the Snowball).

@Tumult.2578 said:it looks like the Community collection must be purchased from the gem store, but they relied on puchase of the required item to allow the completion of the Festival Collection and Title award.

Purchased from the gemstore? Could you grab a screenshot, because that sounds bizarre! I'm gonna have to look on my alt account too...

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Tumult.2578 said:it looks like the Community collection must be purchased from the gem store, but they relied on puchase of the required item to allow the completion of the Festival Collection and Title award.

Purchased from the
gemstore
? Could you grab a screenshot, because that sounds bizarre! I'm gonna have to look on my alt account too...

Im not sure what he means either. I just verified, you cant buy anything for that collection on the gemstore, all the food and drinks come from the trading post. The OP is right you cant get the Blueprint except during wintersday but i believe thats the point. it -is- limited to wintersday.

I did not find much info about the Community Collection and it looked like it may be from GW1 origonally and because of that assumed the only access to it now was an ocassional gem shop sale. I see now that there are ways to unlock it. I have no interest in the Winters Presence collection and will never do that JP again. Masterful Toast however, does not show as a collection on the Hidden Achievements Wiki page. So, although the collection is likely completed, it's locked for a year. I'm sure there's some logic to this.Yeah, right.

@"Tumult.2578" said:I did not find much info about the Community Collection and it looked like it may be from GW1 origonally and because of that assumed the only access to it now was an ocassional gem shop sale. I see now that there are ways to unlock it. I have no interest in the Winters Presence collection and will never do that JP again. Masterful Toast however, does not show as a collection on the Hidden Achievements Wiki page. So, although the collection is likely completed, it's locked for a year. I'm sure there's some logic to this.Yeah, right.

Here: http://dulfy.net/2015/12/15/gw2-winters-presence-guide/

The Winters Presence collection is unlocked by:

Go to the Wintersday Vendor in Divinity’s Reach and purchase the blueprint for 3 gold and 25k karma.

So no, it has nothing to do with the gem store. Maybe before making accusations about things being on the gem store, first do a proper search for the information you are looking for.

It was already mentioned as to WHY the drinks collection is available all year round. The logic being: since it's a very costly part of the collection and can take quite a while, and in order to not spike prices on the TP forcing players to acquire drinks during a limited period of time, the collection is available all year round. I find that a very sound approach.

Masterful toast grants the "Spirited Drinker" Title. An activity done throughout the year. I've been tyrying to find if it can be obtained outside of the Winterday Festival so drinks wouldn;t be wasted. I didn't intend to upset anyone. It looked like Masterful Toast was what granted the title.

@"Tumult.2578" said:Masterful toast grants the "Spirited Drinker" Title. An activity done throughout the year. I've been tyrying to find if it can be obtained outside of the Winterday Festival so drinks wouldn;t be wasted. I didn't intend to upset anyone. It looked like Masterful Toast was what granted the title.

Check the Community category under General in the achievement panel. Like I said in my second reply.

The Achievement is called "Festive Imbiber". It rewards the title Sprited Drinker and the item Masterful Toast.

The achievement is available all year round.