Immune to crowd control!

Completely fill your skill bar with stun breakers and stability. Run out of stun breakers when the enemies stun spam you past all your dodges and skills. Get stun spammed to death AND have no skills to kill things is great.

Older games that have done it better have a CC limit that stacks up to say 3 times before you are immune to it for a few seconds. Those kinds of developers found out quick that spending 15 seconds being unable to do anything until you are downed is the primary reason people quit games with CC. GW avoids that trap at least until mid game where it is out of nowhere without teaching you about enemies that spam and THEN players quit.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Completely fill your skill bar with stun breakers and stability. Run out of stun breakers when the enemies stun spam you past all your dodges and skills. Get stun spammed to death AND have no skills to kill things is great.

Older games that have done it better have a CC limit that stacks up to say 3 times before you are immune to it for a few seconds. Those kinds of developers found out quick that spending 15 seconds being unable to do anything until you are downed is the primary reason people quit games with CC. GW avoids that trap at least until mid game where it is out of nowhere without teaching you about enemies that spam and THEN players quit.

What mobs specifically do people run into in open world that do this? I've literally never had a problem with stun lock against any groups of mobs.

@Shikaru.7618 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Completely fill your skill bar with stun breakers and stability. Run out of stun breakers when the enemies stun spam you past all your dodges and skills. Get stun spammed to death AND have no skills to kill things is great.

What mobs specifically do people run into in open world that do this? I've literally never had a problem with stun lock against any groups of mobs.

I only remember Gravelings being able to stun lock players but those aren't open world.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:In the megaman-series, there was the famous invincibility mechanic. Whenever you got hit by an enemy or projectile, you got knocked back a few frames, lost some HP but turned invincible for 1-2 seconds while your armor was flashing. Sounds good in the first moment. But after a while, players figured out that the invulnerability could be abused. I used it a lot to walk impossible passages with spikes, which would normally kill you on touch. Especially in the early X series, it was possible to get a lot of power-ups way too early in the game.

With that memory in mind and knowing how creative our player-base is when it comes to exploits, the outcome would be imbalanced as kitten. Just trigger the cc-invincibility with a weak cc and then watch the enemy dishing out its most powerful knocks. A couple of us can stun/cc ourselves. We could just do that, stunbreak and then enjoy the show ^^.

I can't think of any reason why being temporarily immune to CC would make you immune to damage too.

@Ben K.6238 said:

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:In the megaman-series, there was the famous invincibility mechanic. Whenever you got hit by an enemy or projectile, you got knocked back a few frames, lost some HP but turned invincible for 1-2 seconds while your armor was flashing. Sounds good in the first moment. But after a while, players figured out that the invulnerability could be abused. I used it a lot to walk impossible passages with spikes, which would normally kill you on touch. Especially in the early X series, it was possible to get a lot of power-ups way too early in the game.

With that memory in mind and knowing how creative our player-base is when it comes to exploits, the outcome would be imbalanced as kitten. Just trigger the cc-invincibility with a weak cc and then watch the enemy dishing out its most powerful knocks. A couple of us can stun/cc ourselves. We could just do that, stunbreak and then enjoy the show ^^.

I can't think of any reason why being temporarily immune to CC would make you immune to damage too.How about soft CC like cripple and chilled? Their job is to slow you down so it will take longer to get out of reach of whatever damage source is beating on you, thus indirectly leading to you getting hit with more damage. Immunity to those CCs will reduce the damage you get simply because you can move away from the source of damage faster, which might just be the difference between living and dying. You can bet that there will be situations where players figure out that instead of playing to the encounter mechanics, they can just bait specific CC to abuse the immunity afterwards to skip obstacles.

@Henry.5713 said:Next people will ask for ways to increase or protect their own HP pools because they keep taking damage until they die.

HP pools should be normalized though.With all the power creep, there is no reason why any class, aside from the queens of running away and shooting from stealth Thieves, should have less than 15000 HP.

@Shikaru.7618 said:

In the most recent map, those red-glowing crow spirits things yell something that toss you backwards like the gust ele skill. When the portal event is up, many of these can pop, and toss you around like a flipper ball because they basically have a very low CD on that skill. I'm not saying it's a death threat (though I acknowledge it might be) but it surely is infuriating.

I'm more or less sure you can find more examples.

@ThomasC.1056 said:I'm not sure @Sylent.3165 is asking about the stability boon, or stunbreakers skills.

I think it's more an issue of constant CC application from specific mobs, especially when you're fighting a pack of them, and they all toss their CC at the same time (which works also with sPvP to a certain extent). You can quickly be overwhelmed. The word is stunlock and that's not something brand new...

It's very much like boon stripping. Against some mobs (and players), you can litteraly play full boonrip, and toss all you have, just to see the boons pop instantly each time you rip/corrupt them.

The spam really is an issue.

Why did I have to reach this far down the page to see a non-snarky, informed reply?

Even way back in the days of the Jade construct enemies, the CC was incredibly frequent, with such a short cooldown it was pretty much a default attack. It doesn't matter if you build for block/stability/dodge (at which point you do far less damage), because the cooldowns on those skills don't come back as quickly as the enemy's cheap stun-autoattack. And stability is laughable, if it's even available on a given profession. It doesn't last nearly long enough, and it suffers the same or worse cooldown pacing, with enemy attacks being just slow enough that more than one stack is useless.

It is a problem, and we've been pointing it out for years.

@Arzurag.7506 said:The only solution is, as you have suggested, a short window of time where hard-cc can´t be applied anymore.

To be honest, we need this with all statuses.Stunbreak a hard-CC? Gain a second (3 sec in PvE) of immunity.Self-cleanse a bleed stack? Immune to application of it for a brief period.It might even tame some of the condi-spam that plagues WvW.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Ben K.6238 said:I can't think of any reason why being temporarily immune to CC would make you immune to damage too.How about soft CC like cripple and chilled? Their job is to slow you down so it will take longer to get out of reach of whatever damage source is beating on you, thus indirectly leading to you getting hit with more damage. Immunity to those CCs will reduce the damage you get simply because you can move away from the source of damage faster, which might just be the difference between living and dying. You can bet that there will be situations where players figure out that instead of playing to the encounter mechanics, they can just bait specific CC to abuse the immunity afterwards to skip obstacles.

I don't think there's a significant call for immunity to cripple and chilled.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:They should prob add something to the game that allows you to get out of control effects, like some way to get out of stuns or knock downs or something...

If only there was a way to break out of stuns...

Yes! Call it a break stun skill or something similar. Genius idea.

Egads, I think you might be on to something there!

@Arzurag.7506 said:Or they could do the right thing and simply add Break bars to players already.

I heard they tried it with the Herald shield skill and with mounts, but they went in a different design direction.

That, and it would have to be a sort of reverse-Defiance, so the first CC hit actually goes through, but the player is protected afterward, possibly with CC doing damage to it to break it sooner.

The Snark, Sarcasm and utter rudeness in this thread is just sad. Congrats GW2 forum players, not only did you not understand the OPs post, but instead of asking for clarification or offering helpful feedback you went the exact opposite.

@OP, i agree it would be nice if you -couldnt- be stun-locked. The long cool downs on Stun breaks and cleanses is absurd with the sheer amount of CC some of these mobs can throw at you, some of them are even on their AA which makes it worse. Its not fun to get perma chilled, crippled, or worse get knock downed 5 or 6 times in a row.

@Shikaru.7618 said:

I got surrounded by a group of risen brutes once. That was the day I understood what that breaks-stun note meant on some of my skills.

@Dante.1763 said:The Snark, Sarcasm and utter rudeness in this thread is just sad. Congrats GW2 forum players, not only did you not understand the OPs post, but instead of asking for clarification or offering helpful feedback you went the exact opposite.

@OP, i agree it would be nice if you -couldnt- be stun-locked. The long cool downs on Stun breaks and cleanses is absurd with the sheer amount of CC some of these mobs can throw at you, some of them are even on their AA which makes it worse. Its not fun to get perma chilled, crippled, or worse get knock downed 5 or 6 times in a row.

But here is the problem though:

The OP literally states “I don’t think this needs too much explaining as to why”. He obviously has a problem but give no context, no mob details, nor does he say what classes he plays.

It just is kinda hard to be sympathetic when he is being so cryptic. That is like the worst way of offering feedback.

Personally I just upvoted the post below the OP.

Edit: and btw, we don’t even know if he speaks about PvE, SPvP or WvW.

@Sylent.3165 said:

@ThomasC.1056 said:I'm not sure @Sylent.3165 is asking about the stability boon, or stunbreakers skills.

I think it's more an issue of constant CC application from specific mobs, especially when you're fighting a pack of them, and they all toss their CC at the same time (which works also with sPvP to a certain extent). You can quickly be overwhelmed. The word is
stunlock
and that's not something brand new...

It's very much like boon stripping. Against some mobs (and players), you can litteraly play full boonrip, and toss all you have, just to see the boons pop instantly each time you rip/corrupt them.

The spam really is an issue.

This. I am very aware of stun breaks and stability. But basically need to keep all my utility as those kind of skills which isn't much fun on my opinion when random mobs sometimes pop out of no where.

Having to build around stun breaks is pretty much my first consideration when theorycrafting new builds. This is very limiting and, in my opinion, means hard cc is over the top right now. I'm with the OP on this one. I do not enjoy the current state of this mechanic. It royally ticks me off that I can't knock PvE enemies off cliffs too. That is slightly of topic but worth mentioning as a lot of WvW players have paid for my irritation with their toon's lives! They fall off cliffs real nice :)

@flog.3485 said:

@Dante.1763 said:The Snark, Sarcasm and utter rudeness in this thread is just sad. Congrats GW2 forum players, not only did you not understand the OPs post, but instead of asking for clarification or offering helpful feedback you went the exact opposite.

The OP literally states “I don’t think this needs too much explaining as to why”. He obviously has a problem but give no context, no mob details, nor does he say what classes he plays.

It just is kinda hard to be sympathetic when he is being so cryptic. That is like the worst way of offering feedback.

I am not sure what else to explain. There are a lot of mobs in.pve who can put you on the ground and keep you there for one simple mistake.

PvP I don't do but am sure it's just as brutal at times.

@NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935 said:

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:They should prob add something to the game that allows you to get out of control effects, like some way to get out of stuns or knock downs or something...

If only there was a way to break out of stuns...

/Sarcasm onWait! There is! WOW. I have been playing it all wrong :o/Sarcasm off

I know the OP has no clue. For PvP, there needs to be a curb down of CC, especially AOE CC. And there never ever should be an unblockable CC.

@Sylent.3165 said:

I am not sure what else to explain. There are a lot of mobs in.pve who can put you on the ground and keep you there for one simple mistake.

PvP I don't do but am sure it's just as brutal at times.

Well I don’t know. Personally the only mob that I think to be a little bit overturned in the whole game is the jacarandas and it gets worse when you encounter groups of them (due to their long ranged CC that may not see coming).

Apart from that I tend to believe from your further posts that if you are struggling so hard about mobs to the point where you are complaining about needing so many anti CC skills, that there might be something wrong with the weapon you use, the way you play or the gear you have equipped. Hence why I criticized your opening post for being so cryptic.

Cuz in general, mobs tend to melt so fast anyway or you just skip them so easily imo, unless your are purposefully playing in the least logic way possible.

Yep, been there said that myself lol

Honestly the only thing they need to do is go back and make Stability duration based again like it used to be.The change to stacks killed the boon in PvE and WvW imo.

PvP is fine with stacks but in PvE and WvW where it's often a few stacks of stability and a stun break against an endless wave of CC then yeah.. Stability is almost totally useless and stunbreaks having no immunity phase means that more often than not you'll break a stun and get stunned again within the same second.

@Shikaru.7618 said:

Groups of ogres in Queensdale will continually use knockdowns and you just lay there watching health drop. I have had them do this in a chain so that when one knockdown wears off another one hits.