Power shortbow in OW

Aigleborgne.2981

Is power shortbow actually decent in OW?

I used it because my leveling thief just got a rare one and I found out that boucing attack was great against multiple foes, even better than PP unload.

With good damage, I can killed several foes around me in seconds, thanks to the homing boucing attack.On drawback, its damage is very low vs one opponent and I can't find good reason to use initiative beyond the poison thing (to get 25% more damage).I was wondering if grieving stats could provide better results? Or just sticking to berserker.

Considering I still have to switch to melee or PP for single target veteran or champion.Traitlines would be deadly arts, critical strikes, X (depending on situation)

Depending on your 3rd line major and minor traits and whatever sigil/rune/whatever mods will pop off, remember that Choking Gas has the pulsing Daze that can activate interrupt mods and the Poison Field can be blasted for Weakness if you have traits behind that. Some weapons are just more for utility and you have to switch a lot, but I don't see that as a downside and is a huge advantage in cases.

I've played with Power Shortbow before, I didn't like it, but it was fun. If you build DA/CS/DE and take Firebrand Rune for an insanely long Quickness duration (+Premed) which also extends the +200 power/precision from BQoBK on a Diviner armor set, you'll find it very useful in either single or multiple targets.

Here's a rough build just to give you an idea: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PaxAUhrlFwwYTMNmJO0LbvWA-zRhYBRBYFElYQDwhD9ISXBI2LQQoEqS7B-e

@"Aigleborgne.2981" said:It will take me time to unlock elite, so I was thinking something like this:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PaxAUhjlZwoYYsLGJO2KbrXA-zRJYsRN/pkjIoYhQ4SgWWAOdaQxpF-e

Utilities can change, depending on situation.Global idea is short bow choking gas spam, with auto as filler. Daggers when needed (vs champion, reflect).

Just so you know, that is a hybrid, not a power build.

As a hybrid, that's is a good build. Yeah, unlock DE ASAP, Binding Shadow alone is worth it for your build, not to mention Malicious stealth attacks.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@"Aigleborgne.2981" said:It will take me time to unlock elite, so I was thinking something like this:

Utilities can change, depending on situation.Global idea is short bow choking gas spam, with auto as filler. Daggers when needed (vs champion, reflect).

Just so you know, that is a
hybrid
, not a
power
build.

As a hybrid, that's is a good build. Yeah, unlock DE ASAP, Binding Shadow alone is worth it for your build, not to mention Malicious stealth attacks.

Yeah I know, I feel that hybrid would be more efficient for shortbow than power only, regarding core spec. Deadeye might change this.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:It will take me time to unlock elite, so I was thinking something like this:

hybrid
, not a
power
build.

Yeah I know, I feel that hybrid would be more efficient for shortbow than power only, regarding core spec. Deadeye might change this.

Shortbow shines as a primer to whatever you're plotting, if you're softening up a choke point to blast, dismantling a group or squad to a point where they can be rushed, etc. It also plays with similar hand dexterity as staff with SB#3 and #5 working great on their own but also broadens your options combined with other stuff, like carrying a Bound dodge through SB#5 for some reach but it's window of stopping power might be too wide on it's own when you need to just clean up an area. It's one of my favorite weapons but even in open pve for cleaving/single target/parrying Dagger/Dagger or Staff are great for open world pve if you're just plowing through stuff with SB being the perfect utility on your Initiative pool.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:It will take me time to unlock elite, so I was thinking something like this:

hybrid
, not a
power
build.

By the way, the issue you might find going full hybrid is that you're running on base toughness and vitality which means you'll be dodging a lot. Not taking Acrobatics or DD will give you a very bad experience in Open World. You should only commit to a glass cannon build if you'll be part of a group where someone can top you off or buff you, otherwise any mob that don't die fast, like the Elite mob, will give you a hard time due to your fragility and low endurance. Just something to keep in mind.