(new player) tips how to change to full server/homeworld ?

omarxz.5837

im new player and i really want to play on desolate , i keep reading on internet some contradiction like someone saying ( you wait in night to transfer server ) other saying ( you wait for friday for rest WvW ) while other saying the low population drop in monday not friday

i want to main WvW and i really want to play on most fullest server possible and i don't mind que at all , i just enjoying seeing alot of players

but my lvl 1 character there is option ( free transfer ) is that premenant option every 7 days ? or only 1 time thing per account ? also i don't want to lvling my lvl 1 character fearing this option will disappear since some other video games give some changing options on low lvl only and google search didn't help me find about this issue too , since it keep showing me ( transfer from EU to NA ) which is not what i want

I won’t go in to when a full server might open but here’s some information about transferring

Accounts without active characters

The transfer fee is waived for accounts without any active characters. This allows players just starting out to change to another world that is not full. You can also transfer without cost if you delete all your existing characters. The next time you log on without any characters, you will be prompted to choose a new home world. Please be aware of the following:

Transfers to any game world — whether free or paid for with gems — are allowed only if the population of the world is at less than capacity.Transfers to any game world — whether free or paid for with gems — are allowed only once per seven days.

If you decide to delete the characters on your account, Customer Support cannot restore them, in whole or in part.When all characters are deleted, your guilds, coin, and bank contents will not be lost.

As a clarification if you’re a new account less than 7 days old, when they say once every 7 days the timer starts when you select a world and log on. The first time you can transfer is 7 days from then.

It is possible, that a full server will never be open or won't for a very long time. Just play wvw on whatever server youre on now.

Also, if you have a free server transfer.(because you're a ftp account, > bought account) .. you'll still have that leveled up or not. Its a one time thing.

What i don't understand is why you're ao sure you need to change server, if you haven't even leveled your char yet?

Be aware that at some point they plan -- or at least currently intend last I heard -- to ditch the server system and make WvW guild-dependent instead. There is no time table for this, it could be in a few months or a couple of years if it happens at all. But if you need to spend cash or gems to do your transfer, try to do it at the start of a quarter as they seem to be giving us some one-quarter roadmaps and that way they hopefully wouldn't do the swap just a week after you paid.

@Taygus.4571 said:What i don't understand is why you're ao sure you need to change server, if you haven't even leveled your char yet?

the better question is why i said in my main post ( i keep reading on internet some contradiction like someone saying ( you wait in night to transfer server ) other saying ( you wait for friday for rest WvW ) while other saying the low population drop in monday not friday )

its because there is tons of miss info and outdated stuff on google and about my character lvl 1 only was duo to fearing of able to create same looking character again since even in character slider there isn't even option to tell you the number of you select despite i took screenshots in character creation

You should also be aware that just because Desolation is the server with most wvw hours at the moment doesn't mean it will stay that way, nor does it mean that you have full maps around the clock. Guilds and individuals transfer to different servers for a variety of reasons, and the flavor of the month server changes frequently. If all you are looking for is a match-up with many players on your side, some of the high population servers might give you just as good an experience, while some of the full ones might not turn out to deliver what you are looking for during the timezone you usually play.

Probably the easiest way to make sure to have people to play with is to find a wvw guild and choose the guild's home server as your own. Post in the looking for guild forum, give your server region (EU or US), timezones you play in and playstyle of choice, or scroll through the guilds advertising in the same forum and see if there's one that suits you.

@omarxz.5837 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:What i don't understand is why you're ao sure you need to change server, if you haven't even leveled your char yet?

the better question is why i said in my main post ( i keep reading on internet some contradiction like someone saying ( you wait in night to transfer server ) other saying ( you wait for friday for rest WvW ) while other saying the low population drop in monday not friday )

its because there is tons of miss info and outdated stuff on google and about my character lvl 1 only was duo to fearing of able to create same looking character again since even in character slider there isn't even option to tell you the number of you select despite i took screenshots in character creation

as I said, a full server may never change. If you're going to wait on that.. you're never going to play the game.

WvW is more than active enough on every server.