class balance

fadico.9613

Make the new and current bursting condition damage stat. Follow the the same rules as the bursting power stat.

Also for ANet to sacrifice a little bit of the queue times, for the sake of a little bit better match quality. Not asking for much maybe 5 minutes more at maximum before MM decide to put Top 10 duo plus Legendary/Platinum team, against one Legendary/Platinum player and 4 golds and silver players.

Pure speculation here, but looking at the way MM at the moment is done, it seems likely that it is not a simple linear progression from poor quality/fast q's to high quality/slow q's.

There may well be tipping points at either end which would fluctuate depending on the size and diversity of the pool of players at any given time. This would lead to completely meaningless mm at the fast end and impossible mm for some at the other.

I assume, again, that the playerbase could be represented by an elongated tear drop in terms of skill and numbers. Thus anyone at the pointy end would potentially only get into a game when decay had brought their mmr back down closer to the median if the algorithm is adjusted towards quality/slow.

So maybe one game a week for the very, very top players which could snowball if they just, and probably would, quit permanently as then those immediately beneath them would be in the same position and on it goes. This probably would be worse for us the players and Anets bottom line in the long run.

But this is with the current way of MM. Maybe making it more adaptive by adding a few things, like a final mm mmr to reject matchups that have a high statistical chance of one side winning by a large margin.

This would probably result in weird fluctuations in waiting times and people randomly ending up in rejection loops and feeling like something is deliberately out to get them personally.

Woops sorry OP, I'm not trying to derail your thread. I just think the two are linked and Reaper Alim mentioned MM so I'll try and blame them somehow, sorry Reaper Alim. I never noticed how long my post got till I posted it and now my apology for rambling on is now rambling on.

One workaround though could be to circumvent it all by creating our own season, keeping track of win/loss, having a ref and also agreeing on a rule set that for example excludes certain builds (I.e. anything deemed unbalanced)

@fadico.9613 said:THIS POST WILL BE FOR PPL TO TRY AND SAY WAT DO THEY THINK CAN BALANCE CLASSES AND GIVE THERE IDEASFor years, some people gave very good, on point, feedbacks of what is working, what isn't, with possible fine grained solutions...And look where we are now!

Back in the days, we even had representative players of each profession to send organized/filtered feedbacks to ANet staff and to discuss things. But it was another miscarriage.

If balance team stays the same, all these suggestions are for nothing. Complete waste of time and energy.

PvP team should balance PvP. It can only be better. But I'm afraid that management at ANet can't make the right changes.

Archived