Warrior needs a spear/polearm

Psycoprophet.8107

Why is one of the most basic iconic weapons in wars/battles not accessible to a warrior class,seems really off. I donno when I picture a berserker warrior going to battle a battle axe or spear fits so much more than a torch lol. Anet pls if u ever do an expat in future or add a weapon to each class consider spear/pole arm for warrior.ThnxPs I know this is highly subjective.

• Like 6

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Best we'll get is staff as a weapon if they release new E-Specs.

That be awesome as there's a few decent pole arm like skins that would look sweet. Some sweet bada$$ melee skills attached to it and good to go lol.

The problem would be making it not a copy of warrior hammer or thief staff. I'd like it to have a leap, a PBAoE blast finisher, and a stun that preferably has a flip over skill that combos into a damage skill. I suppose it would have to apply weakness, vulnerability, and maybe slow somewhere for some more utility to it other than being a pure damage weapon.

Not sure what such an espec would do. Staff doesn't scream support to me for warrior, but then they could bring back arias and echos from GW1 and gives us back the Paragon.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Best we'll get is staff as a weapon if they release new E-Specs.

That be awesome as there's a few decent pole arm like skins that would look sweet. Some sweet bada$$ melee skills attached to it and good to go lol.

The problem would be making it not a copy of warrior hammer or thief staff. I'd like it to have a leap, a PBAoE blast finisher, and a stun that preferably has a flip over skill that combos into a damage skill. I suppose it would have to apply weakness, vulnerability, and maybe slow somewhere for some more utility to it other than being a pure damage weapon.

Not sure what such an espec would do. Staff doesn't scream support to me for warrior, but then they could bring back arias and echos from GW1 and gives us back the Paragon.

Ur staff ideas sound good to me. I made Japanese looking war so Belinda's gs skin and a spear be my jam lol. Be cool if had few different stances as a mechanic like 1 offensive 2 defensive 3 support. Guess new banners as support/offensive/defensive utilities would be to samey as already existing bankers and to passive. Either way I'm not picky any way a they went with a staff espec I'd be for it lol.

If there was such a thing, then I would like it to have greater than average melee range (maybe 200-240 instead of 130). This would make it so that they don’t always need to charge in face first or constantly stick to their opponents, much like how a spear works in real life.

Lol it be awesome if it had one leap finisher in it and one spear toss for a ranged attack that pierces thru the enemy and sticks them to the ground as a form of hard cc that does dps and trade off is u gotta rip spear thu the player to use again if u want to use it during the 2 or 3 sec knockdown otherwise it just gets required after knock down duration. Might be clunky but be a fun skill to use haha.Leap skill a 300 range leaping thrust that due to length of weapon gets another range of 300 for a total of 600 range followed by a turnover skill one aoe spin that deals decent damage to the area. One spin instead of the trendy spin to win that anet seems to love.

Adding new weapons with new mechanics would bring something new and refreshing to this game, like gliding, mounts and e-specs did before.A warrior spear, if nohing else, could give us a ranged F1 skill, I'll leave it up to you to imagine your warrior throwing that thing :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Why is one of the most basic iconic weapons in wars/battles not accessible to a warrior class,seems really off. I donno when I picture a berserker warrior going to battle a battle axe or spear fits so much more than a torch lol. Anet pls if u ever do an expat in future or add a weapon to each class consider spear/pole arm for warrior.ThnxPs I know this is highly subjective.

I feel the EXACT same. Especially the torch. da fuq?Polearm would be nasty!! Finally another two hander melee.A true sentinel or captain of the guard!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

People have been clamoring over Polearm since GW1.  

Then again it's mentioned here - well before End of Dragons release.  Yet Anet didn't listen.  At all.

Instead, we got another Greatsword...with a hand cannon attached.

What's more?  The bonus unlock weapon for the warrior ... is an offhand pistol.

Before that?  Daggers.

Before that - as you mentioned - a TORCH.

Polearm is the MOST staple and reliable weapon for a warrior.  Extensively globally on earth, especially in Asia - so you'd think when you showed up in Shing Jea in Tyria; that's the weapon warrior would have gotten.  Unlock staff and use a polearm skin.  5 awesome new weapon abilities.  Done.

Yet that didn't happen.  It's mind-blowing how something so obvious could be missed.

Edited by Crimthan.9308
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Since Warrior doesn't have staff yet, and they've been making more battle-staff/polearm/spear skins for Daredevil and Revenant to use, it seems eminently possible to give Warrior staff and give it spear/polearm oriented animations.

If we ever get new especs again.

It'd be nice, if they do, to make sure it is a DPS weapon of some sort, preferably with decent cleave, and not healing/cc/support niche.