So everyone is getting their mobility CD's nerfed

Anput.4620

@Substance E.4852 said:

@Junkpile.7439 said:Mesmer have blink. Slow class.

It was mostly a joke but in reality, a class that can't be touched by melee while it pelts you with ranged damage is the same whether it's a mile away or 5 feet away

Difference is you can just about face and run 10 feet in the opposite direction from most rangers and be out of bow range if you don't want to fight.

People tend to start pew pewing the second they get into 1800 range. Take one step back and sniping from the moon stops working.

So the ranger is rooted in place as well?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Anput.4620" said:So i just tried to chase a rev with curent double swoop 3 times, they got away and remounted all 3 times with assassin stance, top tier mobility my kitten.

Dont u have swiftness and quickness availability on soulbeast? I mean assassin stance can provide 50% movement speed for a duration and staff 5 can gain some ground quick but the rest of their tele's require targets. With 33% movement speed increase via ur swiftness and two swoops u weren't able to catch him? Hmmm if he tele by using npc targets that's skillfull and deserved the disengagement no? Plus ur pew pew range.

They somehow teleported 2 times,, no target great ranges.

Yes, i know i walked into that wall lol, thought i could go up, but if that is not on par with the current double swoop then idk what it is. How did they talk that fast in the end too? Looked like twice superspeed, theyve been going around like that all week this WvW like jeez whats that build, fastest rev ive ever seen.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

It was mostly a joke but in reality, a class that can't be touched by melee while it pelts you with ranged damage is the same whether it's a mile away or 5 feet away

Difference is you can just about face and run 10 feet in the opposite direction from most rangers and be out of bow range if you don't want to fight.

People tend to start pew pewing the second they get into 1800 range. Take one step back and sniping from the moon stops working.

Since when is Mesmer rooted in place? They just constantly dance around you.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

There are actually several skills that root the Ranger in order to use them, so yes

@Anput.4620 said:

@Anput.4620 said:So i just tried to chase a rev with curent double swoop 3 times, they got away and remounted all 3 times with assassin stance, top tier mobility my kitten.

Dont u have swiftness and quickness availability on soulbeast? I mean assassin stance can provide 50% movement speed for a duration and staff 5 can gain some ground quick but the rest of their tele's require targets. With 33% movement speed increase via ur swiftness and two swoops u weren't able to catch him? Hmmm if he tele by using npc targets that's skillfull and deserved the disengagement no? Plus ur pew pew range.

Yes, i know i walked into that wall lol, thought i could go up, but if that is not on par with the current double swoop then idk what it is. How did they talk that fast in the end too? Looked like twice superspeed, theyve been going around like that all week this WvW like jeez whats that build, fastest rev ive ever seen.

As far as I'm aware they do need targets to teleport like that with swords and even Phase Traversal. So if they were doing that with no targets...I think thats more someone hacking or glitching or something. That is not typical behavior for Rev teleports. You can even see them use Phase Traversal without a target which shouldn't be possible.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Anput.4620 said:So i just tried to chase a rev with curent double swoop 3 times, they got away and remounted all 3 times with assassin stance, top tier mobility my kitten.

Well my guess is they used a small critter to tele killing it on tele' end making it seem as if there was no target or they hacked.I've had guards tele without a seeming target in wvw which a attribute to the above. If it was the targeting of a small npc animal that's a skillfull retreat and if its them being a pos and hacking than it's not a basis for balancing as it's a cheat.Let's not forget rangers unlike all other classes can fall behind up to 1800 range while pew pewing opponents for decent damage. No other class can follow behind a class trying to disengage and still do constant damage up to 1800 range. This is of course if rangers running a lb.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

I never said a nerf was unfair, just that 18 seconds is ridiculous, 15 would be more fair, i also didn't complain about the other nerfs, my main worry with mobility nerfs is, how will it balance out relative to warclaw balance? What will be done so that when i 1v1 a Thief whom can keep me in combat immobile necro and guard won't be able to speed at me with a cat regardless of their class mobility to come 3v1 me for free and without cost? If class mobility gets nerfed will warclaw mobility also be significantly be nerfed? Mainly base movement speed so we still have the same relative mobility. Seeing as zero care was given when implemented, how much care will be given now? Even with the Spear i believe that every class should have a chance to dismount someone and that the Warclaw shouldn't outspeed a Thief/Mesmer/Ranger.

Warclaw is not an excuse for rangers over the top mobility. What people are saying is that ranger mobility nerf should not be fair in relation to other classes due to it's mobility being considered over the top by most in it's current state. The balance here is about class vs class, not one class vs warclaw, because if that's the case, there are so many classes and builds that need huge mobility BUFFS if warclaw is going to be used as the baseline.

This patch is also centered around a new baseline for everything, changes will be made after this patch, but did not include any of the changes to warclaw which they stated they believe offers to much. Most people posting here have also stated they think warclaw is over the top, however that is NOT an excuse or reason to not bring down mobility of just your favorite class. This should be a post about changing warclaw, but it's not because you know what that mobility means in combat as well and just shows your bias.

This, how can ppl not understand such basic logic lol.

Your question makes no sense, my question was that the one being Pew Pewed by the ranger at 1,800 range is said to just be able to walk back 10 feet and be safe as if the ranger can't move once in combat, when in the real world, the ranger can start pew pewing and follow you once you move back, running from a ranger like this will get you killed and most classes, even ranged ones have to close in to fight. The only way to get out of the fight is to burn all mobility while the ranger is max range and hope you get OOC before the ranger swaps to GS to keep you in combat.

The video shows clear targets in the back ground, you are just not aware enough to see them. You are complaining about a classes ability that you don't even understand, which seems to be very common about people complaining about the patch notes.

@Substance E.4852 said:

There are actually several skills that root the Ranger in order to use them, so yes

"whooshing sound"

The ranger has just as much mobility, the ranger is not rooted and can indeed give chase, the fact it has skills that CAN root it in place means NOTHING, as if you are casting LB 5 at someone running away, well, you would probably lose the fight anyway.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

As far as I'm aware they do
need
targets to teleport like that with swords and even Phase Traversal. So if they were doing that with
no
targets...I think thats more someone hacking or glitching or something. That is not typical behavior for Rev teleports. You can even see them use Phase Traversal
without a target
which shouldn't be possible.

He does have a target, there are NPC and ambient in this area, his second port over the ledge, you can see it up at the base of the mountain, notice he ports up and to the right, rather than straight, look in the direction and you will see it. He just got out played is all, as he doesn't have "show all names" on so you don't see the NPCs off in the distance easy. He is also not very map aware, doesn't know the areas he can climb up, doesn't know what range indicators are and just wastes skills Pew Pewing.

Over all, it's a video of someone getting out played, not a out right mobility issue, the rev used ports to his advantage along with terrain for blocking like most good roamers will do. Hell, when I go into a fight, big time for out numbered fights, I will call a target off in the distance in case it gets iffy so I can just push "T" and use JI in very short order without having to look around for a NPC to click and then port to.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Your question makes no sense, my question was that the one being Pew Pewed by the ranger at 1,800 range is said to just be able to walk back 10 feet and be safe as if the ranger can't move once in combat, when in the real world, the ranger can start pew pewing and follow you once you move back, running from a ranger like this will get you killed and most classes, even ranged ones have to close in to fight. The only way to get out of the fight is to burn all mobility while the ranger is max range and hope you get OOC before the ranger swaps to GS to keep you in combat.

The video shows clear targets in the back ground, you are just not aware enough to see them. You are complaining about a classes ability that you don't even understand, which seems to be very common about people complaining about the patch notes.

"whooshing sound"

The ranger has just as much mobility, the ranger is not rooted and can indeed give chase, the fact it has skills that CAN root it in place means NOTHING, as if you are casting LB 5 at someone running away, well, you would probably lose the fight anyway.

need
targets to teleport like that with swords and even Phase Traversal. So if they were doing that with
no
targets...I think thats more someone hacking or glitching or something. That is not typical behavior for Rev teleports. You can even see them use Phase Traversal
without a target

He does have a target, there are NPC and ambient in this area, his second port over the ledge, you can see it up at the base of the mountain, notice he ports up and to the right, rather than straight, look in the direction and you will see it. He just got out played is all, as he doesn't have "show all names" on so you don't see the NPCs off in the distance easy. He is also not very map aware, doesn't know the areas he can climb up, doesn't know what range indicators are and just wastes skills Pew Pewing.

Over all, it's a video of someone getting out played, not a out right mobility issue, the rev used ports to his advantage along with terrain for blocking like most good roamers will do. Hell, when I go into a fight, big time for out numbered fights, I will call a target off in the distance in case it gets iffy so I can just push "T" and use JI in very short order without having to look around for a NPC to click and then port to.

Even if they used random mobs, then that is still mobility. Ranger mobility really isn't over the top when compared to real mobile classes like Mesmer or Thief.

@Anput.4620 said:

"whooshing sound"

need
no
without a target

Even if they used random mobs, then that is still mobility. Ranger mobility really isn't over the top when compared to real mobile classes like Mesmer or Thief.

See my response in almost every other post where you circle back to this same mantra.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

"whooshing sound"

need
no
without a target

Hm yeah you right, they were using the ambient creatures. Could barely see them. Thats why I have all names on, so I can notice those kinds of things.