Mastery Popup will not go away

I have boosted a character, and as such, do not have masteries unlocked. Because of this Everytime I kill something I get the "Your current ability is fully trained and ready to master!"

I do not want to skip content just to get rid of an obnoxious, inconvenient, nuisance of a popup. There is no way to turn this off.I have also submitted several bug reports regarding this. Please advise on how to turn off this pop up that is nothing but inconvenient.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How is this STILL a kittenING problem in 2021

• 2 weeks later...

Come on, just fix this already. Why does it have to be constant popup that repeats after fucking 5 seconds when you click X to close it. Stop treating your players like they are idiots please.. you only need to tell us once.And yes I know you can get rid of it by doing the story missions, but I'm still doing core game story mission now with this char.It's extremely annoying and mostly unnecessary.

edit: It's mostly when you exit combat, the pop up returns every time.

• 5 weeks later...

I agree this is really annoying. I was holding the two level 80 boosts I got to play the whole game with my first character. When I got to level 80 and filled up the Mastery bar the game kept flooding me with this message. I had to skip the part where I was in the story (I hadn't finished the level 70 story missions yet because I was going through dungeons and exploring the open world) to complete the first two Heart of Thorns chapters, just to make it stop. It was terrible lore-wise, because 1) I was forced through many spoilers and 2) it completly broke the story-line I was in until that point. What the hell was that for? I don't get it. Why can't you let the player follow his own pace once level 80 is reached?

Only occurs if your Pact Commander mastery isn't completed.Only occurs on level 80 characters.

When HoT launched I had enough Central Tyria mastery points and completed Pact Commander first. Afterwards this pop-up had gone away, even before I had fractal and legendary mastery tracks fully completed. I don't get the pop up anywhere in the HoT maps, even though I haven't obtained enough mastery points to finish them, and I never had the pop-up after PoF had launched.

My uncle doesn't have Pact Commander mastery completed yet and has been complaining for a while about this pop-up. He says it happens only on level 80 characters, as soon as he eventually levels them up (he doesn't use boosters or anything and levels up characters the old fashioned way: personal story and just general killing stuff). After he got enough mastery points to unlock another tier in Pact Commander, the pop-up went away until the XP bar was full again and he didn't have enough points to unlock the next tier.

So I've concluded it has to do with not having the Pact Commander mastery track fully completed, and it only happens when you play level 80 characters.

• 3 weeks later...

As a new player, I've spent my first week here falling in love with the richness and complexity of the world the GW 2 developers have created. Given how well done the game is generally, these mastery popups are especially jarring and obnoxious. Most of this past week I've been playing with different races and classes to get a feel for the game and to see which initial direction I wanted to go into more deeply. So it was only this morning, exactly a week after I started the game, that I boosted a character and settled down to work through the story lines. Now those mastery popups are jumping out every few minutes. To stop them, it seems I have to stop following the story sequentially and jump ahead to the middle of a chapter I haven't even gotten to yet. That is just a ridiculous, unnecessary bug. What I am also very much noticing, as a new player, is that the op in this topic is dated October 7, more than two months from the day I am posting this one. Two months without any apparent official response to a bug report? I hope that is an anomaly and not SOP around here.

If you've done your Personal Story, you gain one Central Tyria mastery point for each chapter you've completed once you've acquired an expansion. These were probably the ones that forced your screen to nag you like heck.

I'm not going to defend the over-nagging though: I agree that the game needs to be a lot more kind with how/when to nag you.

• 1 month later...

I made a new character a few months back and used a Birthday Celebration level boost I had to make me immediately level 60. Been doing the story with this character over the last few days and finally hit level 80 around the level 60 story part, and this pop-up honestly turns me off from playing the game. It covers the whole chat window and is just pointless. It happens after every single combat too! I don't want to miss out on tonnes of story just because of this pop-up but it is making the game less fun by the minute.

• 3 months later...

This is really annoying as I don't even have the two expansions on my account that it requires to unlock Mastery of. Please Please Please for Gods sake stop it from repeatedly poping up on my characters every time I fight something. It doesn't even apply to me at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Nodorf.6580 said:

@OroCrimson.3618 said:This is completely ruining the game for me. I've not completed the story and therefore don't have access to masteries in the first place. Please fix this ArenaNet. This has been an issue for at least 4 months apparently. This is unacceptable.

June 18 and still an issue...

June 22nd, and yep, still happening. If the pop-up were less obtrusive, or less frequent, it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But no, its big, its obnoxious, and it pops up every. single. time. I kill something. This is completely unacceptable. I shouldn't have to skip a bunch of story content just to get rid of an issue that should never have existed to begin with.

Yeah I just boosted my first character to 80 and enjoying the story, but I had to google how to disable this mastery pop up it covers my chat window all the time, it's a shame there seems to be no way to stop it without skipping ahead. I'd rather do the story in order...

• 1 month later...

This is really annoying, I have both expansions and did spent some 6 mastery points for all three branches. Still nagging on everyting, especially now, I've found some jumping puzzle or something "Second Aetherblade Site" which makes the stupid pop-up appear constantly on being ejected by the pads. Make it timed or something, IDK. Just not like it is now. :angry: >:C

@"Khallexziel.4327" said:This is really annoying, I have both expansions and did spent some 6 mastery points for all three branches. Still nagging on everyting, especially now, I've found some jumping puzzle or something "Second Aetherblade Site" which makes the stupid pop-up appear constantly on being ejected by the pads. Make it timed or something, IDK. Just not like it is now. :angry: >:C

Then, you are experiencing a different issue than what is being discussed in this thread. Have you tried a -repair of the client, or contacting the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below?

• 4 weeks later...

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Khallexziel.4327" said:This is really annoying, I have both expansions and did spent some 6 mastery points for all three branches. Still nagging on everyting, especially now, I've found some jumping puzzle or something "Second Aetherblade Site" which makes the stupid pop-up appear constantly on being ejected by the pads. Make it timed or something, IDK. Just not like it is now. :angry: >:C

Then, you are experiencing a different issue than what is being discussed in this thread. Have you tried a -repair of the client, or contacting the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below?

Repair of the client? I wouldn't think that it can change the way, the UI is working. Will see what happens again now, since I've gained some more points (13 total spent across all masteries) and I'm still filling up the XP. Might be a different problem as you say but previously it was getting triggered even from other things, not just the jumping pads.

• 1 month later...