[Build] Power Healer Soulbeast

Glitchfull.5826

-Build link below-

Decided to let go of a build I've been sitting on because, really, there isn't much of a point to sit on it.

The build has tons of sustain, team wipe capable cleaves, a metric ton of might, near perma AoE weakness, minor team support, and some scary burst windows. It also has flexibility in the build to suit other playstyles/strats. - This was made with sPvP in mind so I have not tested this build in WvW, but it could very well work out. Just may need some tweaks to make the switch to WvW.

The idea behind the build is using pet traits to instead buff you through Soulbeast merging.

Tips:

1. Swap out weapons for whatever you feel more comfortable with, it works alright with anything else that has good base power but may need some build tweaks to accommodate the new weapon/s

2. Use "Protect Me!" to proc Second Skin to mitigate condi pressure or use to set up burst combos through the taunt (Picking up Beastly Warden can cause some heavy taunt lockouts when paired)

3. Axe 3 is your bread and butter damage, also applying crazy weakness/chill uptimes, but don't be afraid to get in close to use Axe 2 for added damage spikes and to setup burst windows/combos with Axe 4/5

4. Get comfortable with just sitting in Jacaranda beast mode first, then practice switching between beast/pet mode for the Jacaranda, and then play with swapping to the bear for the amazing free Defy Pain. (Drop the bear for the Snow Owl for WvW mobility if you want)

5. Once you are comfortable with beast mode dancing and pet swapping you can then take advantage of the other tier 1 Soulbeast traits. Unstoppable Union gives you another source of stunbreaks on top of access to unblockable combos, which will allow you to also save "Protect Me!" to mitigate condi pressure or for use in other combos. Fresh Reinforcement is very potent when used with "We heal as one!". Share boons with your pet through "We heal as one!" and then go into beast mode to get the boons you shared with your pet for yourself (Bonus: Get double quickness through using this combo with the Zephyr's Speed trait. [super Bonus: Do that quickness combo with Essence of speed to gain bonus boon duration, but lose a heavy condi defense tool])

6. Use Sigil of Energy as a means to maintain 100% endurance to benefit from the Steady Focus trait

7. Have fun

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRBHhd+0JlKQ/KYtggrgAXLYJPwWCAFgT3TdIdlByfvz387Jl+q5A-jZxHQB6Y/BC+EAAwJAAhHEA5VGAA

Yeah unfortunately this build isn't very good. It's kind of all over the place, doesn't really have anything going for it. I'm not sure how it is in the lower divisions like bronze and silver but this build wouldn't hold up against competent players.

No offense to the OP, but metabattle might have something better for you. I'd advise not making your own builds unless you have a solid grasp of the game mechanics.

I'm gold 3 and there is nothing wrong with builds that aren't considered meta. Lighten up a bit on build fun. Just meant to be a new playstyle for people that might want to try something that isn't the build everyone else is running or has been running since HoT. GW2 failed to make competitive PvP long ago, just have fun man with builds. Not always about making the absolute best build possible. I found this build fun to play for me and decided to share it, never said it was an amazing build that would blow your mind so don't expect that.

@shadowpass.4236 said:Yeah unfortunately this build isn't very good. It's kind of all over the place, doesn't really have anything going for it. I'm not sure how it is in the lower divisions like bronze and silver but this build wouldn't hold up against competent players.

No offense to the OP, but metabattle might have something better for you. I'd advise not making your own builds unless you have a solid grasp of the game mechanics.

While I disagree about ppl not trying different builds out, clearly no it is not competitive but why not try stuff and unranked/lower tiers have fun, niche and crazy stuff that becomes meta is tried that way - however I do agree otherwise. This build is very misleading its NOT healer anything; just some extra for yourself in jacaranda mode at cost of DPS with menders. When you say healer ppl assume you heal OTHERS not just yourself. Anyways... I do see what you're TRYING to do; and it's interesting, but a bit all over. However, keep adjusting, power SB is interesting.

Archived