Human Female idle animations.

Seconded! 😄

There's been a number of stated reasons why they were removed, and no one seems quite sure of the actual reason. I think one of the devs (or Gaile Gray?) said it was due to a glitch they somehow never got around to fixing...would really be nice if they finally fixed it.

Edited by Batel.9206
Gray, not Grey. Whoops.
  • Like 6

I am not advocating necroing old threads.  I am asking that posters should see if the topic already exists and to actually read existing threads instead of creating yet another one which does not further advance the conversation.  However, if one finds an older thread, and they can comment on it by adding something new, then by all means.

The OP admits to "another request" to re-instate them which is not a new point.  This thread is superfluous.

• Like 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Because no one stretches like that while just standing around?  Maybe upon getting up from sitting or sleep.

I guess I'm "no one"...I do that all the time, and I've seen other people do it, too.

I mean, if we're going that route, how many people examine their hands stretched in front of them, curl one hand into a fist, then smack their fist against their open palm with a look of calculating murder on their face? (Male norn.) How many people cross their arms and look smugly from side to side as they exaggeratedly shift their weight back and forth, eyes narrowed; or reach up and scratch the top of their head by tilting their entire head toward their hand, half-closing one eye, reaching the other arm out a little for balance? (Asura.) How many people rock back and forth on their heels, swinging their arms slowly and gracefully, while staring around at the big wide world with an expression of glee and awe, grinning from ear to ear? (Female sylvari.) And let's not even start with some of the emotes...

...so...yeah, by that logic, we should just get rid of all idle animations, because few to no people actually do that in real life.

Yes, I know, I'm exaggerating on purpose here. But saying "no one [does] that" as a reason for removing the animation is kind of a flimsy reason when we've got all those other "unrealistic" idle animations.

• Like 10

45 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

I guess I'm "no one"...I do that all the time, and I've seen other people do it, too.

I mean, if we're going that route, how many people examine their hands stretched in front of them, curl one hand into a fist, then smack their fist against their open palm with a look of calculating murder on their face? (Male norn.) How many people cross their arms and look smugly from side to side as they exaggeratedly shift their weight back and forth, eyes narrowed; or reach up and scratch the top of their head by tilting their entire head toward their hand, half-closing one eye, reaching the other arm out a little for balance? (Asura.) How many people rock back and forth on their heels, swinging their arms slowly and gracefully, while staring around at the big wide world with an expression of glee and awe, grinning from ear to ear? (Female sylvari.) And let's not even start with some of the emotes...

...so...yeah, by that logic, we should just get rid of all idle animations, because few to no people actually do that in real life.

Yes, I know, I'm exaggerating on purpose here. But saying "no one [does] that" as a reason for removing the animation is kind of a flimsy reason when we've got all those other "unrealistic" idle animations.

Good points, true it's a game and not meant to be realistic in many regards.  And some of the other idle animations could probably stand an update.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Good points, true it's a game and not meant to be realistic in many regards.  And some of the other idle animations could probably stand an update.  

Personally, I'd love it if we could have a toggle for seeing idle animations (on our character alone, perhaps). I have a few sylvari who really don't fit the wide-eyed wondering sapling persona their idle animations give them. Just standing still would be fine for them.

Heck, that might solve the problem that some people had with the old female human idle animation - that it was too sexy or somesuch nonsense. Don't like it? Click a button and you never have to see it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Batel.9206 said:

Personally, I'd love it if we could have a toggle for seeing idle animations (on our character alone, perhaps). I have a few sylvari who really don't fit the wide-eyed wondering sapling persona their idle animations give them. Just standing still would be fine for them.

Heck, that might solve the problem that some people had with the old female human idle animation - that it was too sexy or somesuch nonsense. Don't like it? Click a button and you never have to see it.

See I'd be good with that, same on the sylvari...not all of mine are wide eyed adventurers either, some it works with.  Toggle on or off would be handy.  Personally none of them especially bother me, they so get a bit monotonous at times in groups.

• Like 1

I still think it would have been cool if they added a mechanism to choose which idle animations were active on your character (like picking a glider), only you could have many (or none) active at once. Then they could start making new passive animations (just like they make the longer ones that 'play' until stopped, like rock out, shiver, shiver plus, play dead), and sell them in the store.

I'd buy new animations to activate. I could de-activate ones I don't like. Others could de-activate ones they don't like, buy and add ones they like. Everyone's happy.

And they could make some available as achievements and other rewards as well.

• Like 5

On 12/23/2021 at 11:51 AM, Polymer.8302 said:

I'm still not sure why these were removed several years ago but here's another request to have them reinstated. It seems female humans now have only one idle animation whereas all the other races and genders have more. From an immersion and quality of life point of view it would be lovely to see these back.

To anyone wondering what these were you can see the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnVFHFyQS7E

Probably too sexy by modern Western standards. Or Chinese 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 12/23/2021 at 8:36 AM, kharmin.7683 said:

I am not advocating necroing old threads.  I am asking that posters should see if the topic already exists and to actually read existing threads instead of creating yet another one which does not further advance the conversation.  However, if one finds an older thread, and they can comment on it by adding something new, then by all means.

The OP admits to "another request" to re-instate them which is not a new point.  This thread is superfluous.

Start a new thread, get dogpiled for saying something already said.

Post to an old thread with concerns that would go in that thread, get ripped for necro'ing old threads.

There is no right way to discuss anything in a forum with Archivists.

"Archivist saves and squirrels away each and every discussion forum message. Do you remember having a bad day back in 1996 when in one of your messages you may have said a few things that were...well, perhaps a little...hasty? Don't worry, Archivist still has it and will post it to the forum if you begin to get the upper hand in battle. Archivist can be a very effective and fearsome Warrior."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Yttris.2945 said:

Start a new thread, get dogpiled for saying something already said.

Post to an old thread with concerns that would go in that thread, get ripped for necro'ing old threads.

There is no right way to discuss anything in a forum with Archivists.

"Archivist saves and squirrels away each and every discussion forum message. Do you remember having a bad day back in 1996 when in one of your messages you may have said a few things that were...well, perhaps a little...hasty? Don't worry, Archivist still has it and will post it to the forum if you begin to get the upper hand in battle. Archivist can be a very effective and fearsome Warrior."

I said before, if someone has something new to add to an older conversation, then by all means.  Often, it isn't anything more than necroing a thread by re-stating points that were already made or creating new threads with points that had been previously discussed.

Discussion should be more than repeating the same points over and over. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

7 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

We're talking gauntlet through the head kind of stuff, but I think the devs who were going to fix it quit long ago

Ah my good friend clipping. He’s actually the best of friends with all of my female charrs because tails are way too overpowered and can slice through armor and cloth alike.

• Like 2