Finally reached T4 fractals, but am confused about the people

@Safandula.8723 said:

After playing around with those numbers some more:Bringing an Alacrigade would have to increase the DPS of each party member by about ~24% to break even with just bringing another DPS instead.(Again, For a 5 man setting). Which imo just isnt realistic.

It can be if the renegade is the one doing most of the CC so you can actually get the 50% extra dps from breakbar without interrupting rotation or having to bundle non-stop, renegade could be around 12k for Ensolyss, good one around 15k, hard to compare when there's varying personal skill involved and without seeing the actual run/skill breakdown.

No class is mandatory at all, you can solo most if not all fractals, but for more casual groups HB/Ren + 3 dps or 2dps + 1bs is usually the safest bet regarding boons and actually clearing without struggling too much or wiping, it's not only alacrity but also might (which most HB's don't sustain properly), CC, protection, scholar uptime, vuln, personal dps, fury/swift if pack runes (yes i've seen HB's with 0% swiftness and 0% fury uptime), etc.

No, you are certainly correct here.As said, I had to make a lot of assumptions for this little number-crunch and it's 1 sample with lots of variables, so it probably doesnt mean much.But: For this particular encounter with this particular group: Everything the rev had to bring to the table (might, vuln, scholar uptime and whatnot) would have had to increase grp dps by 24% in order to warrant the pick over a 3rd DPS. And 24% is a quite a lot....especially considering this is one of the better grps (par the ele maybe) I have pugged CMs with.

The rev in your group made up just about 70%-80% of the entire groups defiance bar break. Honest question, how much cc did you contribute in that group today?

Renegade on staff 5 with sigil of paralyzation and Kalla Darkrazor's Daring is the backbone of any meta composition defiance break. Unless you want all damage dealers to use consumables multiple times, which literally causes dps loss. The renegade alone can put out the around 2k defiance bar break required, so the rest of the group does not have to, but usually just puts out the main part while dps players use 1 consumable.

That is without accounting for NPNG, alacrity or anything else the renegade is providing.

By the way, that arc log suggests everyone but you was doing cc, or they were terrible at their rotations.

EDIT:and just because everyone takes everything personal on the forums. No, this is not me berating you for potentially not doing cc. This is simply me asking, have you considered this aspect? It could have very well been the case that your team was weaker, especially the other weaver. It happens all the time that there is difference in skill. The overall performance was good enough to complete the CM and players adapted.

Does Sigil of paralyzation boost staff 5 as staff 5 is not a stun?

Yes it does.

no it doesnt. only works on darkrazor and consumables

ah that actually could be, it's been a while since I've updated my ren. I'll run a test a bit later today before doing fractals.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:It also doesn't work on darkrazors. Base Breakbar damage for daze is always 100. To exceed that you need a daze longer than 1 second. Even with paralyzation. Darkrazors daze duration would be below 1 second. As such paralyzation. Does t affect it. Staff 5 doesn't get affected.

@Cyninja.2954 @"Safandula.8723"

Yeah I just tested it myself. Guess I was mixing something up from the past.

Also not affected are Rocks (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rock), which makes sense since the effect is a knock-down. Tested this too while there.

According to discretize Metal Rods are affected, I just didn't have any on my ren to test myself. Will have to buy a new batch though. Given this, I might actually opt to take off the SoP on my Ren.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

After playing around with those numbers some more:Bringing an Alacrigade would have to increase the DPS of each party member by about ~24% to break even with just bringing another DPS instead.(Again, For a 5 man setting). Which imo just isnt realistic.

It can be if the renegade is the one doing most of the CC so you can actually get the 50% extra dps from breakbar without interrupting rotation or having to bundle non-stop, renegade could be around 12k for Ensolyss, good one around 15k, hard to compare when there's varying personal skill involved and without seeing the actual run/skill breakdown.

No class is mandatory at all, you can solo most if not all fractals, but for more casual groups HB/Ren + 3 dps or 2dps + 1bs is usually the safest bet regarding boons and actually clearing without struggling too much or wiping, it's not only alacrity but also might (which most HB's don't sustain properly), CC, protection, scholar uptime, vuln, personal dps, fury/swift if pack runes (yes i've seen HB's with 0% swiftness and 0% fury uptime), etc.

No, you are certainly correct here.As said, I had to make a lot of assumptions for this little number-crunch and it's 1 sample with lots of variables, so it probably doesnt mean much.But: For this particular encounter with this particular group: Everything the rev had to bring to the table (might, vuln, scholar uptime and whatnot) would have had to increase grp dps by 24% in order to warrant the pick over a 3rd DPS. And 24% is a quite a lot....especially considering this is one of the better grps (par the ele maybe) I have pugged CMs with.

The rev in your group made up just about 70%-80% of the entire groups defiance bar break. Honest question, how much cc did you contribute in that group today?

Renegade on staff 5 with sigil of paralyzation and Kalla Darkrazor's Daring is the backbone of any meta composition defiance break. Unless you want all damage dealers to use consumables multiple times, which literally causes dps loss. The renegade alone can put out the around 2k defiance bar break required, so the rest of the group does not have to, but usually just puts out the main part while dps players use 1 consumable.

That is without accounting for NPNG, alacrity or anything else the renegade is providing.

By the way, that arc log suggests everyone but you was doing cc, or they were terrible at their rotations.

EDIT:and just because everyone takes everything personal on the forums. No, this is not me berating you for potentially not doing cc. This is simply me asking, have you considered this aspect? It could have very well been the case that your team was weaker, especially the other weaver. It happens all the time that there is difference in skill. The overall performance was good enough to complete the CM and players adapted.

Does Sigil of paralyzation boost staff 5 as staff 5 is not a stun?

Yes it does.

EDIT:I was incorrect. Correctly pointed out by Safandula.8723 and RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 furhter down.

Aight, good to know. I was just gearing alarene and tought about getting para sigil ?

@RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:It also doesn't work on darkrazors. Base Breakbar damage for daze is always 100. To exceed that you need a daze longer than 1 second. Even with paralyzation. Darkrazors daze duration would be below 1 second. As such paralyzation. Does t affect it. Staff 5 doesn't get affected.

@Cyninja.2954 @Safandula.8723

U sure? I thought the same, but iv heard it works on dazes few days ago. Will test soon

Hey,To reply to the OP, some people like me are looking for really specific class and meta build because it's a way to challenge a content that we find easy. I mean going on Cm+t4 on daily basis with a Firebrand heal is not really challenging if you have a decent group everything will go very smoothly and it's a bit boring. On the other hand speedrunning makes things more interesting at least for me and for other people having the same mindset.In the end, it all comes down to personal preferences and on what you are looking for in Gw2.

Regarding the meta classes question, having a berserker/renegade (if played well) is not negligible as they provide both boons (might) and massive amount of cc. A run without good cc is often a chaotic one haha.

Cheers,

@Safandula.8723 said:

U sure? I thought the same, but iv heard it works on dazes few days ago. Will test soon

Oh, it does work on dazes. However it doesn't increase the breakbar damage. Only the daze duration. Since you will always do 100 breakbar damage with a daze you would need to daze for more than a second to get more than 100 breakbar damage. Since darkrazors won't exceed 1 second even with paralyzation it also won't do more than 100 breakbar damage.