You should've hotfixed D/P Thief

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:Well all of the other "fairer" builds got nerfed and now it's all about hiding in steath indefinitely and big back stab gimmick.

Idk what you mean, there's at least 3 competitive viable thief builds right now. You're by no means restricted to just "stealth cheese".

I was referring to the other d/p build that didn't rely on assassins signet or shadow arts. Yeah s/d is still alive too

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:why not just put Thief Profession in maintenance mode for few months in (6 months with heavy diagnosis testing) and release them after the patch settles in? what do you think?

we would lose almost half of pvp population if thief was removed lol

Sind would lose his job, partnership, and twitch account.

But what is there actually to hotfix? Only thing I can think of is desyncs or the fact that you can usually land a few autos more or less with stealth after usage of backstab... if you want a quick nerf, though it might be ez to accomplish with smokescreen obliteration and a steal range nerf of 800 range. I think the problem is the ability to just sit in stealth and punish with burst so without massive steal range the dp meta would be a bit closer to being daredevil which seems fine atm except complaints of swipe which is probably better suited to a brawler staff or sword play style which imo is fine, it’s just basically a trade off for the crazy mobility u can have just by having 3 dodges that can be traited for anything from damage to sustain

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Don't worry they will probably nerf smoke screen even more, probably increase cd to 50 secs, blind pulse to 2 secs, and duration dropped to 6 secs.

Maybe worse than that.

With the other hits to shadow arts, thief damage in general, the nerf to backstab....

The bandwagoneers will be gone.The skill aside now being a circle was always the same. Everything that follows it is also no different, I expected a CD increase but nothing else.

Backstab does need a pre-reveal but nothing else. Instant damage that's unpredictable has no place in the game.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:Well all of the other "fairer" builds got nerfed and now it's all about hiding in steath indefinitely and big back stab gimmick.

Idk what you mean, there's at least 3 competitive viable thief builds right now. You're by no means restricted to just "stealth cheese".

what builds are those?

@"Sikieiki.3189" said:D/p thief is hardcountered by power herald/soulbeast with signet of the hunt/lock on holo with goggles/toughness stacking. It's really not as broken as you think.

S/P daredevil is a way stronger build and would be ran, if it wasn't hardcountered by core d/p. It's also just as noob proof as core d/p.

Nah, you can pimp around a bad S/P thief any day of the week. Well, if you can't - then I guess they aren't the only bad of the bunch.

@"Sikieiki.3189" said:

@"Sikieiki.3189" said:D/p thief is hardcountered by power herald/soulbeast with signet of the hunt/lock on holo with goggles/toughness stacking. It's really not as broken as you think.

S/P daredevil is a way stronger build and would be ran, if it wasn't hardcountered by core d/p. It's also just as noob proof as core d/p.

Nah, you can pimp around a bad S/P thief any day of the week. Well, if you can't - then I guess they aren't the only bad of the bunch.

A terribad d/p thief will insta die after spiking, a terribad s/p theif has their 50% passive on top of having 3(4) stunbreaks.

Are you assuming a scenario where the d/p will Heartseeker into a 1v5? If this is a +1 scenario, you know it's never happening.