Anet, please crack down on people selling raids.

Oglaf.1074

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or alternatively a permanent filter you can apply to filter out entires with the term "Sell" in the group description/name.

Kind of a block/ignore feature, y'know?

EDIT: Also, why can I still not filter out language specific groups either? I don't speak French, nor German - those groups would never ever interest me at all.

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:They're not breaking any rules, though. It's allowed.

...yes, obviously.

That's the point of me asking Anet to, y'know, making it not as such.

Its funny though, they do not allow items to be sold or traded in the lfg. But hey raids are alright!

Because it directly involves forming a group it fits in the Looking For Group tool. The logic is pretty solid, actually.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

...yes, obviously.

Its funny though, they do not allow items to be sold or traded in the lfg. But hey raids are alright!

Because it directly involves forming a group it fits in the Looking For Group tool. The logic is pretty solid, actually.

Ahhrightrightright selling raids and selling objects are different.

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:Ahhrightrightright selling raids and selling objects are different.

With the false equivalence you're applying they're not. But they are factually different because in order to do a raid you have to be in a squad, aka a group, in order to complete the raid. You also have to do the actual content, which is part of the grouping thing.

When selling items, not only is there a trading post, meaning there's an avenue for it to be made legitimate, but also they in no way, shape or form necessitate using a group to sell items since mail is independent of the group system (and so is the trading post). When selling a group, well you're selling a service, not an item, a service that can easily be offered by others for free.

Read the raid guides, form a dedicated raid group, researcha builds, set up a raid schedule and then form your own raid. This is a you problem not an Anet problem. P.S. I raided normal and heroic in wow and never paid for a run. I formed my own groups.

@Drew.1865 said:Read the raid guides, form a dedicated raid group, researcha builds, set up a raid schedule and then form your own raid. This is a you problem not an Anet problem. P.S. I raided normal and heroic in wow and never paid for a run. I formed my own groups.

Yeah that is not really relevant to the topic at hand. Did you just want to brag or something?

My point is that all the selling spam is showcasing how the LFG function could, and should, be improved with stuff like filters. Same with the language specific groups - there's no reason why i should not be able to filter our languages I don't even speak. Those LFG entires are totally moot to me. On the flip side, you might have people who would like to filter their LFG specifically for their language and whatnot.

@Rennie.6750 said:90% of the "LFG" groups are people selling raids. They should just remove that option IMO, it just promotes selfishness when they could take some noob and teach. :)

I don't think people buying raid clear care about learning how to do them.I also don't think people selling raid clear would teach if they couldn't sell them. They would just do raid with their guild like everyone else.

@Ohoni.6057 said:If it's possible to sell raids, then clearly ANet have done something wrong with the content balance in the first place. There should be no market interested in buying raids.

Why not? Raid are hard endgame content that many people do not have the time to commit to or are simply too unskilled to play.They can farm gold the way they prefer, taking all the time they need, to buy clear for armor skins or whatever else you can get from themSame thing with dungeons or fractals and jumping puzzle and achievements and anything money can buy.

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

...yes, obviously.

Ahhrightrightright selling raids and selling objects are different.

You can't sell raids on TP, you know.

Anyway, I think it's reasonable request that raid selling gets seperate tab in raid LFG.

@Alchofas.8243 said:Does this mean I can also advertise myself in the LFG as a open world helper? Also PVP, Since i am just selling my service and nothing more.

This already happens. Some trains for HP/etc ask for tips. Some cap out on the weekly gold from mail off a single train.

@Ohoni.6057 said:If it's possible to sell raids, then clearly ANet have done something wrong with the content balance in the first place. There should be no market interested in buying raids.

Have you forgotten the time, when even dungeons like Ascalonian Catacombs were sold on the lfg? So in your opionion dungeons were too difficult as well, because there was a market for buying it?

back in the day, the developers said its okay to sell dungeons and post it on lfg because its a "gentleman agreement" and it belongs in lfg because its about forming a group. im paraphrasing right now but this happened, and thats why raid selling occurs too (and other, similar activities like mastery point taxis etc). i dont see anything wrong with that especially since you can use the search option in lfg

Archived