Anet, please crack down on people selling raids.

Oglaf.1074

This happens when those posting do not read the actual post and only read the title.The OP never asked if raid selling is allowed, nor if it's good or bad for the game or anything of the sort. A simple suggestion to make an extra LFG tab for raid selling is all that was asked for and I completely agree with it. While they are at it, they can add a Raid training tab too so newer players can find out if a training group does exist at that point and not have to filter through many listings to find a training group.

Overall, make the Raid LFG better for everyone.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@DebraKadabra.5278 said:I know of one HP train runner in particular who runs VB/AB/TD HPs and asks for 10 ecto for each map. 30 ecto is worth WAY more than 30 gold.

You have an interesting way of calculating worth. An ecto trades for 24-27s (buy/sell order), so 30g will buy you ~120 ectos...

Context, if your a player who gold caps each week, ectos are the way around it. Making 1k gold every week is equivalent to making 500 gold a week if the remain 500 gold is stuck in your mail. But there is no ecto cap.

@Alchofas.8243 said:Does this mean I can also advertise myself in the LFG as a open world helper?You sure can, reach the top of jumping puzzle, tag up, and post your lfg.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:They're not breaking any rules, though. It's allowed.

...yes, obviously.

That's the point of me asking Anet to, y'know, making it not as such.

Its funny though, they do not allow items to be sold or traded in the lfg. But hey raids are alright!

Raids arent items.

But Ectos are.

If raids can be sold then so should any other game mode. So if a 4man pvp wanna sell their service while 1 sits afk let them. It's no different than a 8man raid selling to 2 afkers. "Well pvp is for prestige magnus." That's what they said about raid armor and we all know that isn't true at all. As long as someone else does not play for them I think it should be done.

no need to filter since there is mostly not even a scrollbar in the raid lfg. happens rarley...like friday or smt.would understand filter options if there where 150 groups posting at the same time. but honestly...with 10 to 15 lfg's up, or even less?...just make your lfg window bigger tbh.

@Alchofas.8243 said:Does this mean I can also advertise myself in the LFG as a open world helper? Also PVP, Since i am just selling my service and nothing more.

Sure just dont pull an abjured and do it for Real money when it comes to PvP. Additionally be fully willing to suffer the consequences of violating the ToS when it comes to matchmaking manipulation.

@Riku.4821 said:Wasn't selling dungeon wings not allowed? I can't remember, but if that's the case, why is fractals or raids allowed?

Selling dungeons was/is allowed. There is even a post from Gaile Gray about using the LFG to sell spots in your group for completing instanced content. I have linked it below:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/349/looking-for-group-lfg-tool#latest

TL:DR - So long as you are using the LFG for the formation of a group to complete content, they have no issues with people selling the spots in their groups and posting those openings on the LFG.

@Fatalyz.7168 said:

@Riku.4821 said:Wasn't selling dungeon wings not allowed? I can't remember, but if that's the case, why is fractals or raids allowed?

Selling dungeons was/is allowed. There is even a post from Gaile Gray about using the LFG to sell spots in your group for completing instanced content. I have linked it below:

TL:DR - So long as you are using the LFG for the formation of a group to complete content, they have no issues with people selling the spots in their groups and posting those openings on the LFG.

Ah okay. I guess their policy was remade. I remember people getting temporary bans back in the day for selling dungeons. (I'm talking years ago around LFG beta and before it was out).

@Riku.4821 said:

@Fatalyz.7168 said:

Ah okay. I guess their policy was remade. I remember people getting temporary bans back in the day for selling dungeons. (I'm talking years ago around LFG beta and before it was out).

I don't remember bans for people, I do remember that it was highly controversial. I can't remember when Gaile made that original announcement (would have to go to old forums, I'm too lazy), but I do know that it was well before HoT was even known.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Just to be clear, I'm not asking for people to be banned or anything like that.

Just more options in LFG to filter stuff out.

I'm going to recommend you rephrase your suggestion then. Getting a topic filter is a completely different conversation than 'cracking down' on bad raid sellers.

@Riku.4821 said:

@Fatalyz.7168 said:

People were banned for selling broken paths, skipping bosses, breaking out of the map etc.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Just to be clear, I'm not asking for people to be banned or anything like that.

Just more options in LFG to filter stuff out.

I'm going to recommend you rephrase your suggestion then. Getting a topic filter is a completely different conversation than 'cracking down' on bad raid sellers.

Only if you only go by the title and not actually read the contents of the opening post.

@Rennie.6750 said:90% of the "LFG" groups are people selling raids. They should just remove that option IMO, it just promotes selfishness when they could take some noob and teach. :)

No there are only like 3 people selling raids regularly their adds are just always up. Same add all the time. If u actually keep the lfg window open during primetime you will see dozens of raid lfgs come through that are not selling

@Riku.4821 said:

@Fatalyz.7168 said:

What you remember is likely the people selling AC, where they had bugged it so they only needed to kill the endboss. And was able to do it from underground. The bans was not realy for selling, but for bugging the dungeon.

Archived