Anet, please crack down on people selling raids.

Oglaf.1074

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Wintermute.5408 said:

@Alchofas.8243 said:Does this mean I can also advertise myself in the LFG as a open world helper? Also PVP, Since i am just selling my service and nothing more.

And why not exactly? People create "need help" groups all the time, why not another way around?

Because the need help groups have their own separate tab in case you haven't checked. PLAYERS HELPING PLAYERS.

I don't see how asking for a filter is all that unreasonable. Having to sort through a bunch of shitty sell posts to get to what's of actual interest to you gets old.

@Fatalyz.7168 said:

@Riku.4821 said:Wasn't selling dungeon wings not allowed? I can't remember, but if that's the case, why is fractals or raids allowed?

Selling dungeons was/is allowed. There is even a post from Gaile Gray about using the LFG to sell spots in your group for completing instanced content. I have linked it below:

TL:DR - So long as you are using the LFG for the formation of a group to complete content, they have no issues with people selling the spots in their groups and posting those openings on the LFG.

I thought there was an anet response similar to that with some sort of time limit on the forming of the group.

Lets be honest, none of them are selling a slot that instant, there are just 5 alt accounts sitting on lfg permanently afk with a shortened URL to where you have no idea where they may actually send you.

@Haishao.6851 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:Why not? Raid are hard endgame content that many people do not have the time to commit to or are simply too unskilled to play.

If it's hard end game content, then don't you think it's wrong that people should be should allowed to Pay2Win their way though it? Admit it,if Anet sold raid wins in the Gem store you all would lose your minds and cry P2W to the ends of the earth, but somehow paying other people to carry you to a win is somehow fine and dandy. Loving the Irony.

I don't consider it P2W and really don't care if people buy raid clear.I wouldn't lose my mind and cry P2W either if anet somehow sold raid clear in the gemstore. How would it even be P2W when you can just go farm gold and buy it?

I find it admirable of you that you would have no issues if Anet just sold a raid completion.. let me ask you another question.. what if they sold Legendary Armor in the gem store?

@Oglaf.1074 said:... did you actually mean to quote me or someone else? Because I don't really see what I said relates to what you said.

I think you were just one of the people involved, however loosely.. in the exchange, and that is just the way the quotes showed up. I quoted Haishao, as it were. i believe it is fixed now

@STIHL.2489 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:Why not? Raid are hard endgame content that many people do not have the time to commit to or are simply too unskilled to play.

If it's hard end game content, then don't you think it's wrong that people should be should allowed to Pay2Win their way though it? Admit it,if Anet sold raid wins in the Gem store you all would lose your minds and cry P2W to the ends of the earth, but somehow paying other people to carry you to a win is somehow fine and dandy. Loving the Irony.

I don't consider it P2W and really don't care if people buy raid clear.I wouldn't lose my mind and cry P2W either if anet somehow sold raid clear in the gemstore. How would it even be P2W when you can just go farm gold and buy it?

I find it admirable of you that you would have no issues if Anet just sold a raid completion.. let me ask you another question.. what if they sold Legendary Armor in the gem store?

I would most likely buy one if they had better look.That said, I don't see why you compare selling raid path to selling legendary armor. Selling service and selling product are two different things.When people buy raid clear, someone else has to complete it. Then the person who paid receive LI and they have to craft every pieces of precursor before they can craft every pieces of legendary.

I have made peace with raids since the rise of the legendary armor in other game modes and have no problem with anet making more of them for those interested in them.

But the argument of the prestige of having completed a raid already sounded ridiculous to me after some people made it with less than 10 prople or in inferior armor. But when it is on farm already as now, every prestige went out of the window in full swing and a legendary armor is only slightly more prestigeous than a legendary weapon at this point. I already promoted that opinion on the old forum with the appearance of the first raid.

The only viable reasons left to raid are fun with friends, greedy selling and personal honor.

@Haishao.6851 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

I would most likely buy one if they had better look.That said, I don't see why you compare selling raid path to selling legendary armor. Selling service and selling product are two different things.When people buy raid clear, someone else has to complete it. Then the person who paid receive LI and they have to craft every pieces of precursor before they can craft every pieces of legendary.

Admirable that you would have no issues with buying Legendary Armor from the gem shop.

@bacon.9461 said:

@Fatalyz.7168 said:

@Riku.4821 said:Wasn't selling dungeon wings not allowed? I can't remember, but if that's the case, why is fractals or raids allowed?

Selling dungeons was/is allowed. There is even a post from Gaile Gray about using the LFG to sell spots in your group for completing instanced content. I have linked it below:

TL:DR - So long as you are using the LFG for the formation of a group to complete content, they have no issues with people selling the spots in their groups and posting those openings on the LFG.

I thought there was an anet response similar to that with some sort of time limit on the forming of the group.

Lets be honest, none of them are selling a slot that instant, there are just 5 alt accounts sitting on lfg permanently afk with a shortened URL to where you have no idea where they may actually send you.

If there was, it should be clarified in the post that I linked. If there isn't anything referencing that in the post I linked (iirc, there isn't), then it would be safe to assume that there are no limits on the time it can stay up. It can, after all, take time to fill a group.

As the post that I linked, is stickied on these forums, it's a pretty safe bet that those are the current and acceptable operating policies, for those that want to use LFG to sell clears.

@Ohoni.6057 said:If it's possible to sell raids, then clearly ANet have done something wrong with the content balance in the first place. There should be no market interested in buying raids.

As an adult with a job, partner and child to look after, I am the market for these sellers. I don't have time to commit to a raid, can barely commit to a PvP match without my child or partner needing me for a minute or 5 minutes every 20 minutes or so....

I would buy Legendary Armor from the Gem store if it was an option but it's not, the only ones catering to players like myself is the player base.

@Shard.4791 said:

@Matt Cole.2680 said:I could see filters being beneficial. As long as there is demand there will be supply, I like to think that people are paying for the privelege/fun to participate in a raid with top tier players they normally wouldn't have the opportunity to raid with, I mean mesmers sell ports. I don't necessarily see a problem with selling raids, but I do see OPs point that filters would be useful.

I believe most sellers ask the players die on the start of boss fights so that they won't mess up mechanics and ruin the runs so there's very little participating going on and lots of spinning death camera instead.

IMO it's good that people have means to make money by playing hard content in this game and selling the runs. However it gets old to see the same lfgs up and blocking stuff. I'd hide them if I could and also the french and german ones. If I recall correctly EU raid lfgs window is scrollable from time to time.

As for raid prestigiousness we can see ANet thinks Super Adventure Box hard mode rewards are really prestigious since we can't sell those anymore. Raids - nah.

Yeah definitely, I think it's what the buyer thinks is worth it, like me personally I'd wanna participate if I were to pay, but that's just me personally, I def get what yur sayin.

I was randomly thinking about it, kinda reminds me of when people bought runs to LA in gw1 or runs through certain missions or farming trolls. I like what you said about giving opportunity to make money off your skill. I wish I was good enough to sell raids lol, or was somehow able to organize a group(I have friends but idk I feel like it'd be hard to sell a raid, especially some of the stuff that's offered.

With all that said yeah I think filters would def be great and I think people have brought up some pretty legit ideas.

Archived