Impossible Tutorial Achievements

Eddy.7051

I doubt they were all that worried about veteran players when designing achievements to teach brand new players the absolute basics of the game.

But you only need to complete 10 of the tutorial achievements to get the meta-achievement, and there are 16 in total, so you can skip those two, plus 4 others and still get it. All you'll miss out on are the rewards from those specific achievements - an armour booster and a level 10 weapon, both of which are fairly useless.

• Like 2

@Danikat.8537 said:I doubt they were all that worried about veteran players when designing achievements to teach brand new players the absolute basics of the game.

But you only need to complete 10 of the tutorial achievements to get the meta-achievement, and there are 16 in total, so you can skip those two, plus 4 others and still get it. All you'll miss out on are the rewards from those specific achievements - an armour booster and a level 10 weapon, both of which are fairly useless.

This was helpful, I didn't realize that. I'm getting dangerously close to 10 and the boot box hasn't dropped yet. Now that I know I just need 10, it would seem I'll actually get the meta when I hit level 10.

Edit: Although, that 'Beginner Experience' one is worth 10 points. :/

I've always kept a spare character slot in addition to my permanent characters for...not quite things like this, but just in case. I don't always use it (right now it's empty) and I couldn't necessarily tell you what I might want to do with it other than occasional key runners, but that's pretty much the point - I don't know what I might want to do so I like to have the option. Sometimes it's replaying a low level storyline, sometimes it's checking out changes to the level up process, seeing what happens if you go into a high level area on a low level character...sometimes it's just trying out a character concept or theme I don't already have. (For example I recently tried remaking my GW1 dervish as a revenant, didn't really work, but at least now I know.)

I keep at least 80 levels worth of tomes/scrolls for the same reason - in case I want to do something which requires a higher level character. Not that its difficult to save them up, right now I have enough for 2 level 80s and 3 level 50s.

I appreciate it would be annoying if you just want to complete these achievements and don't want to buy a character slot just for that, but for me it's been well worth buying extras, I'm sure I've gotten my moneys worth from them even if they're not full all the time.

Ok so i made a new toon today, Got it to lvl 10 and most other achevos are complete in the new Tutorial Mastery, I went to the Chef Master to start the Chef discipline,Talked with the chef start the chef discipline and it wouldnt give me ( Interest in Food) achevo, what am i doing wrong.

@Tryna.1963 said:Ok so i made a new toon today, Got it to lvl 10 and most other achevos are complete in the new Tutorial Mastery, I went to the Chef Master to start the Chef discipline,Talked with the chef start the chef discipline and it wouldnt give me ( Interest in Food) achevo, what am i doing wrong.

Did you try crafting something? Just a guess.

@Tryna.1963 said:Ok so i made a new toon today, Got it to lvl 10 and most other achevos are complete in the new Tutorial Mastery, I went to the Chef Master to start the Chef discipline,Talked with the chef start the chef discipline and it wouldnt give me ( Interest in Food) achevo, what am i doing wrong.

Have the same issue. Did everything I can think of. Assume its just bugged for some people.

Tried picking up Chef on an existing 80 character that didn't have it learned. Tried on a brand new character I made today and did all the other achievevments on (think it was level 52). Tried on main, who is 500 chef, by switching to another and then back to cooking. Tried crafting on all on them just in case, but nada.

Lindsay Murdock posted in a Reddit thread, saying it should give credit just by switching out of chef and then back on any character.

EDIT: Just noticed in that same thread an update. A trainer in the starting zone gives different credit compared to city trainers because of the 500 cooking quests. So trying the starter zone trainers to unlock cooking (it worked for me going to the Queensdale hub with the trainers).

@Katreyn.4218 said:

Have the same issue. Did everything I can think of. Assume its just bugged for some people.

Tried picking up Chef on an existing 80 character that didn't have it learned. Tried on a brand new character I made today and did all the other achievevments on (think it was level 52). Tried on main, who is 500 chef, by switching to another and then back to cooking. Tried crafting on all on them just in case, but nada.

Lindsay Murdock posted in a Reddit thread, saying it should give credit just by switching out of chef and then back on any character.

EDIT: Just noticed in that same thread an update. A trainer in the starting zone gives different credit compared to city trainers because of the 500 cooking quests. So trying the starter zone trainers to unlock cooking (it worked for me going to the Queensdale hub with the trainers).

Yeah. The only way to complete that achievement is by the trainers in the starter zones. The ones in the cities don't count.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Did you try crafting something? Just a guess.

yes sir i crafted 3 items

@Katreyn.4218 said:

ok ill try in starter zone Thanks

I'm not gonna touch this achievement until further patch(es) because having to delete a character with already progressed story and/or far more items in inventory than my bank could hold (or worse, spread these well-organized items — materials to make legendary weapons — into multiple characters) just to get whatever the reward is, no, tyvm.

@"Tryna.1963" said:Ok so i made a new toon today, Got it to lvl 10 and most other achevos are complete in the new Tutorial Mastery, I went to the Chef Master to start the Chef discipline,Talked with the chef start the chef discipline and it wouldnt give me ( Interest in Food) achevo, what am i doing wrong.

I have the same problem - everything else done except "Interest in Food"... submitted a ticket this morning.

@"Jorgas.9713" said:I have 70 out of 70 char slots, am I forced to delete one of my fully leveled/made chars to do this achievement? lol. I really wish devs would ask themselves "what are the possible consequences of this achievement" Because they just add things without thinking.

I'm the first to jump in with "did the devs not think this through" type of comment, but at the same time, how many accounts do you think are running around with 70/70 character slots filled with LV80 characters? It is very likely they did think it all the way through, and might have concluded that these achievements are meant for newer players, and they will risk annoying the 4 or 5 players who are currently playing that match the description of your account.

Same issue with me. Learned Chef on newly made character, made a few items and got to level 27 in cooking, created a level 5 food, ate it and GOT NO CREDIT for anything in the Tutorial section of achievements regarding cooking.

I am surprised to see so many people saying "just don't worry about it" "the achievement isn't for you" and stuff like that about the problem with these achievements.

I have seventeen characters, they are all level 80 and I have done some map completion on all of them since that's a thing I do in my free time. So I can't get the level ten or the dodging achievements. This is a pretty annoying oversight.I should not be denied something just because I did it seventeen times over before new people joining the game. That is ridiculous.

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:I am surprised to see so many people saying "just don't worry about it" "the achievement isn't for you" and stuff like that about the problem with these achievements.

I have seventeen characters, they are all level 80 and I have done some map completion on all of them since that's a thing I do in my free time. So I can't get the level ten or the dodging achievements. This is a pretty annoying oversight.I should not be denied something just because I did it seventeen times over before new people joining the game. That is ridiculous.

You should be able to get the dodging one as I did pretty much all of the achievements in a level 80 except for the one to reach level 10. The character hadn’t done the dodge tutorial before if that matters.