Walk up to a teamfight

Razor.6392

Necro isn't even aware I'm there, he's not targeting me or attacking me. However I get stacks of bleeding, crippled, 6 stacks of torment and 4 of burning, forcing me to retreat and blow a condi clear.

Let that sink in. Necro, randomly placing stuff around the point can passively force people to retreat due to their condi burst of 3k+ dps. Not even planned or a strategic decision, they corrupt stuff and inflict conditions just because.

This is not good design, guys. Can we drop the training wheels and properly balance classes for pvp? Where does "skill" fall into the top priority design choices in this game? :(

@Razor.6392 said:Necro isn't even aware I'm there, he's not targeting me or attacking me. However I get stacks of bleeding, crippled, 6 stacks of torment and 4 of burning, forcing me to retreat and blow a condi clear.

Scourge needs looking at but how do you know what the player was or wasn't aware of? When most of your abilities are ground targeted AoEs and the rest affect enemies other than your target, not targeting a particular enemy doesn't mean much.

@thrdeye.1028 said:

@Razor.6392 said:Necro isn't even aware I'm there, he's not targeting me or attacking me. However I get stacks of bleeding, crippled, 6 stacks of torment and 4 of burning, forcing me to retreat and blow a condi clear.

Scourge needs looking at but how do you know what the player was or wasn't aware of? When most of your abilities are ground targeted AoEs and the rest affect enemies other than your target, not targeting a particular enemy doesn't mean much.

i would say that is a large part of the problem. Fighting a scourge doesn't feel like fighting a another human, it feels like fighting a raid boss that just throws out red circles all over the ground. You never really feel like they are focusing on fighting you, they just do their thing and enemies die around them.

Let that sink in. Necro, randomly placing stuff around the point can passively force people to retreat due to their condi burst of 3k+ dps. Not even planned or a strategic decision, they corrupt stuff and inflict conditions just because.

This is not good design, guys. Can we drop the training wheels and properly balance classes for pvp? Where does "skill" fall into the top priority design choices in this game? :(

You can always attack from range, they have little defence or range to combat you, seems like a pretty hard counter to me. Don't get me wrong, I think they need toning down but it's not like they are not counterable.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@thrdeye.1028 said:

i would say that is a large part of the problem. Fighting a scourge doesn't feel like fighting a another human, it feels like fighting a raid boss that just throws out red circles all over the ground. You never really feel like they are focusing on fighting you, they just do their thing and enemies die around them.

=) =) =) =) =) =) =) you cracked me up

Well i might agree with you

Archived