Maybe add % total health damage to the game?

In MOBAS one of the jobs of the ADC is to whittle down supports through % damage attacks.

For example, adding something like 3% of their total health in damage onto ranger shortbow attacks could be a way to keep bunkers in the game whilst adding some counterplay. Any underused, non-meta weapons with medium to high attack speed could have this introduced.

Buffing poison traits like Refined Toxins to reduce healing by 50% instead of 33% could also be helpful in dealing with a bunker meta.

Again super biased toward your main class, aren't we?Why rangers instead of light classes like for example ele? They're the squishiest class in the game based on stats solely.I hope you're aware, that the thing you're proposing won't just affect bunkers, but ALL classes, which is ridiculous idea.Rangers STILL need nerfs to sustain and damage and here you are propising powercreep update, are you serious?Instead of proposing how to tune down properly powercreeped bunker builds you're asking to add more powercreep to the game? What the?Can you guys start thinking about consequences of your ideas for the WHOLE game, not just your beloved main?Stop creating more problems for no reason...

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:Again super biased toward your main class, aren't we?Why rangers instead of light classes like for example ele? They're the squishiest class in the game based on stats solely.I hope you're aware, that the thing you're proposing won't just affect bunkers, but ALL classes, which is ridiculous idea.Rangers STILL need nerfs to sustain and damage and here you are propising powercreep update, are you serious?Instead of proposing how to tune down properly powercreeped bunker builds you're asking to add more powercreep to the game? What the?Can you guys start thinking about consequences of your ideas for the WHOLE game, not just your beloved main?Stop creating more problems for no reason...

I was just using ranger as an example. I think giving a 100% healing reduction for 3s to Basilisk Venom on thief would be fine too.

2nd, ADCs are usually archers/gunslingers.

3rd, bunker builds are fine in MOBAS because % health damage is supposed to counter them. % health damage becomes less effective than direct damage when fighting non-bunker builds. If you can't do the math, 3% of 20,000 HP = 600 health taken per shot on top of whatever the actual attack itself hits for. It's supposed to add consistency against builds that stack high amounts of damage reduction. And, to be honest, 3% is probably way too low considering healing is more prevalent in this game than others. Against squishier builds, let's say with 16,000 HP, 3% is 480 damage per shot. Against these builds, it would be more effective to just straight up build for power damage.

But oh wait you'd rather jump to conclusions than actually comprehend what I wrote.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"TrollingDemigod.3041" said:Again super biased toward your main class, aren't we?Why rangers instead of light classes like for example ele? They're the squishiest class in the game based on stats solely.I hope you're aware, that the thing you're proposing won't just affect bunkers, but ALL classes, which is ridiculous idea.Rangers STILL need nerfs to sustain and damage and here you are propising powercreep update, are you serious?Instead of proposing how to tune down properly powercreeped bunker builds you're asking to add more powercreep to the game? What the?Can you guys start thinking about consequences of your ideas for the WHOLE game, not just your beloved main?Stop creating more problems for no reason...

I said "for example." I think giving a 100% healing reduction for 3s to Basilisk Venom on thief would be fine too.

Learn to read dude

Oh no no, I'm pretty sure you want these changes for your class and you just added "for example" to make it look like you actually care about others.One way or another, these changes are just another "let's add powercreep to counter powercreep", bad idea as usual.If you want to fix problem with bunkers, think of a way to nerf them properly, stop answering powercreep with more powercreep, we'll end in the same way after PoF and HoT release.That change to BV would fix nothing aswell, Thieves would just focus other targets than the bunkers themselves and on top of that it would punish even more non-bunker classes, meaning counter-productive change.

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:Again super biased toward your main class, aren't we?Why rangers instead of light classes like for example ele? They're the squishiest class in the game based on stats solely.I hope you're aware, that the thing you're proposing won't just affect bunkers, but ALL classes, which is ridiculous idea.Rangers STILL need nerfs to sustain and damage and here you are propising powercreep update, are you serious?Instead of proposing how to tune down properly powercreeped bunker builds you're asking to add more powercreep to the game? What the?Can you guys start thinking about consequences of your ideas for the WHOLE game, not just your beloved main?Stop creating more problems for no reason...

I said "for example." I think giving a 100% healing reduction for 3s to Basilisk Venom on thief would be fine too.

Learn to read dude

Oh no no, I'm pretty sure you want these changes for your class and you just added "for example" to make it look like you actually care about others.One way or another, these changes are just another "let's add powercreep to counter powercreep", bad idea as usual.If you want to fix problem with bunkers, think of a way to nerf them properly, stop answering powercreep with more powercreep, we'll end in the same way after PoF and HoT release.That change to BV would fix nothing aswell, Thieves would just focus other targets than the bunkers themselves and on top of that it would punish even more non-bunker classes, meaning counter-productive change.

Sure, so you can keep putting words in my mouth and arguing with yourself if you want. Or, you could be intelligent and respond to what I actually wrote instead.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Learn to read dude

Sure, so you can keep putting words in my mouth and arguing with yourself if you want. Or, you could be intelligent and respond to what I
actually
wrote instead.

Which part of: "Your ideas are to add powercreep to counter powercreep, which aren't healthy in the long run for the game itself" you don't understand?Fix the root of the problem, don't try to add more band-aids to break game even more. Seriously.If you want to deal with bunkers, think of a way to nerf them properly, stop asking for buffs everywhere, it won't do any good for the rest of game...

The entire mechanic would be completely broken in pve where bosses are expected to be able to sponge hits from many players for a decent amount of time. Of course you can make certain enemies immune to such affects but in the end such a mechanic doesn't work in a game where even trash mob enemies scale health with the number of players around. And no anet won't add it as a pvp only mechanic they don't do that to try to keep some similarity between game modes. The concept just potentially breaks too many things to be worth adding.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:11k mauls and 15k WI is also pretty good to kill people with :)

You can get these numbers in PvP consistently against players like Toker/Zeromis for example? Or Sindrener in EU? Players with actual brains I mean.

My guess is if you could then ranger would be in the top meta

Oh wait...... :(

An interesting idea, but it seems a little...niche? Not all bunkers are going to have massive chunks of health. This might just impact necros the most even if they're not on a bunker build.

Take scrapper - it was considered a bunker build in some cases before and after -vit debuff. It's not exactly a blob of health like you might expect.

Another one is weaver, which healed up a lot and evaded, but wasn't exactly a beast in the health department.

I am, however, definitely all for Anet expanding non-damage-oriented methods of killing your opponent, like a trait that increases the -heal on poison. A 'totally negates the opponent's next heal' would be interesting as long as it didn't count the regen boon/had a min amount.

Also wish anet hadn't nerfed warr's barrier-damage trait so hard. They could definitely expand that, too, like adding a trait that makes you deal bonus damage and then some to targets with protection - as long as proper opportunity cost is implemented, of course.

@shadowpass.4236 said:In MOBAS one of the jobs of the ADC is to whittle down supports through % damage attacks.

For example, adding something like 3% of their total health in damage onto ranger shortbow attacks could be a way to keep bunkers in the game whilst adding some counterplay. Any underused, non-meta weapons with medium to high attack speed could have this introduced.

Buffing poison traits like Refined Toxins to reduce healing by 50% instead of 33% could also be helpful in dealing with a bunker meta.

as a guy that played mobas for 10 years.% max HP damage is HORRIBLE design, its abused by tanks to fuck over everyone.

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:11k mauls and 15k WI is also pretty good to kill people with :)

You can get these numbers in PvP consistently against players like Toker/Zeromis for example? Or Sindrener in EU? Players with actual brains I mean.

My guess is if you could then ranger would be in the top meta

Oh wait...... :(

Is anyone that's actually a good player ever going to run core paladin necromancer?

It’s funny becuz back when this game had damage the closest role to adc of lol was necromancer filling a for the more part dps role with generally low mobility/utility and sometimes followed by support. This role for a bit could even be filled as a “bruiser adc” (reaper) around the same time as the meta cake to that in lol!Now we are seeing full bunker 1v1 necros. Hopefully lol will find some way to accommodate us in making full bunker adcs for now