Straight up not having a good time.

Anyone else just straight up not having a good time with this current meta? The slower dmg with no nerfs to movement speed pretty much made some classes have enough sustain to never be singled out, even in a 1v1. A lot of the maps are too small to accommodate the change. Conquest against competent teams has pretty much boiled down to mini zergs where essentially everyone is sticking together, and even if you are able to 1v1 a side noder the fight will take wayy too long to where the whole group will eventually be coming to get you.

Plus there are few builds that aren't in line with the damage nerf and can put out sick damage while having crazy sustain/tankiness.

You guys essentially nerfed the time to kill and slowed one certain pace of the game while still ignoring the other factors that influenced combat speeds and encounters.

Maybe I should just play Guard, Rev, Necro, or Ranger.

Maybe it is my fault for not going for the flavor of the month.

Give Public Test Servers.

@Kickpuncher.8109 said:Anyone else just straight up not having a good time with this current meta? The slower dmg with no nerfs to movement speed pretty much made some classes have enough sustain to never be singled out, even in a 1v1. A lot of the maps are too small to accommodate the change. Conquest against competent teams has pretty much boiled down to mini zergs where essentially everyone is sticking together, and even if you are able to 1v1 a side noder the fight will take wayy too long to where the whole group will eventually be coming to get you.

Plus there are few builds that aren't in line with the damage nerf and can put out sick damage while having crazy sustain/tankiness.

You guys essentially nerfed the time to kill and slowed one certain pace of the game while still ignoring the other factors that influenced combat speeds and encounters.

Maybe I should just play Guard, Rev, Necro, or Ranger.

Maybe it is my fault for not going for the flavor of the month.

Give Public Test Servers.

You could try playing weaver they seem pretty solid i saw a guy playing tempest there are tons of viable classes it seems.

Necros aren't super fast, especially reaper, they are just have a lot of heavy sustain and they pull you in with those claw things that chill you, giving you a advantage in you being slowed down in order to catch up to you.

Guard from what i heard isn't known for being ultra fast either, and when i fought them, they mostly seemed to focus on being tanky and beefy like necros, except heavy emphasis on things like prot and block.

Revenants can be fast, but they focus a lot on big aoes.

Just play what you want and have fun.

I have icon of tempest but i play other classes.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:Core Mesmer is severely under powered now. If history is any guide... it's likely to remain so for years.

You couldn’t be more wrong.

How so?

Historically, Mesmer has experienced short bursts of being "good" interspersed with long periods of being underpowered. Some of those periods have been years long.

Played with condihealing stats dh traps and trapper rune... felt really idiotic, could get hp maxed whenever i wanted and bailed and could make quite some hard burns on targets just pure back and forward troll build.

Trapper rune is something that needs to be revised.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

@Ithilwen.1529 said:Core Mesmer is severely under powered now. If history is any guide... it's likely to remain so for years.

You couldn’t be more wrong.

How so?

Historically, Mesmer has experienced short bursts of being "good" interspersed with long periods of being underpowered. Some of those periods have been years long.

Considering Core Mes is arguably in a better state than any of its e-spec counter parts, right now... yea you’re way off.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:Core Mesmer is severely under powered now. If history is any guide... it's likely to remain so for years.

Core mes is actually one of the stronger variants now, compared to chrono and Mirage. Burst power Mes still exists and while its burst isnt as instant as before, it can still delete a full hp bar. They are just as brittle as before though, so with decent play you can beat them.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:Considering Core Mes is arguably in a better state than any of its e-spec counter parts, right now... yea you’re way off.

He's right.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Core mes is actually one of the stronger variants now, compared to chrono and Mirage. Burst power Mes still exists and while its burst isnt as instant as before, it can still delete a full hp bar. They are just as brittle as before though, so with decent play you can beat them.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:Considering Core Mes is arguably in a better state than any of its e-spec counter parts, right now... yea you’re way off.

He's right.

Core mes may be in better shape than its gutted e-specs, but is that really saying much?

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

He's right.

Core mes may be in better shape than its gutted e-specs, but is that really saying much?

I have seen very effective mirage and core mes builds since the patch. Chrono I have seen fairly tanky variants, but nothing yet that seems to have really threatening damage. Their CC, however, is quite potent. I think there might be something there, but they probably just need a little more damage.

If we're being honest, there are probably more glaring issues to address before addressing core mes. It seems likely they will continue to trim classes that require it, and as a consequence, bring them more in line with classes which are considered closer to balanced.

In any event, it hasn't even been two weeks. Give them a little time to make adjustments. If they go HAM nerfing and buffing too aggressively, they'll probably just mess things up even worse. So far, they've done some trimming on some of the most complained-about classes. And they did it quickly. If they keep trimming every week, they should gradually improve the meta without giving the usual sense that they're just throwing darts at a board with a blindfold on.

But that's just my opinion.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

He's right.

Core Mesmer may be in better shape than it's e-specs... but it's still weak in the overall scheme.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

He's right.

Core Mesmer may be in better shape than it's e-specs... but it's still weak in the overall scheme.

You’re semi right this time. It’s not so much the spec itself, rather it’s underwhelming utility options that hinder it. Thieves get Smoke Screen, awesome power signet, shadowstep. mesmer gets decoy, signet of midnight, blink.