CONDITION DAMAGE remains to be STRONG!!!

After balance patch power damage was heavily nerf, but an issue remains with condition damage. Nerfing condition CLEANSE, adding higher cooldown to activate skill has left conditions to be strong still. Condition damage needs to be nerf in regards to damage because stacks are applied heavily at all times and with the lack of resistance and nerfs to condi cleanse most of these stacks will stick. Many players are currently playing condition damage because its Meta on mesmer, revenant, Necro, Guard, Weaver etc. Please bring back diversity and balance the game fairly.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

@Axl.8924 said:Lets not forget herald too which goes full condi.

I dare you to play Condi Rev and then come complain about it. I know I tried it, gave up 30 duels in and relegated it to a clunky mess of a spec.

even herald? herald was quite strong with burns.

Maybe its over nerfed i du nno but before that i was seeing some chunky bursts on me from condi heralds.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:Lets not forget herald too which goes full condi.

I dare you to play Condi Rev and then come complain about it. I know I tried it, gave up 30 duels in and relegated it to a clunky mess of a spec.

even herald? herald was quite strong with burns.

Maybe its over nerfed i du nno but before that i was seeing some chunky bursts on me from condi heralds.

You try it yourself, tell me how many of those chunky bursts you can land reliably. Condi transfers are the only reliable thing in that build.

I definitely agree that while power damage has decreased from this patch in regards to meta builds, condition spam can still deal the same damage. It was never the condition duration via expertise stat that killed us in pvp. It is mainly the stack intensity. If I get 5-15 stacks of poison or fire, I can still downstate within 2-5 seconds without cleanse. If I can clear the conditions, those skills that do cleanse are on cooldown while I get condition stacked again.

Using a pvp amulet like Power-Vitality-Condition Dmg is still hefty to fight against because of the stack intensity. Viper stat amulet wasn't the solution in removal to lead towards a tone down for condi meta builds.

I thought it would be helpful if they change the damage multiplier for condition damage the same as they did for Power based attacks. I think lowering the base multiplier from 2.2 to 2 would be a start. Then take the 22 damage per stack down to 15 per stack. It would be the same base on the equations they used in other areas.

Handful of things to point out here:

1. Of course the condi is going to proportionately feel strong after power damage was nerfed.
  2. The 2v2 ranked season is featuring small enclosed maps that encourage slow mobility stay in-combat bruiser play, which makes it easy for every close to mid range condi bomb that exists in this game, to hit you.
  3. I am not noticing any condi dominance in 5v5 conquest. It's good, but it's certainly not worth creating a thread and complaining over.
  4. Before this patch, only Condi Mirage and FB were pumping out condi damage. Now you have FB, Malyx, Necros. Only three classes are playing with meta condis. 6 of the other classes are now better with power damage.
  5. Actually, I notice that many possible forming metas are actually playing with a mixture of power/condi hybrid builds, which is actually refreshing to see.
  6. Have you ever noticed what a Rune Of Resistance does?

@"Lordrosicky.5813" said:IF they nerf condi damage they also need to nerf all condi clear across the board.

Condition Damage is not the same as Condition application.

Burning right now scales ridiculously with Condition Damage stat.Each stack of Burning can deal on average 300~500 damage, which translates to around 3000~5000 damage on a quick stacking Guardian who can nail these stacks extremely fast.

Nerfing the damage scaling is the only option here, because it does so much damage so fast.

It is also applied so frequently that even if condi cleanse is being buffed right now, it can't keep up with how fast it stacks.(The most infamous being Guardian's Scepter 3 + 2 combo and dropping a few Spirit weapons on the target while they are immob)

Say if someone wants to "wait out the stacks" and then cleanse it : they can't, it deals so much damage that if yu wait any longer yur healthbar just implodes.

Condi mesmer necro and fb imo are the only reason condi is strong. They can poop out an obnoxious amount of condis in a short duration. Condi cleanse cant keep up in team fights when they are involved. 1v1 condi isnt terrible. Team fights it's an obv better choice esp with you just spam aoe and cc ppl for 3 or more seconds while you sit in condis