Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Looking Ahead to Spring, Summer, and the Future


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine...imagine, if it's NOT Cantha, but we are going to the Dominion of Winds instead. The Tengu would live in asian-styled homes since they lived in Cantha once before, so...

Oh, if that happens and people scream, I will be ready to drink all the tears.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kanok.3027 said:Imagine...imagine, if it's NOT Cantha, but we are going to the Dominion of Winds instead. The Tengu would live in asian-styled homes since they lived in Cantha once before, so...

Oh, if that happens and people scream, I will be ready to drink all the tears.

Slow down Devil :DOne way or another, looking forward to this place :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I guess that answers the on-going questions of "Are we ever going back to Cantha? Is Anet even allowed to include Cantha after DR's Canthan District was pulled?"

I have to admit I'd prefer somewhere new. I've been finding myself very curious about the lands east of Ascalon since PoF came out and the world map was expanded - the in-game one doesn't show much but the image on the Wiki shows a lot of land in that direction. But it will be interesting to see what Cantha is like now. Also maybe this means we'll get pandas back as ranger pets and Robert Smith can make a triumphant return to chasing people around PvP. (Yes I called my panda Robert Smith, and yes it was hilarious to see people running from a killer panda.)

And, with most of the areas from GW1 back in GW2 it becomes almost certain that we will get to go somewhere new in future.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Danikat.8537" said:Well, I guess that answers the on-going questions of "Are we ever going back to Cantha? Is Anet even allowed to include Cantha after DR's Canthan District was pulled?"

I have to admit I'd prefer somewhere new. I've been finding myself very curious about the lands east of Ascalon since PoF came out and the world map was expanded - the in-game one doesn't show much but the image on the Wiki shows a lot of land in that direction. But it will be interesting to see what Cantha is like now. Also maybe this means we'll get pandas back as ranger pets and Robert Smith can make a triumphant return to chasing people around PvP. (Yes I called my panda Robert Smith, and yes it was hilarious to see people running from a killer panda.)

And, with most of the areas from GW1 back in GW2 it becomes almost certain that we will get to go somewhere new in future.

Robert Smith from The Cure?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Endless Soul.5178 said:Overall, I'm 99.8% happy with this new development. However, I still would rather see someplace new.

What about Maguuma Wastes, Ring of Fire Islands, Deldrimor Front, Blood Legion Homelands, Far Shiverpeaks, and now Woodland Cascades? Just because an expo is going to a familar place doesn't mean we haven't visited lots of new places.

Though I will say we stayed in Elona way too long due to LS4. I'd like them to not do the same with Cantha.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Blude.6812" said:This "The episode’s environment will focus on capturing and defending territories in a PvE map, using objectives similar to WvW to drive enemies back, defeat familiar foes, and maximize the potential for rewards.So, Verdant Brink Night Meta? That was very popular.

Also, yay, Cantha... I must say that i didn't expect that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@"Endless Soul.5178" said:Overall, I'm 99.8% happy with this new development. However, I still would rather see someplace new.

What hasn't been new about Maguuma Wastes, Ring of Fire Islands, Deldrimor Front, Blood Legion Homelands, and now Woodland Cascades? Just because an expansion is going to a familar place doesn't mean we haven't visited lots of new places.

That's entirely true and a valid point. But I was meaning more of one of the other continents, someplace we haven't been to before, not even in Guild Wars 1 like all those places you mentioned.

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm glad (99.8%) that we're getting new maps and such. It's the small (0.02%) of me that's still wondering "What's on the other side of Tyria?" Hopefully we'll find out someday before my health gives out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Blude.6812" said:This "The episode’s environment will focus on capturing and defending territories in a PvE map, using objectives similar to WvW to drive enemies back, defeat familiar foes, and maximize the potential for rewards.So, Verdant Brink Night Meta? That was very popular.

Also, yay, Cantha... I must say that i didn't expect that.

Verdant Brink is one of the best maps in the game.

Also, heck of a job, guys! You're on fire these days. And you are keeping up the communication!

Credit where it's due!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:Well, I guess that answers the on-going questions of "Are we ever going back to Cantha? Is Anet even allowed to include Cantha after DR's Canthan District was pulled?"

I have to admit I'd prefer somewhere new. I've been finding myself very curious about the lands east of Ascalon since PoF came out and the world map was expanded - the in-game one doesn't show much but the image on the Wiki shows a lot of land in that direction. But it will be interesting to see what Cantha is like now. Also maybe this means we'll get pandas back as ranger pets and Robert Smith can make a triumphant return to chasing people around PvP. (Yes I called my panda Robert Smith, and yes it was hilarious to see people running from a killer panda.)

And, with most of the areas from GW1 back in GW2 it becomes almost certain that we will get to go somewhere new in future.

Robert Smith from The Cure?

Of course. Who else would I name a panda after? :D

(Incidentally the answer to that is Diandian, after two fictional children from the movie Aftershock.)

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Endless Soul.5178 said:Overall, I'm 99.8% happy with this new development. However, I still would rather see someplace new.

What about Maguuma Wastes, Ring of Fire Islands, Deldrimor Front, Blood Legion Homelands, Far Shiverpeaks, and now Woodland Cascades? Just because an expo is going to a familar place doesn't mean we haven't visited lots of new places.

Though I will say we stayed in Elona way too long due to LS4. I'd like them to not do the same with Cantha.

All of those places were in GW1 as well, so they're not entirely new which is what I suspect @Endless Soul.5178 was thinking of.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...