make unranked king of the hill

it already is in all but name. conquest isn't fun anymore.

editchanged it from team deathmatch to king of the hill. activate one node for 100 points, then when one team scores that the next node activates. this is how it was in global agenda and it was the best pvp experience I've ever had. you could activate the node closer to the losing side to help prevent snowballing. example: team a loses mid. their home node activates, they win, mid activates, they win, far activates etc.

The only problem is when u combine gw2 combat and this games players mentality and affinity for bandwagoning the games most brain dead specs what u will be left with wouldn't be fun dynamic team DM that utilizes the maps potential but instead a fight that stays in one small area of the map and would be nothing more than candi and cc spamming and reward. Its literally all each team would do, stay together and fight the other group in a blob of condi&cc lol so fun

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:The only problem is when u combine gw2 combat and this games players mentality and affinity for bandwagoning the games most brain dead specs what u will be left with wouldn't be fun dynamic team DM that utilizes the maps potential but instead a fight that stays in one small area of the map and would be nothing more than candi and cc spamming and reward. Its literally all each team would do, stay together and fight the other group in a blob of condi&cc lol so fun

its unranked. there wouldn't be a bunch of randoms syncing builds and whatnot. I've been in countless great team fights that lasted for a while. this is the only reason I play this game and I think a lot of people feel the same.

Lol ranked or unranked random or non random means little cuz either way most players would roll condi spam aoe high sustain classes. The fight would just end up as mini zergs like in wvw. It be a clown fiesta blob of aoe condi span/ boon spam. All players on both teams would end up meeting in one spot and spam. They definitely wouldn't split op and fight all around the map utilizing it lol

Lol ranked or unranked random or non random means little cuz either way most players would roll condi spam aoe high sustain classes. The fight would just end up as mini zergs like in wvw. It be a clown fiesta blob of aoe condi span/ boon spam. All players on both teams would end up meeting in one spot and spam. They definitely wouldn't split op and fight all around the map utilizing it lol

I remember deathmatch and it felt like a bad and skillless WvW, you just went as a zerg and that team who had a better zerg comp won the fight. It wasn't about skill or strategy at all. Not that much fun tbh. There would be better modes like Southsun Survival but as a real pvp game imo.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Lol ranked or unranked random or non random means little cuz either way most players would roll condi spam aoe high sustain classes. The fight would just end up as mini zergs like in wvw. It be a clown fiesta blob of aoe condi span/ boon spam. All players on both teams would end up meeting in one spot and spam. They definitely wouldn't split op and fight all around the map utilizing it lol

you're worried about condi? i'm guessing you don't wvw much. hard hitting power aoe is way more of a threat. I don't see how it would be so different from what we have now, like I've said I've been in tons of team fights post patch and most of them lasted a while and were tons of fun.

@"Serenity.6304" said:I remember deathmatch and it felt like a bad and skillless WvW, you just went as a zerg and that team who had a better zerg comp won the fight. It wasn't about skill or strategy at all. Not that much fun tbh. There would be better modes like Southsun Survival but as a real pvp game imo.

that was 10v10 and it failed cuz there were no rounds. 5v5 is way more manageable and it wouldn't turn into a "zerg fest".

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Lol ranked or unranked random or non random means little cuz either way most players would roll condi spam aoe high sustain classes. The fight would just end up as mini zergs like in wvw. It be a clown fiesta blob of aoe condi span/ boon spam. All players on both teams would end up meeting in one spot and spam. They definitely wouldn't split op and fight all around the map utilizing it lol

you're worried about condi? i'm guessing you don't wvw much. hard hitting power aoe is way more of a threat. I don't see how it would be so different from what we have now, like I've said I've been in tons of team fights post patch and most of them lasted a while and were tons of fun.

I hear u and ur not wrong but power aoe blobs spamming power aoe's are no better lol. I'm not a fan of capture and hold modes either but the difference is because of that mechanic teams are often separated and fights occur off nodes either thru chase or when players are purposefully travelling to a point. Without the nodes a team fight in one spot spamming power or condi aoe's for the win would literally all the mode would end up being.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I hear u and ur not wrong but power aoe blobs spamming power aoe's are no better lol. I'm not a fan of capture and hold modes either but the difference is because of that mechanic teams are often separated and fights occur off nodes either thru chase or when players are purposefully travelling to a point. Without the nodes a team fight in one spot spamming power or condi aoe's for the win would literally all the mode would end up being.

aoes are generally weaker then single target skills and have gotten weaker with the balance patch. nothing dies if the only thing that is being used is aoe. play unranked to find that out.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I hear u and ur not wrong but power aoe blobs spamming power aoe's are no better lol. I'm not a fan of capture and hold modes either but the difference is because of that mechanic teams are often separated and fights occur off nodes either thru chase or when players are purposefully travelling to a point. Without the nodes a team fight in one spot spamming power or condi aoe's for the win would literally all the mode would end up being.

aoes are generally weaker then single target skills and have gotten weaker with the balance patch. nothing dies if the only thing that is being used is aoe. play unranked to find that out.

The aoe's may be weaker then single target but that still won't change the fact that people will spam power, condo and cc aoe's all in one big group fight similar to a small scale zerg, I'd guess most people couldn't even identify what's happening with all the visual mess from the spamming lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:The aoe's may be weaker then single target but that still won't change the fact that people will spam power, condo and cc aoe's all in one big group fight similar to a small scale zerg, I'd guess most people couldn't even identify what's happening with all the visual mess from the spamming lol

play unranked its not as bad as you claim.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:The aoe's may be weaker then single target but that still won't change the fact that people will spam power, condo and cc aoe's all in one big group fight similar to a small scale zerg, I'd guess most people couldn't even identify what's happening with all the visual mess from the spamming lol

play unranked its not as bad as you claim.

I do play unranked and it's so....so bad lol but not cuz the issues of current topic but other reasons lol. In unranked players are still mostly separating to rotate nodes somewhat lol so ull find combat all over the map still.... fight on points damnit lol.without nodes the team would zerg each other and as me.bers does they'd respawn and be line to group fight, if teammates died they'd wait to regroup and repeat as no one in team deathmatch is gonna jump in a map severely outnumbered when the other team is spawn camping ur area. Actually I take it back the fight would move, it would move to losing teams spawn lolLarger maps by say double or so and 25 vs 25 may result in some of side scrimmages lol.

Unfortunately king of the hill just forces players to blob the set area again everyone would group together. TDM are fun in shooters etc cuz players arnt really buffing each other or have and reason to always stick together like a mmo. Sure they could and some do but there's always players just running around where as in gw2 once a player or 2 died they'd wait for rest of the team to avoid facing a outnumbered still resulting in nothing more than zerg play/builds.The mode needs a reason for players to split up to allow for engagements all over the map imo.

@"Serenity.6304" said:I remember deathmatch and it felt like a bad and skillless WvW, you just went as a zerg and that team who had a better zerg comp won the fight. It wasn't about skill or strategy at all. Not that much fun tbh. There would be better modes like Southsun Survival but as a real pvp game imo.

that was 10v10 and it failed cuz there were no rounds. 5v5 is way more manageable and it wouldn't turn into a "zerg fest".

Oh, my bad. Yeah I agree, with 5 vs 5 this would look different :)

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Unfortunately king of the hill just forces players to blob the set area again everyone would group together. TDM are fun in shooters etc cuz players arnt really buffing each other or have and reason to always stick together like a mmo. Sure they could and some do but there's always players just running around where as in gw2 once a player or 2 died they'd wait for rest of the team to avoid facing a outnumbered still resulting in nothing more than zerg play/builds.The mode needs a reason for players to split up to allow for engagements all over the map imo.

dood lol stop with the blob and zerg characterizations. its 5v5. yes certain builds would be preferred over others, but every class would have representation so theres no reason to complain about this. it would be different from conquest, that's the point. there are a few scenarios that would play out:

1 - a team wipes, maybe 2 escape. 90% of the time the opposing team would chase them into spawn and either: kill them, get killed by respawns, or get stealth capped by leaving only 1 person to cap node.2 - team that wins camps node and waits for enemy team to regroup. maybe unranked bots don't wait for allies and feed kills. this would still push the enemy off the node so they can get the kill, where a teef or someone can kill the capper. anyways if the node resets every 100 points and goes closer to the losing side then it would be very possible to come back from a first mid point wipe.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Yeah team wipe two escape they chase them towards span cuz their running towards help and then spawn camping ensues lol. And itl be 5vs5 team fights using same tactics no? Team aoe boons, burns,corrupts and condis from the main offenders of these just like in zergs. U thi k 5v5 would be different?

you're repeating yourself and not considering what I wrote. if you think it wouldn't work then that's fine its possible, but I think it would.