Legendary amulet requirements

Jthug.9506

I am absolutely fine with the requirements. Finally casual and/or pve players have a reason to tryhard in ranked after years of ez pip farming and ATs won't be any different besides more contesting low rated pug teams.

Edit: I am pretty sure the number 20 refers to 20 won matches in daily/monthly ATs.

@GewRoo.4172 said:I am absolutely fine with the requirements. Finally casual and/or pve players have a reason to tryhard in ranked after years of ez pip farming and ATs won't be any different besides more contesting low rated pug teams.

Inb4 PvEers start complaining that they have to dip their toe into PvP to get the only legendary amulet anet cave to them.

@Ovark.2514 said:

@GewRoo.4172 said:I am absolutely fine with the requirements. Finally casual and/or pve players have a reason to tryhard in ranked after years of ez pip farming and ATs won't be any different besides more contesting low rated pug teams.

Inb4 PvEers start complaining that they have to dip their toe into PvP to get the only legendary amulet anet cave to them.

There's toe dipping like kill 100 guys in WvW 2 hour or 120 wins even at 120-0 is 14 hours minimum then range win a tourney match 20 times which run every 3 hours but hey no one should point it out that the diff is vast

@"Jthug.9506" said:Word in mists general chat was 120 ranked wins and 20 tournament wins are needed...

Thoughts?

WvW I see it well, ask for time and some skill level (or join a zerg) to get them.PvP seems to me like shit, I do not have enough time to cover 120 WON games in one season, something better would be like "it goes up to gold 3 seasons", something that does not pressure you in time and at the same time ask you for a certain level Skill as WvWAs a retired hardcore raider, I think at least the raids weren't pressuring you to do "clear w1 to w4 on a day without deads", but well, it's just my opinion.

@Nekromalistik.7045 said:

@"Jthug.9506" said:Word in mists general chat was 120 ranked wins and 20 tournament wins are needed...

Thoughts?

WvW I see it well, ask for time and some skill level (or join a zerg) to get them.PvP seems to me like kitten, I do not have enough time to cover 120 WON games in one season, something better would be like "it goes up to gold 3 seasons", something that does not pressure you in time and at the same time ask you for a certain level Skill as WvWAs a retired hardcore raider, I think at least the raids weren't pressuring you to do "clear w1 to w4 on a day without deads", but well, it's just my opinion.

True, winning a 120 games a season without just spamming matches seems hard. For most ppl this means at least 240 ranked matches.

@SilentSam.1589 said:The requirements to obtain the ring and the amulet are more than adequate for anyone that truly wants them.

No, they're not.With the current PvP population it's already hard to find more 4 people to start tournaments and willing to wait for the next couple of hours after it's started.WvW requirements are balanced (maybe 1000 kills would be more appropriate with 100 objectives), PvP ones are insane.

@GewRoo.4172 said:

Thoughts?

WvW I see it well, ask for time and some skill level (or join a zerg) to get them.PvP seems to me like kitten, I do not have enough time to cover 120 WON games in one season, something better would be like "it goes up to gold 3 seasons", something that does not pressure you in time and at the same time ask you for a certain level Skill as WvWAs a retired hardcore raider, I think at least the raids weren't pressuring you to do "clear w1 to w4 on a day without deads", but well, it's just my opinion.

True, winning a 120 games a season without just spamming matches seems hard. For most ppl this means at least 240 ranked matches.

I think you can do that in several seasons, if you do 5 games per day, it's about 1-2 hours, you do 150 games per month, a season goes normaly 2 month.

For us useless scrubs / keyboard-turners / mouse-clickers etc., who would probably be perma-stuck in Bronze 1, with a rating of 300 max if we were to do regular pvp, is it possible to get 120 ranked wins within a single season? (talking about the T1 legendary; god knows, 20 AT match wins would be absolutely impossible for me, so never going to consider the T2 legendary). I am not talking about grinding 4-12 hours per day. I have 1-6 hours per day, depending upon the day (average 2 or less I would guess) and lots of other in-game commitments ... PvE raids, WvW raids, dailies, etc.

Honest question; requesting honest (non-hostile) answers, please.

EDIT: Looking at the 2v2 season standings (in the EU servers), ending in 1 week, only 24 accounts in the top 250 have more than 120 wins, with a handful close enough to reach 120 in the next week. This means circa 10-15% of the PvP population in EU is able to meet the requirements for the T1 legendary (full season basis, not necessarily this season). Seems a bit restrictive in a cursory sense. Happy to see math to the contrary.

EDIT again: In NA, the numbers are even lower : 18 in the top 250.

@Adzekul.3104 said:For us useless scrubs / keyboard-turners / mouse-clickers etc., who would probably be perma-stuck in Bronze 1, with a rating of 300 max if we were to do regular pvp, is it possible to get 120 ranked wins within a single season? (talking about the T1 legendary; god knows, 20 AT match wins would be absolutely impossible for me, so never going to consider the T2 legendary). I am not talking about grinding 4-12 hours per day. I have 1-6 hours per day, depending upon the day (average 2 or less I would guess) and lots of other in-game commitments ... PvE raids, WvW raids, dailies, etc.

Honest question; requesting honest (non-hostile) answers, please.

EDIT: Looking at the 2v2 season standings (in the EU servers), ending in 1 week, only 24 accounts in the top 250 have more than 120 wins, with a handful close enough to reach 120 in the next week. This means circa 10-15% of the PvP population in EU is able to meet the requirements for the T1 legendary (full season basis, not necessarily this season). Seems a bit restrictive in a cursory sense. Happy to see math to the contrary.

EDIT again: In NA, the numbers are even lower : 18 in the top 250.

The 2v2 season is 4 weeks, the 5v5 season is double that. The requirements are fine.

I can say i easily no lifed(not hard when you are quarantined) and finished wvw ring both tiers on a crappy wvw server in about 14 hours.Honestly the pvp ring sounds obsessive because of the built in systems in place. Getting 120 wins gets annoying when the more you win, the longer your que will grow. Also because of mmr, the algorithm is going to force most players to take 240 games to finish the t1 requirement. To be honest, the 20 tournament win feel more doable than the 120 seqson wins.

The pvp community is already very small in the game at this time. And only a small fraction of that ever do ANY tournaments. Requiring 20 tournament wins, is absolutely absurd, and will do nothing to encourage anyone to do tournaments; simply because once they see how much of a hassle it is to win a single one, they will immediately give up on winning 20.

Remove the tournaments wins requirement already. It was a an unfortunate decision, and clearly shows disconnect between devs and the player population.

120 wins requirement is perfectly reasonable, I would even through in rank into that - smth like plat 1/gold 3 ---- However, 20 AT wins is just kitten insane. Bugged tournaments, that have a very low player base ---- once again confirms that anet has no idea about pvp. My guess would be, that 'that one pvp guy in the back' has left the company too :#

Guys it’s not that crazy to obtain for a legendary trinket. 20 tournament wins not that hard, maybe get one win per tournament. Do two a day maybe 3. Get it in a week, if yah grinding hard, and you have time in between to do alll the other things. And keep in mind it’s open bracket or what ever it is called. Ull also be facing your other fellow pve farmers in pvp for the tournament as well. 120 rank wins can be obtained in a reasonable amount of time as well. Now that there are mini ranked seasons like the 2v2, there will always be a rank season available 24/7. To be frank this is prolly the easier legendary trinket to get. In my mind this seems a bit to little effort for the legendary trinket. Pvp might seem scary but play with the thought in mind to get better. Stop demanding easy farms. Lets get dem shiny balls yo. Just ask advice to someone u find nice. You can ask me just find hamtits.8297 aka tastelikeham.

@hamtits.8297 said:Guys it’s not that crazy to obtain for a legendary trinket. 20 tournament wins not that hard, maybe get one win per tournament. Do two a day maybe 3. Get it in a week, if yah grinding hard, and you have time in between to do alll the other things. And keep in mind it’s open bracket or what ever it is called. Ull also be facing your other fellow pve farmers in pvp for the tournament as well. 120 rank wins can be obtained in a reasonable amount of time as well. Now that there are mini ranked seasons like the 2v2, there will always be a rank season available 24/7. To be frank this is prolly the easier legendary trinket to get. In my mind this seems a bit to little effort for the legendary trinket. Pvp might seem scary but play with the thought in mind to get better. Stop demanding easy farms. Lets get dem shiny balls yo. Just ask advice to someone u find nice. You can ask me just find hamtits.8297 aka tastelikeham.

No one is asking for easy farms here, and I doubt most comments come from PVE players. At least not for me - as a regular ranked pvp player plat 1-2 max I find this requirement of 20 Tournament wins unrealistic and over the top ----because of these things:

1. Small pvp population
  2. Hard time finding an actual team who wouldn't qq after 1 loss (No - joining a guild isn't an solution, and also there are very few of pvp oriented guilds )
  3. Bugged tournament system overall

And now look at WvW ---- I'm not a WvW veteran - just a silver nobody, and getting the new legi ring is a breeze compared to pvp.

How is it ok really ? All the time there is 3-4 plat teams premade, and then all in pg teams that if you join will rq after first loss. Asking on map for pvp guilds is futile also since 100% reply is "no one does tournaments its crap". I can provide you with screens of last 3 days replies and RQ teams. How is that ok and its game , so how is that any fun ?