Returning To the Game

Vavrin.4785

@Naidarim.9263 said:I haven't played hardcore since pre-HoT, I barely played HoT and I would love to return for PoF. Should I finish what HoT has to offer or should I jump right into PoF?

Absolutely 100% Recommend finishing HoT before PoF.Not only it is a great Story that is directly connected to PoF, it has also a wide variety of features to try out especially Metas and important Masteries like Gliding.There is so much more to HoT and it would be real shame to miss out on that.

@Naidarim.9263 said:I haven't played hardcore since pre-HoT, I barely played HoT and I would love to return for PoF. Should I finish what HoT has to offer or should I jump right into PoF?

If you are into the lore I would complete HoT first, otherwise I would do PoF first and then go back to HoT.

I would never even touch HoT maps with long stick. Play proper xpansion, the PoF, and stay away from that failed experiment HoT was and still is.

While PoF maps are better, to be sure, HoT ain't that bad (except for Tangled Depths. That map suuuuucks ).

I'll add my voice to the "Absolutely 100% do Heart of Thorns story, and Living World Season 3, before doing Path of Fire story."

Also, at least right now, a lot of folks are doing hero point runs through the Heart of Thorns maps because people know exactly where they are and how to do them; so if you have a new level 80, or even a level 80 who hasn't gotten all of the HoT hero points, you can join a squad and do a fast hero point run through HoT to unlock and fill out the new PoF elite specs.

If you don't really care about story, or already have enough hero points to unlock the new elite specs, then by all means, head straight to the Crystal Desert.

(Also, as an aside, unlocking Living World Season 3 is probably worth it; it's absolutely worth it if you're interested in the story. There's pretty much a new zone for each chapter, and they're all pretty good. They all also have a zone-specific resource that you can use to buy Ascended-quality trinkets with selectable stats, which is quite nice.)

Archived