Thanks for the improvements in WvW and stay healthy

Dracarti.3041

I just want to say thank you. Two patches in a row we get great things for WvW. The balance patch feels good. "The Guildrider Warclaw Skin Reward Track" and "The legendary ring Conflux" bring new players to WvW and old players come back in part. It's really good if you take care of WvW. Thanks a lot for this. Stay healthy and greetings from Germany.

The game feels way better than before the patch - but its still only 7/10 balance.Nowadays i run into30% condition necros ( alle three of them )30 % (fire) guards20% thief ( unkillable because of too much movements )20% other classes (some unkillable weaver, some scrapper/holos, some spellbreakers, some unkillable ranger, very few mirages. )

To survive this heavy conditions meta - i'm forced to run way more condition cleanse than i ever had.

I wish Anet would bring a patch that nerf all conditions by 20-33% in WvW and reduce some of the defensive stats.

Stay healthy and greetings from Germany :-)

@bluberblasen.9684 said:The game feels way better than before the patch - but its still only 7/10 balance.Nowadays i run into30% condition necros ( alle three of them )30 % (fire) guards20% thief ( unkillable because of too much movements )20% other classes (some unkillable weaver, some scrapper/holos, some spellbreakers, some unkillable ranger, very few mirages. )

To survive this heavy conditions meta - i'm forced to run way more condition cleanse than i ever had.

I wish Anet would bring a patch that nerf all conditions by 20-33% in WvW and reduce some of the defensive stats.

Stay healthy and greetings from Germany :-)So going by those numbers and the fact that a large percentage of the necros and guards will be running power dh+reaper, you're saying that roughly 50% running power isnt balance?

The game is much worse now than it was pre-patch. Overall skill ceiling is lower, bad gameplay does not get punished as much. Roaming is on its last legs, what's left are mostly condi bunker builds and the odd guy trying to make his build still work.Any remaining traces of competitive play that were there pre-patch are now gone from WvW.

While some of you praise Anet for adding "balance" and "new content" to the game mode, I can't help but feel sorry for the vast majority that wants REAL content in WvW.A mount skin, reward track and a ring is not "content" we need or deserve.

The push to please casuals who bring nothing to WvW outside of being a number for a few hours a week has pushed this game mode to its deathbed and left its competitiveness as a mere memory of times passed.

You might think "Hey stop the doom and gloom" and I won't argue with that, this is a negative post. But answer me this: What is the direction and vision of WvW for the future?No one knows, and it looks like, not even Anet knows anymore either. It's been 7 and a half years and we're still only left with "it has potential to be amazing", while most of the changes made to WvW were NOT what the community wanted.

To me, the WvW I knew and loved is long gone. And this "balance" patch was the last nail in its coffin.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@bluberblasen.9684 said:The game feels way better than before the patch - but its still only 7/10 balance.Nowadays i run into30% condition necros ( alle three of them )30 % (fire) guards20% thief ( unkillable because of too much movements )20% other classes (some unkillable weaver, some scrapper/holos, some spellbreakers, some unkillable ranger, very few mirages. )

Stay healthy and greetings from Germany :-)So going by those numbers and the fact that a large percentage of the necros and guards will be running power dh+reaper, you're saying that roughly 50% running power isnt balance?

when you think that 10/10 balance means 50 % condi and 50 % power than the answer is -> Yes ^^

like i said for me the balance is a 7/10 ( for an mmo not bad )

with small changes we could reach a good 8.5/10

I wont say its straight up worse, but its...different for sure.

Many duels last for ages, many specs are boosted in tankines into oblivions (endless necro hp etc.), teef that now is low risk, high reward class because things cant oneshot it anymore, condi, condi everywhere, and some other boring kitties. Not gonna lie, was fun first week or two, but now its boring. Before patch I was engaging on all fight-worthy ppl, no matter what class they played. Now class comes first, because half of the duels are either draw or last for ages, till some1 makes mistake out of boredom/tiredness/whatever.But I still hope that ANet manages somehow to provide decent balance and makes things interesting once again. Well, not for ele, because they shown many times that they have no idea what to do with this class, but for all others yeah, I hope so!