What am I, as LB/Staff Druid without PoF, supposed to do against SB/Scourge?

Iskandor.9415

I allegedly counter them, but beyond the gas cloud of "you're not touching this point" for Scourges and the permanent uptime on no damage ever for Spellbreakers, plus the fact that I can't outheal anything anymore...

What am I supposed to do, advice-wise? Yes I know Scourge/Spellbreaker are currently busted at my low-end of play Eschew staff/the druid line completely at this point? It only feels good for the root on condition-struck foes at this point, and the second I go to LB/SB and a condi mix, I start to run into the problem of Deadshots one-shotting me and the never-ending-knockdown of Dragonhunters. Maybe bunker down in ye-olde-spirit-build?

Running boons at all is a risky proposition because of Scourge's prevalence. Halp.

Druids can stalemate Spellbreaker through kiting and pet shenanigans. Against scourge you have to stay on LB as long as possible and try to range cheese them. One weakness scourge has is most of them really only gain stability from Trail of Anguish which also happens to be one of the few scourge skills with an obvious animation. So you may be able to reliably cheese scourges with point blank shot.

There is little point in being a bunker anymore, as you can't bunker against either of those classes, and boons hurt more than they help.The best defense is offense. Do the following:

Change Nature Magic for MarkmanshipEquip Preadator's onslaughtEquip Sigil of opportunity and Sigil of separation on staff*Consider maybe changing Menders amulet for berserker (depends on if you are going to be pressured)Equip scholar or infiltration runes.

Stay at range and rely on staff damage. Don't use longbow, guardians and SB bring to much reflect/block. LB damage is sub-par without lightning and blood Sigils.

Soulbeast is weak and ineffective, so you are not missing anything without the expansion. Hopefully they'll improve LB synergy and damage scaling and it will be worthwhile.

@Archon.6480 said:There is little point in being a bunker anymore, as you can't bunker against either of those classes, and boons hurt more than they help.The best defense is offense. Do the following:

Change Nature Magic for MarkmanshipEquip Preadator's onslaughtEquip Sigil of opportunity and Sigil of separation on staff*Consider maybe changing Menders amulet for berserker (depends on if you are going to be pressured)Equip scholar or infiltration runes.

Stay at range and rely on staff damage. Don't use longbow, guardians and SB bring to much reflect/block. LB damage is sub-par without lightning and blood Sigils.

Soulbeast is weak and ineffective, so you are not missing anything without the expansion. Hopefully they'll improve LB synergy and damage scaling and it will be worthwhile.

I was thinking the same thing. Though I thought it was a personal L2P issue with myself. I'm actually morbidly glad other players feel the same way. I was just starting to think it was a me issue.

But yeah with how much easier and powerful other classes was. It was easy for me to put down my Soulbeast.

nature 3 1 2 beast 3 3 1 druid 1 1 3 menders soldiers longbow separation agility staff separation annulment smokescale lightning wyveryn we heal as one signet of stone signet of renewal protect me strength of the pack

My character name is "Do I Spam A Or B", I have top 100 title playing only druid.

Bring condi clear and pew pew from a distance, scourge are vulnerable between points and when they first get to a point because they cannot move their shades. use staff to ancestral grace to the other side of a point where they dont have condi aoes build up and kite them, swap back to longbow to knockback and dump arrows into them. you are a persistence fighter aka a reset machine so just know with your healing with this build you can outlast them. condi clear on shouts, ca activation, signet of renewal, and dodging.

Also use the map line of sights and no ports as I believe scourge needs line of sight for many of their spells. Longbow knocking them off skyhammer really turns a game around. Even if you concede the point you can knock them off it and root them from a distance so no one is capping.

Honestly, the answer to Scourge is simple: ranged Power damage destroys them. Don't try to contest the point while fighting a Scourge, just ignore it and go after the Scourge himself. It's not difficult to kill them in this way.

Then you can capture the point, but you need to move to intercept the slow Scourge between points regardless. If you keep fighting the Scourge between points, there's not much they can accomplish.

Remember to play around Last Gasp and their Life Force.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Last_Gasp

Scourge relies on Life Force for both offense and defense. At the start of the match and after dying they'll have 0 LF.

During the first fight on cap, when you focus them Spectral Armor will proc, giving break stun, protection, and 5% Life Force on hit (40% total). Which will let them spam their shade skills for a 8k barrier and a condition (dmg + fear) bomb around them and their shade.

You have to anticipate this, survive the Condition bomb, and finish the Scourge off at this point - he'll have 0 LF and no Last Gasp at that point.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:Honestly, the answer to Scourge is simple: ranged Power damage destroys them. Don't try to contest the point while fighting a Scourge, just ignore it and go after the Scourge himself. It's not difficult to kill them in this way.

Then you can capture the point, but you need to move to intercept the slow Scourge between points regardless. If you keep fighting the Scourge between points, there's not much they can accomplish.

It's not possible on some points though; sometimes, they can throw their AoEs onto the point then hide behind obstructions such that it's difficult to get at them without going through their AoEs and/or teammates.

Personal skill being equal, at worst you should be able to stalemate using ranged, kiting and your pet. If they go obstructed, your pet should be on them. It's much easier against Scourge than Spellbreaker imo. Obviously have your stowe weapon hotkey in a good spot fighting a Spellbreaker to not pop FC when it pops on them, and deny them their adrenal health regen by not getting hit by any burst skills and that's a big start.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:

@Razor.6392 said:Press 1-2 from range and let your pet do work. Druids have arguably even less thought behind their gameplay so you should be good to go.

Ranger was made for players who can't attain higher skill floors.

Why do you say that?

Me and my family get together to play GW2 at my house 2-3 times a month. Can get up to 7 people but generally 3-5 range. Just all around great times doing PvP, WvW, and some light open world PvE (usually later after a multitude of beverages)

Now one of the best parts is my nephew gets to play and has an absolute blast. He's got downs syndrome and the only class he can actually play and have any success with is ranger. We've tried to get him on other classes like Warrior, Necro, and even guard but he can't get the results that he can get with ranger. He contributes to the group and his manic laughter when stomping ppl makes it all worth while.

That answer your question?

@Jinks.2057 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:

@Razor.6392 said:Press 1-2 from range and let your pet do work. Druids have arguably even less thought behind their gameplay so you should be good to go.

Why do you say that?

Me and my family get together to play GW2 at my house 2-3 times a month. Can get up to 7 people but generally 3-5 range. Just all around great times doing PvP, WvW, and some light open world PvE (usually later after a multitude of beverages)

Now one of the best parts is my nephew gets to play and has an absolute blast. He's got downs syndrome and the only class he can actually play and have any success with is ranger. We've tried to get him on other classes like Warrior, Necro, and even guard but he can't get the results that he can get with ranger. He contributes to the group and his manic laughter when stomping ppl makes it all worth while.

So, your point is if you play as a Ranger and fight newbies who don't know how to defend themselves is really easy to play, yes, it is. You explod a lot of damage and BOOM, they're down. I kill some people without them even making a move: knockback, entangle, burst dmg, GS, leap, interrupt, burst dmg, and if they're still alive another pet interrupt and they're down for sure. But if you're playing ranked on silver+ things don't work like this.In fact i think it's easier to play as a Guardian or a Necro, a lot more sustain and possibilities to wait for an error from your opponent.So, please, stop with this bullshit of "if you play as ranger its just lb4 -> lb2 pew pew, win". If you think this is how it works you need to play this class a little more.

@Pvt Frosty.6973 said:Scourge in a 1v1 is manageable, spellbreaker is not, do not even try

Not true. When I was trying out SB many rangers would stalemate me. I actually find ranger a hit/miss class for me, so they annoy me the most. SB is actually weak potato if you outplay FC and apply condi. Yeah NH has massive condi cleanse but its doable.

But what do I know. I only tried soulbeast for 10 min so far.

@Jinks.2057 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:

Why do you say that?

No, it doesn't. Even if it wasn't a troll post, it's anecdotal at best.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:

Why do you say that?

No, it doesn't. Even if it wasn't a troll post, it's anecdotal at best.

denial is the 1st stage

Archived