Scourge PVE

Ganntak.6532

@Ganntak.6532 said:Only had a brief go on the Scourge when one of the skills was still locked but great fun. What do you think will be the best gear for PVE? I dont do Fractals or Raid and if its anything like HoT the mobs will be overtuned to start and Beserkers might not be the best for me.

If you want some defensive stats, you should look at Trailblazer's, which gives you toughness and more vit to go with your condi damage. If you're ok with less defense, you should go with Viper's. You'll likely see some folks here say Seraphs - a good choice for a full support scourge, or Grievers - which will deal a lot of damage but have poorer condi's. The truth is people will optimize after PoF comes out and we can test with it, and after we know all the new stats. For now, here are the pros and cons of what will probably be the most common recommendations

-Trailblazer--Pro - tanky as heck. You won't die. Still will deal good damage.--Con - Lower "burst". Your condis will do all your damage, so it'll take a bit more to kill mobs.

-Vipers--Pro - Highest damage likely. Shd skills deal ok power damage, so you'll kill trash mobs quickly.--Con - No vitality/toughness. You'll be able to use shd skills less.

-Seraphs--Pro - Super supporty. Will pump out a lot of might and barrier.--Con - Lower damage (same condi as trailblazer, no expertise to make them last longer)

-Grievers--Pro - High damage. Shd skills deal ok power damage, so you'll kill trash mobs quickly.--Con - No expertise means shorter durations on all your burn / torment. Bleed may still cap because of curses traits, but your durations will be lower for sure.

For open PvE I guess I'll go with mix of Viper+another combo stats to give me some vitality and healing power and possibly even some toughness. I wont point specific stats, because still don't know what new combination will be introduced with PoF. There are many combinations that can work perfectly.Same for Power spec. Zerk or even better the new Grieving + some vit/heal/toughness

@Ganntak.6532 said:Only had a brief go on the Scourge when one of the skills was still locked but great fun. What do you think will be the best gear for PVE? I dont do Fractals or Raid and if its anything like HoT the mobs will be overtuned to start and Beserkers might not be the best for me.

The best PvE Open World gear isn't something setted in stone, guardians will deal more damage with Berserker but many run Marauder for the increased vitality over the damage increase. If you can survive without defensive stats then go Berserker or Viper, maybe picking some defensive traits to increase your survivability.

Open World - Condition ScourgeThis is the build I'll run, high AoE damage, heals and might stacking with some Life Force generation.Remember that you can change your traits/skills, don't be afraid of test your own builds!

Archived