When do I meet the friendly players?

Murdock.6547

I've been learning the new classes in pvp, seeing how far I can get with in particular deadeye because.. frankly it's very enjoyable.And I've been getting an unreal amount of hate. From things such as "decap retard" to "wtf r u doing autist go to pve""go pve" is probably the most common one.

I know I'm not carrying the team with my godlike ability.. but I made it to plat so far so perhaps I'm not total garbage?Who knows man. Who cares, even? But the amount of raw angst and rage that is thrown at me is crazy. I didn't get this much hate or rage when I played core power wells necro in ranked up to plat 2 last season lmao.

But my question is... Does it get better? I would have thought past silver I'd see less afks and ragers.But here I am. Had a 2v5 because two people quit after losing mid (one tried to res through shade hate) I don't know when the third left.Does this nonsense stop? Or even slow down?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just ignore them bro, there has been some salt in pvp at the moment thanks to the release of new relatively unbalanced specs in the middle of a pvp season (Mainly spellbreaker, scourge and deadeye)You will find people like that in every game, even more so on the competitive side of games.Usually the ones that complain like that are not even worth your attention so just block and ignore them.There are also plenty of us who are friendly and willing to help

My advice is similar to that of Diswan; ignoring them is probably the best idea. PvP is my favourite game mode. It however hosts my least favourite player base (mind you, I've heard raids are pretty nasty too). The players are salty af naturally, and now that there's new elite specs and some would argue there's a severe need for balance patches, people are losing their freaking minds.

When I'm learning new specs or classes, I typically stay away from ranked, simply because I A) don't want to lose rank points and B) don't want the match dependent on my ability to play a whole new class, and don't want salty players whispering at me to kill myself. Entirely up to you though.

Mail me ingame sometime, I'd be happy to duo queue with ya :)

Does it get better? No

Does it stop? Nope. I feel it actually gets worse as you climb. People get very touchy about losing, like its a literal life or death issue for them. Too many forget that it's "just a game" (oh that dreaded phrase) and that they need to take a deep breath and chill. Yes, losing sucks. Its absolutely awful. But, it's not the end of the world. Like any competition, there are a number of factors outside our personal control that dictate a win or a loss. As my high school basketball coach once told me, all you can do is apply yourself as best you can. Note your mistakes and learn from them, but have fun doing so. Once you lose the 'fun' its nothing more than another chore that will eventually suck the life out of you and teach you to hate it.

Slow down? Depends on the time of day, at least it seems that way to me. I usually find decent people early mornings on weekends. Or during the day on weekdays when "children" are still sleeping or off to school.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:It gets worse and ignoring does nothing, because you are ignoring players who are actively pretending to ignore you.

All you can do is find people who are cool. Sometimes they ain't so good but at least they are fun and dont stress you.

Omar is one of those cool kids :kissing_wink:

Smooch you too

PvE may not be your thing, but you may want to try playing there. People are generally friendly and helpful. It also gives you a chance to try different things about the profession you play, and at your own pace.
The comments here are true, sadly. I barely enter PvP at all because it doesn't take long for the caustic comments to get to me - and become un-fun. I do enjoy WvW roaming and havoc groups. Sometimes a bit toxic there too, but I've met some great people there.

Remember there are poeple who don't play for fun, but to prove their superior skill in a video game to others. The amount of hate in PvP is sometimes truly amazing.You'll get a lot of hate even if you're good and there's nothing you can do about it. People are just weird - deal with it (or better block them)

@yLoon.5289 said:Welp, competition brings the worst in people, you only can bear with this toxicity, sadly. ;/

And the best in people too. Sportsmanship, comradory, admiration, respect and fair play are real things. Just not on the internet for some reason it seems.

As a seaman myself, things like this put a lump in my throat.http://www.petegoss.com/pages/journey-to-date/vendee-globe-1996/7/100Paragraph 3.

People rage in every pvp game,that is quite normal.Its the very concept that someone has to loose and someone has to win.There is no patern as to why it happens,i 've seen ragers in close matchups and seen relaxed folks in blowouts..People rage in unranked,also in ranked,in bronze and in platinum/legend.It comes down to individuals,just get used to it :).

You can see what kind of guy you with/against sometimes from very begining,mostly if you see a dude organizing from very begining,its a hint this guy will trash talk enemy or rage on own team,depeding on how the match goes :),put into block straight away in the very begining,or turn off chat alltogether.It helps me to enjoy the game at least.

Most of the time,it takes just one guy,while 9 others are fine,for you to have such feeling about pvp.Most ppl are friendly,really.Just tiny minority is annoying and if you care to block em nicely one by one,you get into situations that you wont have single one whine/rant match within week :)

@LanfearShadowflame.3189 said:People get very touchy about losing, like its a literal life or death issue for them. Too many forget that it's "just a game" (oh that dreaded phrase) and that they need to take a deep breath and chill. Yes, losing sucks. Its absolutely awful. But, it's not the end of the world.

They need to understand there is no such thing as bad experience. Sometimes you win and other times you learn. When people learn to let go they'll be happy.

@LanfearShadowflame.3189 said:Does it get better? No

Does it stop? Nope. I feel it actually gets worse as you climb. People get very touchy about losing, like its a literal life or death issue for them. Too many forget that it's "just a game" (oh that dreaded phrase) and that they need to take a deep breath and chill. Yes, losing sucks. Its absolutely awful. But, it's not the end of the world. Like any competition, there are a number of factors outside our personal control that dictate a win or a loss. As my high school basketball coach once told me, all you can do is apply yourself as best you can. Note your mistakes and learn from them, but have fun doing so. Once you lose the 'fun' its nothing more than another chore that will eventually suck the life out of you and teach you to hate it.

Slow down? Depends on the time of day, at least it seems that way to me. I usually find decent people early mornings on weekends. Or during the day on weekdays when "children" are still sleeping or off to school.

and when normal pple work huh? :D

anyway anyone who blocks someone for hatetelling is weak in my eyes I have never blocked or put on ignore list since I started to play mmos.......cuz Iam not scared rat :)

@Amityel.5324 said:

@LanfearShadowflame.3189 said:anyway anyone who blocks someone for hatetelling is weak in my eyes I have never blocked or put on ignore list since I started to play mmos.......cuz Iam not scared rat :)

Sometimes it's necessary to block. Anger is an expression of weakness that solves nothing and many get angry easily. I often get hate speech in PMs and many just keep the salt coming until you have to forcefully shut them up because you don't want to miss other things in chat.

Archived