When do I meet the friendly players?

Murdock.6547

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friendly players are non existent as far as I can tell. 4 years ago or so, I tried to be. But after so much kitten coming my way and so many hard hammerings... Well, I'm ashamed to admit that I now curse out players fairly regularly.

Balanced matches would help a lot, but I think that's a pipe dream.

@KaporHabakuk.6219 said:You can see what kind of guy you with/against sometimes from very begining,mostly if you see a dude organizing from very begining,its a hint this guy will trash talk enemy or rage on own team,depeding on how the match goes :),put into block straight away in the very begining,or turn off chat alltogether.It helps me to enjoy the game at least.

I'm not sure if I should start crying from laughing so hard at this or bleeding from my eyes.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Murdock.6547 said:"kill yourself you subhuman charr furry rp autist"

Honestly these sort if over the top comments crack me up. But at the same time, if i could find a team of cool people thatd be swell, as well.This thread isnt really someone crying for help or being passive agressive. This is genuine curiosity and wondering if i have to make a static or if i can expect to find cooldudes naturally.

Give me an add, we can do charr-teams; use either my handle or one of the below (send me a mail too so I know which handle to add from followers) :

Menat MistwraithDurendal MistwardValkyrie MistbladeZarrin MistcloakKossori Mistwalker

What you're doing right now helps you find cooldudes/coolgirls.Either option works, though the former works faster.And don't worry too much about the vitriol. Pvp is full of people that think they're better than they are, and they need to vent. Either that or their kittens haven't dropped yet.

if that offer is still up, mail me in game. I got a discord and we usually talk about fighting games, but occasionally it goes to gw2.this is also an open invitation. mail me, and convince me you're not a maniac and I'll send you a discord link. I like meeting cool people.

@Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Also, you learn on unranked. Learning on ranked matches is ruining everyone else's day. Please consider the people trying to move up in rank.

Why would you learn in unranked? You'd lose out on pips towards byzanthium chests :o

Lmao oh boy@Murdock.6547 Sounds good.

Most people just get mad when you double cap, triple stomp, constantly die or don't rotate properly. Focus on that and it'll take down most of the hate. For the people who are assholes, just block them. Whenever I see my teammates arguing in chat with no one I can see, it's someone I had already blocked. Lets me know those people are just permanently crazy in the head to have that much hate in them.

"When do I meet friendly players?"

When Anet bring back teamQ for ranked, and you can have actually fun playing with your friends, no matter if you lose or win. :)

Those glory days has passed now and won't come back. Those were the best days. When guilds had PvE teams, WvW teams and PvP teams. Some guilds had only PvP players, but still facing 5 top10 players with 4 of your gold division friends was fun rather than what it's now.

I became toxic and rude player in PvP once they removed teamQ. Has been duoing with couple friends before PoF, now they dont want to even consider playing PvP.

In soloQ I dont even care about other players.

ranked is only good to prof your own. You can ´t change the weakness of others but from yourself and cause the others don´t change much you get a good view about yourself. At least if you think you are good enouth, try yourself at the tourments. It´s has most time more quality, esp. if you want to win this. With luck you can face some well known players and if your like me: cry that you still don´t have a full team and didn´t train with them every day.

So at some points, ranked gives players nothing more then loot, but to reach that lvl you have to be a legendary rabbit..., i mean at the legendary division and you can stay there save. At this point you got a faaaaaaaaar bether alternative: go wvw! at best inform yourself about the servers and join one you know there are players that play well enouth to presure you in xv1 fights ;)

But now to the hate: there is one thing noone can balance and these are the players. It can´t change, cause there are just too much differences between much points that affects the game. Like knowledge, reactiontime, rl equip, mental and so on. So it will be everytime a disbalance even if we got the best game-designers of all time. What we can do as a comunity, is to minimize the disbalance, that helps to minimize the frustration at all.

Sometimes i think the "go back to pve" flamers are right. But it´s more cause some players have other wishes and motivations about the game, so to remember yourself why you like to play something like a special game mode (someone want to play more hotjoin, others unranked and so on). At all it´s like some of our comunities didn´t find theyr own place in the game and still seach it. So to minimize the frustration at all, means also to find some players you want to play with, create or join a guild with the same goal and ask yourself at your deeps (like if you flame others^^), if this is what you want.

For the game creators: they can help out to get the options or check the problematics. Like nerfing the berserks f-skills cause the plan was: that you hit max. 2 from 6 times that skill but at low and mid tiers you hit most time 5 to 6 times so you doubled or tripled the dmg at these ranks (btw. arenanet it´s faar easyer: if you hit, you get a higher cd (cause you allready have the high dmg!), if not you let the small cd cause we are berserkers that attack 5times more then every other class but hit maybe once, like it was all the time before)

As far as my experience goes PvP is the breeding ground of toxic elitists who act like the game is an office job. Even in the PvP lobby you get people insulting each other in the arena. They're usually the kind who would probably smash their keyboard up and then beg daddy for a new one, just ignore them. Anyone who uses autism as an insult is probably a kid and doesn't deserve any recognition.

@"xp eke xp.6724" said:ranked is only good to prof your own. You can ´t change the weakness of others but from yourself and cause the others don´t change much you get a good view about yourself. At least if you think you are good enouth, try yourself at the tourments. It´s has most time more quality, esp. if you want to win this. With luck you can face some well known players and if your like me: cry that you still don´t have a full team and didn´t train with them every day.

So at some points, ranked gives players nothing more then loot, but to reach that lvl you have to be a legendary rabbit..., i mean at the legendary division and you can stay there save. At this point you got a faaaaaaaaar bether alternative: go wvw! at best inform yourself about the servers and join one you know there are players that play well enouth to presure you in xv1 fights ;)

But now to the hate: there is one thing noone can balance and these are the players. It can´t change, cause there are just too much differences between much points that affects the game. Like knowledge, reactiontime, rl equip, mental and so on. So it will be everytime a disbalance even if we got the best game-designers of all time. What we can do as a comunity, is to minimize the disbalance, that helps to minimize the frustration at all.

Sometimes i think the "go back to pve" flamers are right. But it´s more cause some players have other wishes and motivations about the game, so to remember yourself why you like to play something like a special game mode (someone want to play more hotjoin, others unranked and so on). At all it´s like some of our comunities didn´t find theyr own place in the game and still seach it. So to minimize the frustration at all, means also to find some players you want to play with, create or join a guild with the same goal and ask yourself at your deeps (like if you flame others^^), if this is what you want.

For the game creators: they can help out to get the options or check the problematics. Like nerfing the berserks f-skills cause the plan was: that you hit max. 2 from 6 times that skill but at low and mid tiers you hit most time 5 to 6 times so you doubled or tripled the dmg at these ranks (btw. arenanet it´s faar easyer: if you hit, you get a higher cd (cause you allready have the high dmg!), if not you let the small cd cause we are berserkers that attack 5times more then every other class but hit maybe once, like it was all the time before)

You can balance the players though. That's what MM is. It's just done very poorly here.

Balance means to bring a base and to categorise them right => and thats why we have a problem atm with the mm!

Well you can sort them but you can´t balance them. Means yea you can say the player can at his best day reach 156 points and at his worst days 134 points. But at moment we have a jump from maybe 50 at worst days and 156 points at a good day. Thats what our "mm" tries to fix, but most players don´t want that. A tool can say to 100% how good you will play and thats why he push you at the team he allready know how good they are and how good that synergies with all and consume all datas for every match. Oh btw. the option is there, just atm there aren´t much creators that want to build a software like that.

Even Pokemon has a bether balanced playerbase. I mean you will never see a player runing a karpador in a tourment and everyone knows about DVs, EVs and rolles like cleric, tank, choicer and so on. If you woud transfer gw2 with pokemon it means: you will run only with your starter cause you don´t know how to catch the pokemon xD

thats how unbalanced our comunity is. So yes we can fix the mm by creating a bether and closer system, but that means giving up the potential for our comunity to grow.

Just look at every other compeditive game: yes they have players that know nothing about the game and play it just for playing something, they can reach with luck some good moves but normaly they will do nothing or the minimum what the game let them do (eg. ragequit), you will allways have players that get frustrated and know tell me whats bether: to help them, finding a place they feel well or let them fight other players that don´t really know why they play?

Like allready said:At all it´s like some of our comunities didn´t find theyr own place in the game and still seach it. So to minimize the frustration at all, means also to find some players you want to play with, create or join a guild with the same goal and ask yourself at your deeps (like if you flame others^^), if this is what you want.

So on the way we have to do nothing, it´s up on the content creators to motivate us find out more about the game and help us to learn how to get out of our own mental weaknesses => btw. thats the most difficult thing someone can do and yeah read my older comment, there are some similars xD

@"xp eke xp.6724" said:Balance means to bring a base and to categorise them right => and thats why we have a problem atm with the mm!

Well you can sort them but you can´t balance them. Means yea you can say the player can at his best day reach 156 points and at his worst days 134 points. But at moment we have a jump from maybe 50 at worst days and 156 points at a good day. Thats what our "mm" tries to fix, but most players don´t want that. A tool can say to 100% how good you will play and thats why he push you at the team he allready know how good they are and how good that synergies with all and consume all datas for every match. Oh btw. the option is there, just atm there aren´t much creators that want to build a software like that.

Even Pokemon has a bether balanced playerbase. I mean you will never see a player runing a karpador in a tourment and everyone knows about DVs, EVs and rolles like cleric, tank, choicer and so on. If you woud transfer gw2 with pokemon it means: you will run only with your starter cause you don´t know how to catch the pokemon xD

thats how unbalanced our comunity is. So yes we can fix the mm by creating a bether and closer system, but that means giving up the potential for our comunity to grow.

Just look at every other compeditive game: yes they have players that know nothing about the game and play it just for playing something, they can reach with luck some good moves but normaly they will do nothing or the minimum what the game let them do (eg. ragequit), you will allways have players that get frustrated and know tell me whats bether: to help them, finding a place they feel well or let them fight other players that don´t really know why they play?

Like allready said:At all it´s like some of our comunities didn´t find theyr own place in the game and still seach it. So to minimize the frustration at all, means also to find some players you want to play with, create or join a guild with the same goal and ask yourself at your deeps (like if you flame others^^), if this is what you want.

So on the way we have to do nothing, it´s up on the content creators to motivate us find out more about the game and help us to learn how to get out of our own mental weaknesses => btw. thats the most difficult thing someone can do and yeah read my older comment, there are some similars xD

Personal responsibility does not merely end with l2p or flaming.

If anything at all in life makes you so frustrated that you let yourself take that out on those around you,

or you are so annoyed by your own frustration or of those around you it makes you feel bad,

then you must ask yourself "is this heathy for me, is it really worth it?"

And if anyone or anything wants your time it is up to them to make it worth it. Certainly as it's only a game after all.

didn´t disagree there at all, its a l2p, or bether learn to live.

At the second point: it´s not only about frustration, but its the most significant one. And yea we got also routine, so that makes our skills bouncing less and there are much much more behind that. In short it´s mental weakness/ streghts a big pendulum for skills. Other points are internet, reactiontime (cause get old, or at all slower) and and and. But they are most times far smaller and don´t affect your gameplay that much, so you don´t play far bether or weaker then normaly. The mm atm show really good where the players are (esp if you have far more games then needed and you start to get a normal rate there (50/50).

Some other points that help really strong out to get bether/ weaker is to know/ not know the mechanics ingame, if you use them randomly ofc you play a match good and the next one bad, at all we have a big pool of players that act completely random or instinctive. Thats like the elo hell in lol. You cant break there out till the moment you learned something that makes the different in the match. To be on a simple eg.: Burnguard is really weak cause it´s easy to counter, but we also have soo much players that don´t know how to play against it so it works and can be used till plat. div., now look at any other build that can´t be really good and how far they still work. Every build that reach a high tier even if it´s not effective show the personal differents between players. So buildwars makes also lets say 30% of the playerskill-pendulum.

So a really big part is on the playerbase, as long we have this big differents the mm has to be scarry good, i mean he can also know if i wake up with the right or left fod or what i want to eat the next weeks.

Let´s talk about the mm at the point no troll builds works on high tiers, (if we never want to talk about it lets say mid tier), cause atm our raid-comunity plays bether then our ranked comunity, well they know bether why they play something and use at all the skill/ move rotations a lidle bether. The players aren´t balanced till troll builds didn´t work anymore. like i said: "If you woud transfer gw2 with pokemon it means: you will run only with your starter cause you don´t know how to catch the pokemon xD"

Outch that even hurts me to write/ say.... i mean the pve part.... but thats the truth...

to the personal part: i get easy in rage cause i see my own weaknesses and want to fixx them at best now! Thats why the gamemode is a big gain for me, i want to be bether and ofc to get guys with the same thinking/ wishes.

@crabulous.2398 said:I have a special chat tab for PvP -- No tells, team, say or map chat. Works wonders for making the matches bearable.

So how do you coordinate with your team, or see them asking for help or rotations? My advice, if your emotions can be that easily compromised. To prevent you from receiving and giving useful team information and call outs, or working as a team. Then maybe you should ask yourself, if Ranked matches are even for you. Or are you just one of those shittiers, who just afk farm in spawn?

Just my opinion is all.

This will not change because you are simply playing PVP.Try every PVP game out there, LOL, DOTA, CS:GO etc etc. all of them are filled with trolls/flamers/10-years/saltersAnd add to that the fact that GW2 is very popular and also free to play, making it accessible to a lot of teenagers so yeah... enjoy. Why do you think LOL, the #1 moba game has the most toxic community ever?

If you want a friendly community, then play PVE games. Games like LOTRO are very famous for their friendly community, because they are simply PVE-only.Or just run PVE in GW2 :)

@Murdock.6547 said:I've been learning the new classes in pvp, seeing how far I can get with in particular deadeye because.. frankly it's very enjoyable.And I've been getting an unreal amount of hate. From things such as "decap kitten" to "kitten r u doing autist go to pve""go pve" is probably the most common one.

I know I'm not carrying the team with my godlike ability.. but I made it to plat so far so perhaps I'm not total garbage?Who knows man. Who cares, even? But the amount of raw angst and rage that is thrown at me is crazy. I didn't get this much hate or rage when I played core power wells necro in ranked up to plat 2 last season lmao.

But my question is... Does it get better? I would have thought past silver I'd see less afks and ragers.But here I am. Had a 2v5 because two people quit after losing mid (one tried to res through shade hate) I don't know when the third left.Does this nonsense stop? Or even slow down?

before the match and online try to find places that you can camp while your team fights, that way you will be that annoying sniper killing people. also if there is a fight use your speed to take over other locations and if one enemy is headed your way well then kneel snipe.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@crabulous.2398 said:I have a special chat tab for PvP -- No tells, team, say or map chat. Works wonders for making the matches bearable.

So how do you coordinate with your team, or see them asking for help or rotations? My advice, if your emotions can be that easily compromised. To prevent you from receiving and giving useful team information and call outs, or working as a team. Then maybe you should ask yourself, if Ranked matches are even for you. Or are you just one of those shittiers, who just afk farm in spawn?

Just my opinion is all.

Your attitude makes my point perfectly. Would you be asking for help or working as a team? Nah, you'd be whining like the rest of the players I don't have to listen to.

@crabulous.2398 said:

Just my opinion is all.

Your attitude makes my point perfectly. Would you be asking for help or working as a team? Nah, you'd be whining like the rest of the players I don't have to listen to.

Some can say your attitude makes my point perfectly. Why bother playing a team based game, when forced to queue with people like yourself? Nah, you'd most likely be the one who AFKs in spawn after losing the first fight. Or the person who make sure his/her team ,loses because they refused to try to communicate at all.

Either case you make it clear. You are one of those non competitive players, who feast on this type of atmosphere. I do hope you enjoy you barren joke-fest of a PvP mode that you've helped foster.

@crabulous.2398 said:

Just my opinion is all.

I pity you

Archived