un-nerfing endurance changes for sword thief

Fade.5904

Hi Asur, yeah i'm pretty serious, which i why i made the post.Perhaps if you explained why you think it's such an outrageous idea we could have debated why it is or not, since that's what forums are supposed to be for.I've mained sword / dagger thief for five years through good and bad and it actually has less endurance now with daredevil than pre HOT sword dagger without daredevil.So that whole HoT special thief mechanic actually actually amounts to nothing for the play style.Simply posting a link to a picture does not make you point valid.

@Turk.5460 said:

@Fade.5904 said:So that whole HoT special thief mechanic actually actually amounts to nothing for the play style.

Please avoid hyperbole. It absolutely impacts Sw/D playstyle in a positive way.

Special thief mechanic from HoT was an extra endurance bar, like special elementalist mechanic was the ability to overload attunements, necro got reaper shroud etc.Pre HoT with signet of agility which every S/x build ran gave 100 endurance - 2 full bars of endurance.so pre HoT with normal 2 endurance bars + 2 refilled from SoA = 4 dodges.with recent wvw/pvp nerfs SoE gives 50 endurance thats 1 dodge + 3 from DD endurance bars (special HoT mechanic) = 4 dodges4 (-) 4 = 0(that's nothing btw)much Hyperbole

Tbh sword thief is probably in the best place it's been in years. Endurance got nerfed (which it needed to be) but it's still very good and we got a corresponding damage buff to go with it.

I've been playing S/D as a tanky boon build in wvw, can still hit 7k LS crits and full fist flurry chains one shot other thieves but I have 2.7k armor and good boon duration. So fighting anything that stacks protection or a mesmer means I'm seriously hard to kill, but still have good damage.

Also, you're overlooking hard to catch, which gives a substantial amount of endurance compared to the pre HoT random teleport thing it used to do, and the fact you don't roll over to larcenous strike unless you hit something was a buff to our evades. Just saying.

@MakubeC.3026 said:I made my way to plat playing 98% S/D this season. I think it is in a very good spot. But being honest, we already have enough evades. Vigor is ok as it is.

funny when i tried to make my way to plat t3 i got flame for playing sword even before the game has started. weither i played S/D or S/P.i wonder how many power sword thieves made their way to top100 soloQing...

Archived