Remove obscure requirements from legendary collections

So currently working on just Nevermore 1 right now, and I'm already disgusted by a 2 parts of the collection.

Both take place in Heart of Thorns, one on the most empty map, the other on Verdant Brink.

For both of these events you cannot do them solo, and it takes quite a bit of time. I arrived just an hour ago in Verdant Brink with the intent of doing the event I need for my collection, which requires me to destroy a tree. I managed to solo all of the events just past halfway, only for nightfall to come and reset all the progress I had made.

How is this fair? There was literally nobody else around, no groups in the group finder, and I got screwed over by the game's timer, something I have no control over. I haven't even attempted the other part that takes place in the empty depths, and I'm sure its 10000 times worse.

Remove these requirements, or make them more feasible. I'd rather kill the patriarch wyvern 10 times than try and solo group events only to fail because of a timer.

@Kori Jenkins.9017 said:So currently working on just Nevermore 1 right now, and I'm already disgusted by a 2 parts of the collection.

Both take place in Heart of Thorns, one on the most empty map, the other on Verdant Brink.

For both of these events you cannot do them solo, and it takes quite a bit of time. I arrived just an hour ago in Verdant Brink with the intent of doing the event I need for my collection, which requires me to destroy a tree. I managed to solo all of the events just past halfway, only for nightfall to come and reset all the progress I had made.

How is this fair? There was literally nobody else around, no groups in the group finder, and I got screwed over by the game's timer, something I have no control over. I haven't even attempted the other part that takes place in the empty depths, and I'm sure its 10000 times worse.

Remove these requirements, or make them more feasible. I'd rather kill the patriarch wyvern 10 times than try and solo group events only to fail because of a timer.

nevermore is a popular weapon, you would be better arranging a group in peak time, setup the group and give plenty time for it to form. Bear in mind its new expansion time at the moment so obviously people are working on other goals at the moment.

I'm in the same boat with the OP too but with Chuka and Champawat. I've been stuck on Vol 3 for the past month or so due to no one around and map reset. It is pretty annoying.

Also I'm in a guild with 30-50 people on at a time but isn't the most helpful guild so thats out of the question.

@yoni.7015 said:I don't think they should be removed, everyone needed to do them for the collections. When I did the events it was not a problem to find enough people. Maybe ask in your guild to get a group for the events.

And maybe as the population/player base drops--Anet should adjust the game accordingly. What was required in the past has no bearing on what needs to adjusted now.

I must apologize, perhaps my wording was off. The collection requirements themselves should not be removed, but they should be changed to something more feasible. I managed to do the one in Tangled Depths, solely because I happened to walk into the event in progress (though I was the only one there).

As for Verdant Brink, I sat there for about 2 hours and never once did a soul even come to that side of the map.

I started the collection today, I now have 2 things left. Dragon's Stand, which I'm doing last, and Verdant Brink. The fact that I managed to do the other 12 things in a day, but now these last 2, is incredibly frustrating. Especially when you consider the fact that even after I finish this collection, I must then break the bank to actually craft the weapon itself.

I've seen people advertise for the Blighting Tree event chain in VB in LFG. Maybe if you can't get friends or guildmates to help, you could advertise there?

As an aside, I helped a good friend with this event chain while she was crafting Nevermore and the very last event in the chain kept getting canned due to nightfall, but she finally did get a successful completion in a large group, so it is possible.

@DebraKadabra.5278 said:I've seen people advertise for the Blighting Tree event chain in VB in LFG. Maybe if you can't get friends or guildmates to help, you could advertise there?

Perhaps I will attempt to do something like this, its just frustrating to even have to do that. In my experience games are bad when they force you to rely on other players, instead of yourself.

@Kori Jenkins.9017 said:So currently working on just Nevermore 1 right now, and I'm already disgusted by a 2 parts of the collection.

Advertise yourself on LFG and activate your mentor/commander tag, this will likely draw some people to you. PoF is new and most people are there just now, you may need to wait a bit until folk spread out again - your problem is temporary and will solve itself in time.

@Kori Jenkins.9017 said:So currently working on just Nevermore 1 right now, and I'm already disgusted by a 2 parts of the collection.I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not sure that "disgust" is relevant to the question of whether it's worth diverting resources to changing requirements, especially when existing owners might not agree that it's fair to do so.

Both take place in Heart of Thorns, one on the most empty map, the other on Verdant Brink.What does "the most empty map" even mean? How does one measure "emptiness" ?

@Kori Jenkins.9017 said:For both of these events you cannot do them solo, and it takes quite a bit of time. I arrived just an hour ago in Verdant Brink with the intent of doing the event I need for my collection, which requires me to destroy a tree. I managed to solo all of the events just past halfway, only for nightfall to come and reset all the progress I had made.I'm sorry to heart that. That mechanic has always existed, though. How is it different now?

@Kori Jenkins.9017 said:How is this fair? There was literally nobody else around, no groups in the group finder, and I got screwed over by the game's timer, something I have no control over.You have absolute control over the time you start an event and you can ask for help to finish it.

@Kori Jenkins.9017 said:I haven't even attempted the other part that takes place in the empty depths, and I'm sure its 10000 times worse.Then I'm not sure how you can comment on its difficulty or appropriateness for the collection.

@Kori Jenkins.9017 said:Remove these requirements, or make them more feasible. I'd rather kill the patriarch wyvern 10 times than try and solo group events only to fail because of a timer.I can understand why you're upset. I don't think you've made a strong case for why these requirements need to change. It seems to me you haven't exhausted existing resources in an effort to complete them.

Archived