Elite Spec for new XPAC?

Json.5782

The only way I can see this happening is if this 5th attunement works like druid's celestial form, meaning that this new attunement will give you the same 5 skills regardless of your chosen weapon.

Making a true 5th attunement with unique spells for every weapon would just be way too much workload. Anet would have to create too many skills in this case.

How about The Arcanist:Instead of iterating on the Attunements, like Weaver and Tempest do, we get a Gauge to fill.We then have a new F5 button that transforms the Ele into a Arcane Wraith for a period of time, specified by how much of the gauge is full.Arcane Wraith are invincible and can't contribute to point capture, but they have 3 CC skills and 2 defensive group support skill.

@Fueki.4753 said:How about The Arcanist:Instead of iterating on the Attunements, like Weaver and Tempest do, we get a Gauge to fill.We then have a new F5 button that transforms the Ele into a Arcane Wraith for a period of time, specified by how much of the gauge is full.Arcane Wraith are invincible and can't contribute to point capture, but they have 3 CC skills and 2 defensive group support skill.

What will elementalist sacrifice as their trade off to get that new F5 skill?

@Kodama.6453 said:The only way I can see this happening is if this 5th attunement works like druid's celestial form, meaning that this new attunement will give you the same 5 skills regardless of your chosen weapon.

Making a true 5th attunement with unique spells for every weapon would just be way too much workload. Anet would have to create too many skills in this case.

It's very possible to get a real arcane attunement. Don't forget the amount of skills that weaver introduced. It was 6 dual skills per main hand weapon. Arcane attunement would be 5 skills per full weapon set. It would end up being less new skills than weaver.

Trade-off could either be longer attunement cds, or that you have to replace one of your attunements out of combat lile revenant legends

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:How about
The Arcanist:
Instead of iterating on the Attunements, like Weaver and Tempest do, we get a Gauge to fill.We then have a new F5 button that transforms the Ele into a Arcane Wraith for a period of time, specified by how much of the gauge is full.Arcane Wraith are invincible and can't contribute to point capture, but they have 3 CC skills and 2 defensive group support skill.

What did Tempest give up for their Overloads?

@Fjaeldmark.9043 said:

What did Tempest give up for their Overloads?

Increased attunement CD on overload use.

Then the Arcanist can only build up the Resource after spending some time in an Attunement, so player have to stay in Attunements, rather than frantically switching all the time.Or maybe some of the Resource is lost after switching attunements.

@Kodama.6453 said:

The Arcanist:
Instead of iterating on the Attunements, like Weaver and Tempest do, we get a Gauge to fill.We then have a new F5 button that transforms the Ele into a Arcane Wraith for a period of time, specified by how much of the gauge is full.Arcane Wraith are invincible and can't contribute to point capture, but they have 3 CC skills and 2 defensive group support skill.

A new F5 that other specs can use. Core ele gains boons based on attunement, on tempest it works as an overload button (that way it's same cooldown for all attunements, cant be abused with FA, but also doesnt affect attunement cooldowns after overloading) and on weaver it works as unravel (but without boons).

Considering that arcane specs focuses on shorter attunement cooldown and crits, I think that the resource build would depend on switching attunements (and doing crits) rather than camping attunements.

With the new aura animations it kind of seems like you would be able to combined 2 of them to get a new aura. Though i think that may need to be a core ele effect not so much an elite spec all though a full on class that uses auras as its main tool to do effects would be fun too.

@steki.1478 said:Considering that arcane specs focuses on shorter attunement cooldown and crits, I think that the resource build would depend on switching attunements (and doing crits) rather than camping attunements.

I want an Elite Spec that specializes on camping Attunements though, so my ideas and proposals will always revolve around that.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@steki.1478 said:Considering that arcane specs focuses on shorter attunement cooldown and crits, I think that the resource build would depend on switching attunements (and doing crits) rather than camping attunements.

I want an Elite Spec that specializes on camping Attunements though, so my ideas and proposals will
always
revolve around that.

Tempest already does that though. Weaver focuses on swapping, but that swapping isnt very fast due to higher global cd. New eSpec is the perfect way to introduce a mechanic that focuses on faster attunement swapping.

@Kodama.6453 said:

The Arcanist:

Guardian elite spec is an direct upgrade to their f1, f2, f3 though. ?

@Euclid.2517 said:

The Arcanist:

I would call that direct upgrades.Dragonhunters' virtues just work differently, but are more of a sidegrade than an upgrade.About tomes being an upgrade can be argued, since the functionality completely changes.

@Fueki.4753 said:

The Arcanist:

I would call that direct upgrades.Dragonhunters' virtues just work differently, but are more of a sidegrade than an upgrade.About tomes being an upgrade can be argued, since the functionality completely changes.

People like to argue about it and it's indeed not 100% black or white. But, unless talking about an instant heal vs. one with cast time (F2), not perceiving them as an upgrade overall is borderline delusional. Even after Tomes have been nerfed several times. Not saying DH/FB Virtues have to be nerfed necessarily. It would be more reasonable to rework core Virtues considering how outdated they are. However, as it stands now, Guardian elites don't have any meaningful trade-offs.

Now, a new F5 for Eles without any trade-offs on a new elite? Very unlikely too happen. Personally, I'm hoping for a spec with weapon swap but only 2 Attunements which have to be picked outside of combat (think Revenant interface). It's not that an Arcane Attunement or form couldn't be interesting. But the suggestions I've seen so far rarely significantly alter how an Elementalist would play. Most of the time it's just some super-form ontop of current Attunements. And I reaaaaally dislike Archon builds in D3. :s