Feels like pof release again

Crab Fear.1624

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Actually from all the top level PvP streamers games I've been watching, every class has at least one viable build in Plat 3 to Legendary games.

Immortal HolosCondi MirageBurst ReapersPower SoulbeastsPortal ThievesTornado WeaversBurn FirebrandsPower HeraldsCC Warrios

Impossible. People say that condi mirage was deleted and is unplayable and I believe them. /s

@Revolution.5409 said:This is what I find often.FB, Holo, Herald and Necro

Yep those are the ones that are everywhere rocking.

@"TrollingDemigod.3041" said:Impossible. People say that condi mirage was deleted and is unplayable and I believe them. /s

I'm glad that there are some players still having fun with Mirages so you can delete them easily with FB, Holo, Herald and Necro mentioned above, also with Spellbreaker and Thief. That makes the match more easy to win. About all, when class stacking is allowed. Where class stacking is not allowed, then is other history if not a better alternative is available, or if the player is not good with a better one and prefer try the Mirage. So yes, Mirage is still selectable and playable. Other thing is if play the Mirage is counterproductive to your team and not effective for win matches depending the case.

Seems that you are more happy now than months ago. Maybe "the one dodge man" is one of the reasons, if not the main one. Congrats!

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:necrosguardseles

every one else is salt and pepper

Thieves and Necros are perpetual whiners...while having been perma meta in PvP/WvW since the inception of the game

You know, you keep repeating that, but thats still wrong. Necro hasnt been meta for most of GW2s lifespan, having had brief stints in the spotlight in pre-HoT and then a couple in HoT, but by and large being absent from the meta. Thief fared better, but even thief wasnt meta every time the meta gravitated towards bunkers (it makes their rotational prowess far less relevant), which HoT had a few of.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:necrosguardseles

Thieves and Necros are perpetual whiners...while having been perma meta in PvP/WvW since the inception of the game

You know, you keep repeating that, but thats still wrong. Necro hasnt been meta for most of GW2s lifespan, having had brief stints in the spotlight in pre-HoT and then a couple in HoT, but by and large being absent from the meta. Thief fared better, but even thief wasnt meta every time the meta gravitated towards bunkers (it makes their rotational prowess far less relevant), which HoT had a few of.

2012 :Core necro and D/D thief

2012-2013Core necro , D/D and D/P thief

2013-2014-2015Dhuum fire necro, D/P and S/D thief

2015-2018Chill/dhuum Reaper, D/P, S/D core and Daredevil

2018-2019Scourge, Deadeye, D/P core thief

2019-2020Core necro, D/P core thief

I won't mention other sub-variants and neither their implications in WvW but so far...when exactly were thief and necro non meta? and you answering the question would imply that the meta had better replacements and I'd like to know which ones

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:necrosguardseles

So far mostly correct, necro wasnt much of a thing in most of 2013 and 2015.

Here you are incorrect. Reaper was relevant for all of a couple months in early HoT, then stopped being relevant. Thief was only relevant in non-bunker metas. HoT didnt have too many of those.

Deadeye was never viable. D/P core thief was not viable until late 2019. It was only S/D, and that one was ok.

Core Necro only became viable after the february patch. Before that, necro wasnt viable.

I won't mention other sub-variants and neither their implications in WvW but so far...when exactly were thief and necro non meta? and you answering the question would imply that the meta had better replacements and I'd like to know which ones

"Replacements"? No, that would only apply if their role was still relevant, but thieves role was not relevant in several metas. The replacement was just playing a bunker yourself as well. Necro had been replaced by various classes, Elementalists, Bunker Mesmers, Warriors, etc. etc.

My memory is a bit foggy, but what update turned them from trash into 4-5 per game?

Just migration from one faceroll to another?

Cellofrag has videos from pof inception, all the way until now.

And it seems that he was able to fight outnumbered from day one.

@bravan.3876 said:No balance changes today... feelsbadman

The next patch is expected in two weeks, April 28. Probably that one could a balance patch and the next living world content or festival in May 12 when the super adventure ends or later. But who knows... What i watch is that, on April 28, a patch should be relased.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:necrosguardseles

So far mostly correct, necro wasnt much of a thing in most of 2013 and 2015.

Here you are incorrect. Reaper was relevant for all of a couple months in early HoT, then stopped being relevant. Thief was only relevant in non-bunker metas. HoT didnt have too many of those.

Deadeye was never viable. D/P core thief was not viable until
late
2019. It was only S/D, and that one was ok.

Core Necro only became viable after the february patch. Before that, necro wasnt viable.

I won't mention other sub-variants and neither their implications in WvW but so far...
when exactly were thief and necro non meta?
and you answering the question would imply that the meta had better replacements and I'd like to know which ones

"Replacements"? No, that would only apply if their role was still relevant, but thieves role was not relevant in several metas. The replacement was just playing a bunker yourself as well. Necro had been replaced by various classes, Elementalists, Bunker Mesmers, Warriors, etc. etc.

I think your memory is a bit fuzzy....

When the dhuum patch got released, people were playing even 3 dhuum necro per team in ranked, during that time 2013-2014 ele was literally unplayable so much that Jon Peters pitied the eles and introduced Diamond Skin to give eles a chance to fight back. At the same time of the dhuum patch we had buffs for s/d thief and their 2-3 boons steal from sword shadow step ( can't remember correct name ) and all of that contributed to make ele virtually unplayable in PvP/WvW so much again that along with Diamond skin , the devs released Stone Heart

S/D thieves with their unblockable boon steal were making life miserable for guardians too and dhuumfire was being abused left and right with no remorse, it took some months but the nerfs started to flow in....it was still not enough and we barely reached a placebo sort of situation, because in the end whining FOTM necro mains got Diamond skin nerfed to the ground, luckily by that time dhuumfire was close to be dead.

Few month later (2015) we had HoT release and was Necro/Thief invasion all over again...with busted Deathly Chill and Daredevil s/d which at release was basically the perfect duellist with no counters....life was really miserable in PvP and wvw with reapers running amok spamming Deathly chill and DD s/d thieves turning roaming in a living nightmare.

I mean c'mon...with necro and thief we always gravitate from a state of Broken OP to mild /soft countered state.

Thieves and necro play too much the victim card when in a way or another, they always receive some unfun mechanic to fight against.......

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"bravan.3876" said:No balance changes today... feelsbadman

TBH we have been scammed with those "quick" changes, I dont really see them, since the big patch we had only parody nerfsfb nerf was a jokeranger nerf was a jokenecro nerf was a jokeLR nerf was enitire circus lol

You'd think the devs nerfed mesmer after reading whine posts on the forum and not after careful data analysis ....no company is about to bend over and nerf everything down to the ground as per request of some unhappy player, who proceed to write a wall of text on the forum every time they lose their 1v1, a wall of text based mostly on anecdotal evidence and hyperbole which paramount to flat out lies

Mesmer was nerfed based on broken ill designed mechanics like ChronoPhantasma and Infinite Horizon ....mesmer was not nerfed because some bronze lord wrote on the forum : "Mesmer too hard to fight"