Ranger damage modifiers

Chungo.3169

Reducing Ranger damage modifiers is the most stupid thing you could do.

ATM ranger is a strange place where the risk/reward ratio does not exist. The damage is mediocre for a glass cannnoy like build, but its tankiness is over the chart for that amount of damage. There is a reason why rangers shine in low-mid diamond tiers but almost does not exist in top tier game-play. The potential ceiling of class is extremely low while a bit over preforming in the mid zone of the risk-reward ratio.

Problem is clear, "Wilderness Survival" as a defensive trait line + the new protect me is lowering the risk way too much while offering too much reward via amazing synergy with both Marksmanship & Beastmastery trait-lines.

Core ranger is kinda like the "Eddy Gordo" of GW2 ATM.

Nerfing offensive trait lines should be last options. reduce the power WS together with Break CC utilities, reduce the synergy between WS and the offensive trait-lines(removing the fury from WK). Improve both MM and skrimishing to be more flexible and offer more options. Glass cannon ranger builds should be build around MM/Skrimish/BM/SB to deal real damage. More tanky builds with WS/NM/DRUID should do much less damage.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@Eurantien.4632 said:Give up cap, kill the pet (only the dps ones), win the 1v1, get the cap. What's wrong with that?

how often does a ranger fail to call pet back but instead let it die off point los? even if it does die saying a ranger without a pet is an automatic loss is a lie, especially soulbeast.

You don't kill the soulbeast pets since they can just refresh them. and Im not sure what you're asking with that first question.

what I mean is the call target/ recall pet commands a ranger can give its pets. the pet can kite the player and vice versa.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Eurantien.4632 said:Give up cap, kill the pet (only the dps ones), win the 1v1, get the cap. What's wrong with that?

how often does a ranger fail to call pet back but instead let it die off point los? even if it does die saying a ranger without a pet is an automatic loss is a lie, especially soulbeast.

You don't kill the soulbeast pets since they can just refresh them. and Im not sure what you're asking with that first question.

what I mean is the call target/ recall pet commands a ranger can give its pets. the pet can kite the player and vice versa.

It takes awhile for the F3 to really kick in. So if you're on node with a pet, and start trynna kill it. and I swoop away and F3, there's a good chance you're still gonna kill the pet + you just decapped or maybe even capped the node.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:what I mean is the call target/ recall pet commands a ranger can give its pets. the pet can kite the player and vice versa.

It takes awhile for the F3 to really kick in. So if you're on node with a pet, and start trynna kill it. and I swoop away and F3, there's a good chance you're still gonna kill the pet + you just decapped or maybe even capped the node.

alright. most of the time I've found its really not worth trying to kill the pet since it takes too long, unless I can use aoe to attack both the ranger and pet at the same time. anyway at the end of the day idk about pets or ranger in general.

Can we not get Wilderness Survival nerfed... I mean:

1. Prot Holo can turn basically every condi into a boon
  2. Spellbreakers and CRev can get stupid amounts of resistance
  3. Daredevils clear a condi when they evade an attack with a 1s icd
  4. etc. etc.

Like come on... ranger should have some stuff it can do well and it's not even a dominant spec in tournaments or competitive. Plus there are multiple builds that flat out win node against it or are completely hard counters. Birds are annoying, but killable (and they 100% need a better animation on the F2 that isn't identical to the autoattack). Why is everything that ranger has being complained about so much it doesn't even make sense.

After playing some 100 games on core ranger to get the hunter AP and asking for some feedback on my play from some really experienced rangers, IMO the thing to target would be the minor trait 'natural vigor'. The stun breaks are cool, and the damage is nice if inconsistent, but the thing that stood out to me playing it vs playing other classes is how dodging felt incredibly natural and always available. It should get swapped with the 'tail wind' trait in skirmishing so if you want to take wilderness survival and the clears/stun breaks/protection angle you don't get free dodges as well. The idea of dodging plays far more into the skirmishing theme as well, which includes a vigor major in its adept line.