WvW Idea: Players control Lords/Champions

Bristingr.5034

Just a unique idea that I figured was worth tossing out. What if a player could stand in for a Lord/Champion/Supervisor at an objective? Basically 1 player take control of the Lord by becoming the Lord with it's scaled HP Pool and the option to use it's skills or their own (to a degree).

Restrictions:

• Only a member of the guild that has claimed the objective can take over the Lord.
  • If the Lord leaves the Objective area, the Lord is teleported back to it's original position and the player is teleported to Citadel/Spawn.
  • If a player decides to use their own skills, all hidden (shadow refuge, etc.) and movement (teleport, blink, etc.) based skills are nixed/nerfed/modified.
  • If the Lord goes down, the Lord must be stomped and it becomes instant ring-capture for the team that stomps them.

The idea stems from where I was picked to help in another MMO Event by becoming an "NPC" but I had control. It allowed me to provide more engaging interaction with players. The change in AI to real-player could potentially change how fights are done .

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

@"Bristingr.5034" said:Just a unique idea that I figured was worth tossing out. What if a player could stand in for a Lord/Champion/Supervisor at an objective? Basically 1 player take control of the Lord by becoming the Lord with it's scaled HP Pool and the option to use it's skills or their own (to a degree).

Restrictions:

• Only a member of the guild that has claimed the objective can take over the Lord.
  • If the Lord leaves the Objective area, the Lord is teleported back to it's original position and the player is teleported to Citadel/Spawn.
  • If a player decides to use their own skills, all hidden (shadow refuge, etc.) and movement (teleport, blink, etc.) based skills are nixed/nerfed/modified.
  • If the Lord goes down, the Lord must be stomped and it becomes instant ring-capture for the team that stomps them.

The idea stems from where I was picked to help in another MMO Event by becoming an "NPC" but I had control. It allowed me to provide more engaging interaction with players. The change in AI to real-player could potentially change how fights are done .

While your idea is good, this change, in my opinion, would come with two problems:1) The lords from the Desert Borderlands have been thought to fight in their circular area, and not somewhere else (especially Rempart keep)2) Make NPCs follow a player has many times come with bugs (NPC not following anymore, teleporting or stuck in a decoration structure)

Considering those 2 points, I would state that this might not be a bad idea, but it will need more work.

i think this could go terrible more than it would actually be useful

also this would require the buffed player to:

• make more damage
  • have more health
  • have higher target-limits
  • be immune to CC
  • restrictions to alot of own skills (immunities, heals, barriere stuff....)etc

@Virdo.1540 said:i think this could go terrible more than it would actually be useful

also this would require the buffed player to:

• make more damage
  • have more health
  • have higher target-limits
  • be immune to CC
  • restrictions to alot of own skills (immunities, heals, barriere stuff....)etc

That's exactly what would happen. They become the lord of the tower/castle/keep themselves, buffing their HP, damage, CC immunity. I did mention in the original post that if they were to keep their own skills (rather than use the skills that the Lord currently has, some skills would have to be restricted/reduced, especially those involving stealth or teleportation).

@"Melona.9217" said:While your idea is good, this change, in my opinion, would come with two problems:1) The lords from the Desert Borderlands have been thought to fight in their circular area, and not somewhere else (especially Rempart keep)2) Make NPCs follow a player has many times come with bugs (NPC not following anymore, teleporting or stuck in a decoration structure)

Considering those 2 points, I would state that this might not be a bad idea, but it will need more work.

For Point 2, there is no NPC, the player basically IS the new "NPC". If they move outside the boundaries marked, they're teleported back to Spawn/Citadel, and the NPC Lord is summoned in it's regular location at the health the player was at before it expired. They wouldn't be able to "leave" or "break the contract" or whatever you'd want to call it while in combat either.

For Point 1, you do make a good point. What's stopping the Player from going behind the point in Fire and just sit there with Fire Immunity? Or having Bay Lord go into the water (which would prevent stomping)? Good thoughts regarding it. Perhaps they cannot leave the inner area, and they would not receive any buffs of the Desert Shrines.

@Junkpile.7439 said:If anet would add this i am 99% sure that lord could run in spawn and you can't cap before lord is dead.

Not sure what you're referring to here.

@"Bristingr.5034" said:Just a unique idea that I figured was worth tossing out. What if a player could stand in for a Lord/Champion/Supervisor at an objective? Basically 1 player take control of the Lord by becoming the Lord with it's scaled HP Pool and the option to use it's skills or their own (to a degree).

Restrictions:

My thoughts are that it may be exploitable by guilds. Also, I'm sure there would be a metric ton of balance issues with having a massively scaled up profession to fight. Don't think it's worth the time and effort.

@Junkpile.7439 said:If anet would add this i am 99% sure that lord could run in spawn and you can't cap before lord is dead.

I think he's saying that chances are high Anet will bring some bugs in -like with everything they add- so u could move into a safe area like spawn for example and keep would be uncapable?! While anet works hard on alliances, it could take some time to fix these things.

@primatos.5413 said:While anet works hard on alliances.

Alliances are dead, sadly. They gutted their WvW team, and we haven't had an update in well over a year. Heck, when was the last time a staff member even posted in this subforum that wasn't for just posting the link matchups? As much as I want Alliances, it's not happening.

@primatos.5413 said:I think he's saying that chances are high Anet will bring some bugs in -like with everything they add- so u could move into a safe area like spawn for example and keep would be uncapable?!

That's fair. Like I mentioned earlier, this is just for brainstorming fun and to pass the time since WvW is starting to get a bit stale. There's only so many times we can kill each other in the same fashion.

Any other Warhammer Online players here who played while we could be champions? Not the same thing but along the same concept. Not certain it would work here but I could see forms of monster play appear in GW2. Original thoughts were more towards PvE Worldboss support but I could see applications of it in WvW as well.