Glyph of Stars - Anyone use it or should we recommend it being changed again?

Strider.7849

It's been awhile now since anet made a change to our elite. Is anyone finding any environments this is useful to take? I can't seem to find a use for this skill, be it WvW (sucks on both downed allies, as a heal/condi preventative even in this condi meta, bad in zergs and even worse in smallscaledue to how vulnerable this makes you) Or PvE.

I tried using it in dungeons, fractals, open world.. maybe I'm just using it wrong. Anyone else had success with our "elite" skill on druid? Do you have any suggestions on how this skill can be improved or reworked. Perhaps changed entirely? Let's discuss.

@Krispera.5087 said:At the minimum, it needs stability. Ranger/Druid doesn't have stability outside of SotP.

This is something I completely agree with, and the biggest issue with SotP is it relies on the beast mastery line reduction. If Glyph of Stars had it with a 60 second cooldown not only would the skill actually be able to be used and not have your druid ping pong around, but it would open up more build variety.

@"Strider.7849" said:It's been awhile now since anet made a change to our elite. Is anyone finding any environments this is useful to take? I can't seem to find a use for this skill, be it WvW (sucks on both downed allies, as a heal/condi preventative even in this condi meta, bad in zergs and even worse in smallscaledue to how vulnerable this makes you) Or PvE.

I tried using it in dungeons, fractals, open world.. maybe I'm just using it wrong. Anyone else had success with our "elite" skill on druid? Do you have any suggestions on how this skill can be improved or reworked. Perhaps changed entirely? Let's discuss.

I can't understand how they messed up the glyphs so much with this addition what were they thinking... It seems they just decided to remove the damage glyph because "druid support theme muh" and didn't have anything to replace it with.

What they need to do is this:

• Glyph of stars to change the mechanic to how the glyph of unity works. The druid tether allies and apply the pulsing effects. Meanwhile the druid can still do it's thing. This could work pretty well in WvW if they decided to remove the revive action while in combat.
  • Glyph of unity removed.
  • Glyph of empowerment returns. This time it uses the glyph of the stars mechanic, ranged AoE where allies standing it get +10% damage / +10% condition damage. Increase the radius of the AoE a bit too to 450 so allies don't need to stand in one spot. Good for backline and it makes sense not to have stability in that case.

Thematically this fits the druid as the theme is not support but balance. So it heals and it hurts.

@"Strider.7849" said:It's been awhile now since anet made a change to our elite. Is anyone finding any environments this is useful to take? I can't seem to find a use for this skill, be it WvW (sucks on both downed allies, as a heal/condi preventative even in this condi meta, bad in zergs and even worse in smallscaledue to how vulnerable this makes you) Or PvE.

I use "Glyph of Stars" on my support druid build for PvP. The skill got it uses and it is much better than most think. I do however think it should be changed because in my opinion, this elite takes the roll of what was supposed to be the spirit's if nature elite role. This is A.net telling us they don't want spirits to be viable for PVP and I cant accept that.

Tips on how to use "Glyph of Stars" in PVP

1)This is a cheap 60 sec elite, don't save it for clutch moment that is very hard to pull off.

2)Think about it the same way you think when casting Entangle, hope for the best, expect the worst.

3)For support, it's got a huge 1200 range and you can LOS with it.

4)Casting this glyph will not break stealth. A combo you can do is to start channeling the elite when you are about to breaking CA, with the stealth+speed passive. The version of the skill will be based on the version it had when you started casting it. So the revive will persist even after you break CA.

5)It is a very good fight opener for mid, when you have 0 AF. It will build AF , heal, and give condi immunity. Works very well on a heavy vs heavy comp. 2 necros / gurd /ele etc...

6)You can use it on on yourself in O- shit moments, if all your other condi removal are on CD.

I've found it useful in some raids. Most of the time Nature Spirit is better, but particularly on Sloth and Xera when you've got a lot of motion and the potential need for ranged revives, it can be wonderful. Plus if your squad is staying up nicely in Sloth, you can pretty much cancel out every other coconut phase by making your whole squad unable to gain conditions.

My problem with Glyph of the Stars (and druid in general) is that Firebrand already does everything (better), without forcing the animation locks.

Wanna heal downed allies? Merciful Intervention revives downed players by 20%, and doesn't animation lock you (so you can, you know, actually res them lol). The kicker? Firebrand can also spam aegis on a downed player with Mantra of Solace.

Wanna heal allies, and cleanse conditions? Firebrand can do that by just dropping a light field - players will just pewpew/whirl their condi's away. No animation lock either. Druid can do this too with verdant etching glyph spam, which makes this portion of the skill feel entirely redundant.

If Anet wants to insist on animation locks, skills need to be supremely OP to justify it - not a blatant downgrade on what you can do using another class.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...