A New WvW Game Mode

K THEN.5162

We all know that gw2 WvW is all about massive armies of actual players duking it out for supremacy. Although I know that many people enjoy that style of play but...

What if there was a free for all WvW game mode like there is for PvP that ignored server identity so you can just drop in. In this game mode, instead of taking towers with seige, players would be capturing, gathering resources for, and defending outposts where they would be rewarded for the level of outposts they captured, how upgraded it is from supplies, and how long they control it in 15 minute intervals.Additionally, since many players like participating in WvW with their friends or guild mates, a player can be in a party of 5 where their party members would be labeled as allies.

Obviously this is catering to players who enjoy small scale PvP combat and roaming but this is my take on how open world PvP would be added to gw2 without massive blobs.

Thoughts, discussions, criticism?

@CedarDog.9723 said:Never gonna happen in most high tier servers who already blob. This is all they know and they'll blob in that game mode too.

Give the objective an damage reduce our health loss debuff that is hard enough and stack with blob size and it should happen.

Or they simply quit wvw^^

@Sovereign.1093 said:eotm is already in placeBut anet needs to upgrade EotM. Add match/payer statistics, All time statistics, reward match, week and month top players, add new armors and weapons to grind and so on. Basic stuff that every PvP game should have and what motivate players play seriously.

I like the current wvw system. If you just look at it, Anet did a lot of work to adress all issues.New map, autoloot, server linking, one up one down, better & more rewards, pip rewards, BUT Anet will not win match for any of us, may be people could just admit they are not the god of pvp/wvw/pve they believe to be and stop whining about just anything around. I believe Anet main issue are with people who are NEVER happy whatever is given to them. Guilds are to self-centered and egotist to care of their own server support in the long term, players also are too selfish : well it s like IRL in fact. So a server like BG will face no challenge as long as PEOPLE mindset on other servers will not change for better : which will not happen anytime soon. xD I came to BG 3months prior to Season 1 in wvw and never moved from it and played at all time all the time and I kept being guildless after season 2. I have always fun even when it's hard and challenging. I m just addicted to wvw and BG represent : i can join zerg roam solo and team scout or any other role, I am also a raider and completed all legendaries armor pieces as well as Fractal addict : I love the game in every aspect so... I am French and I love God Emperor Trump. xD Changing anything will not solve issues that players have with THEMSELVES at the very first place but it would just antagonise every others that are actually satisfied with the game itself and its releases.

Archived