Why Pink Moa?

Mic.1897

Hey everyone;

Just popping in real quick to ask about why Pink Moa is being used for breakbars. My understanding is that people prefer it over the Electric Wyvern on smaller targets, but I see it doing only 200 defiance damage while Rock Gazelle does a consistent 432 and Boar does 500-600 (although 200-300 of that requires grabbing and using the bundle).

Anyway, what aspect of the Pink Moa crowns it as the winner here?

Thanks in advance.

I think the simple answer is that people haven't properly updated their builds, the Rock Gazelle & Black Moa are both better picks than the Pink Moa right now for small hitboxes. A few months ago Pink Moa was heavily used since back then it hit for 3*200 = 600 breakbar damage, which might explain why some people are still using it.

I know pink Moa at least "hit" 3 times with its daze which made it amazing, I could also see it maybe being used still for a Soulbeast because it gives the pull in beast mode + the taunt and then you can swap it out and use its daze (assuming the breakbar is up long enough).

However I don't think it hits 3 times anymore, which would mean it's not nearly as good at breakbars as it used to be.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:However I don't think it hits 3 times anymore, which would mean it's not nearly as good at breakbars as it used to be.

Pink Moa's Dazing Screech stopped hitting 3x since September 2016. It hasn't been nearly as good at breaking defiance bars for a long while.

Yeah the strange thing is that I check raid streams daily and every day I see it being used over what clearly seem to be better choices.

Cant figure out why.

Archived