Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Repeatable Skirmish Claim Tickets?


Bossun.2046

Recommended Posts

I am barely rank 1500 in WvW, after having jumped back into it after a looooong break from it. I have been playing the game mode non stop all week, and something that just irked me were the capped WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets. I am aware that in sPvP, the Ascended shards are repeatable on Byzantium chest for as long as you can complete them. Why cant we have the same from the Diamond chest in WvW?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Bossun.2046 said:I am barely rank 1500 in WvW, after having jumped back into it after a looooong break from it. I have been playing the game mode non stop all week, and something that just irked me were the capped WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets. I am aware that in sPvP, the Ascended shards are repeatable on Byzantium chest for as long as you can complete them. Why cant we have the same from the Diamond chest in WvW?

WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets are more equivalent to PvP League Tickets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've never made it to the final chest but the rewards in general, especially compared to the pvp rewards, feel very lacking.More skirmish claim tickets would be nice, but if for whatever reason Anet can't do that giving gold in the reward chests like they do in pvp would be a huge improvement.

Repeatable claim tickets and repeatable gold in the rewards chest would do wonders to retain players even after they've completed all the chest. Plus the gold would be motivation for people like me who can't even make it to the final chest. I'm really surprised Anet hasn't already done it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Solanum.6983 said:Honestly I hate the cap, Anything to lessen the timegates

If you hate timegates then you're honestly playing the wrong type of game. MMOs are built around timegates, as the goal of their developers is to have you logged in and playing for as many hours per week as possible. It is deliberate and by design, normally because if you're paying a subscription fee, the more months it takes you to meet your goals, the more $$$ you give them; but even in a F2P game like GW2 they want you in-game for as long as possible...and if you get tired, you can always resort to the gem store to buy gold for a speed up in many circumstances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Solanum.6983 said:Honestly I hate the cap, Anything to lessen the timegates

If you hate timegates then you're honestly playing the wrong type of game. MMOs are built around timegates, as the goal of their developers is to have you logged in and playing for as many hours per week as possible. It is deliberate and by design, normally because if you're paying a subscription fee, the more months it takes you to meet your goals, the more $$$ you give them; but even in a F2P game like GW2 they want you in-game for as long as possible...and if you get tired, you can always resort to the gem store to buy gold for a speed up in many circumstances.

I know the reasons and I know it's a staple in GW2 but Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Chaba.5410 said:What kind of reward would you propose for those of us who didn't stop playing during your break?

Are you also aware that sPvP chest rewards are only active during tournaments while WvW is 24/7?

?????????????

The reward didn't exist back then so i don't see where you are trying to get at. Not only that, this would benefit those who have higher PIP gain and actually complete their Diamond chests multiple times. I am not asking for the tickets to be added to my wallet without me doing anything. This is just a QOL change.

If you aren't aware, PvP now has mini seasons after the regular 5v5 conquest, which also reward the ascended shards of glory. Practically gives the ability to gain the PvP currency non-stop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Bossun.2046 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:What kind of reward would you propose for those of us who didn't stop playing during your break?

Are you also aware that sPvP chest rewards are only active during tournaments while WvW is 24/7?

?????????????

The reward didn't exist back then so i don't see where you are trying to get at.

What does that matter? The reward came into existence sometime during your break. Why should those who didn't play get rewarded with more tickets than those of us who did? I realize you're not asking for back-tickets, but that's exactly what people who played will ask for; tickets for the total time they played past the cap.

Also, shards of glory are analogous to memories of battle. It's the pvp league tickets that match skirmish tickets. Are you saying there is no cap on league tickets now?

And frankly, the cap promotes healthy behavior. It prevents 24/7 grinding for skirmish tickets and we all know how distorted matches can get with off-hours coverage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Sovereign.1093 said:Do eotm to increase rank once a week. That map needs love

The map is so broken anyone who owns HoT or PoF can solo the entire map without any siege. Pretty much anet is going to ignore any more wvw development as they have been doing for years and that map will just sit there and nothing will change that unless someone finds something more game breaking than I have that impacts their profits lol. Which would be hard because they nerfed everything into the ground except for the wxp. Its been their theme for awhile now to completely nerf things and forget about them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Chaba.5410 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:What kind of reward would you propose for those of us who didn't stop playing during your break?

Are you also aware that sPvP chest rewards are only active during tournaments while WvW is 24/7?

?????????????

The reward didn't exist back then so i don't see where you are trying to get at.

What does that matter? The reward came into existence sometime during your break. Why should those who didn't play get rewarded with more tickets than those of us who did? I realize you're not asking for back-tickets, but that's exactly what people who played will ask for; tickets for the total time they played past the cap.

Also, shards of glory are analogous to memories of battle. It's the pvp league tickets that match skirmish tickets. Are you saying there is no cap on league tickets now?

And frankly, the cap promotes healthy behavior. It prevents 24/7 grinding for skirmish tickets and we all know how distorted matches can get with off-hours coverage.

Then those people are more than free to ask for what they want as i am doing for mine... Trying to hold something off unless they add something else you want is childish... baby steps or you are stuck with what you have. I don't know your stance regarding this topic but it just feels like a poor counter argument.

there is no exact match for the PvP league tickets. Just because you see tickets on both their name doesn't make it so. Ascended Shards of Glory is the currency for ascended armor and ascended weapons in PvP much like with how the Skirmish merchant in WvW uses the skirmish claim tickets for both armor and weapons. Something that falls closer to the PvP league tickets would be the testimonies of heroics, comparing what you can get from NPCs. Far of as it may be that's still the closest comparison to both.

Edit: you know there are the regular Shards of Glory and also the Ascended Shards of Glory right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...