04/28/2020—Late Patch Notes(Ranger changes)

LughLongArm.5460

RangerMaul: Increased cooldown from 6 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP only.Swoop: Increased cooldown from 15 seconds to 18 seconds in PvP only.Counterattack: Increased cooldown from 25 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.Hilt Bash: Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP only.Attack of Opportunity: Reduced damage bonus from 50% to 25% in PvP and WvW.Furious Pounce (Tiger): Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.75 in PvP only.Kick (Rock Gazelle): Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.31 to 0.2325 in PvP only.Charge (Rock Gazelle): Reduced power coefficient from 0.825 to 0.733 in PvP only.

Congratulations, this how you kill all power specs across the board in order to nerf one over performing build in niche situations. This is exactly what I was afraid of, rangers and its elite specs are not allowed to to go offensive.

For starters I think sicem slb is hit hard. Way more than core ranger. And I guess this was not the original intent.Tiger : Why nerf the skill that is easy to see? I guess it still is going to do decent damage and be playable but 25% might just make it unimpressive without all the modifiers. I am happy that they did not nerf anything else on tiger but ….Birds (hawks, eagle) are still animationless. I still think this is the main issue. You can have low frequency, damage but add an animation. This is why I do not get the tiger nerf. I am happy that they did not nerf anything else on birds. (stats)Gazelle : why nerf the static attack? Nerf on charge is small, it looks fine.GS nerf : just WOW. THIS IS TOO MUCH !!! I mean the cds are just hilarious. GS on ranger with the reduction talent has more cds than other weapons? What is going on?!I am probably going to move to the condi builds because marksmanship / beastmastery / slb is just not rewarding enough for its super low defense and people still rez / heal faster than it deals damage.

Edit : as for other professions, I guess necros will be less frustrating and easier to kill. Curious to see how engie are impacted. Burn guard does as much if not more damage than slb for more sustain,. Rev (condi and power) is untouched.

A bit of overreaction there, no?Literally everything on that list is core ranger, so saying it is a soulbeast nerf is a bit strange.Kick (Rock Gazelle) is the pet damage not the merged one. The merged one had a 0.94 coefficient.Charge (Rock gazelle) has a daze on both the merged skill and the pet one, so either one retaining damage is already different than other CCs in the game.

@Infusion.7149 said:A bit of overreaction there, no?Literally everything on that list is core ranger, so saying it is a soulbeast nerf is a bit strange.Kick (Rock Gazelle) is the pet damage not the merged one. The merged one had a 0.94 coefficient.Charge (Rock gazelle) has a daze on both the merged skill and the pet one, so either one retaining damage is already different than other CCs in the game.

You are not perma merged (if you are something is wrong), meaning gazelle also affects slb and the gs hits slb way more because both its burst and defense are tied to it.

@Infusion.7149 said:A bit of overreaction there, no?Literally everything on that list is core ranger, so saying it is a soulbeast nerf is a bit strange.Kick (Rock Gazelle) is the pet damage not the merged one. The merged one had a 0.94 coefficient.Charge (Rock gazelle) has a daze on both the merged skill and the pet one, so either one retaining damage is already different than other CCs in the game.

SB is build on core, core indirectly effects SB.

@Substance E.4852 said:

@Substance E.4852 said:"no firebrand nerfs in pvp"

Absolute clown tier balancing as usual

I eat FB's for breakfast. I hardly see any in plat.

I'm sure

I mean, if you want tips, you should just ask around. But tbh, if you can't 1v1 an FB meme build, then you are probably quite hopeless. Guardians in general are just meme builds. Are you also the type of guy who runs into DH traps, gets shredded, and cries on the forums?

@mistsim.2748 said:

I'm sure

I mean, if you want tips, you should just ask around. But tbh, if you can't 1v1 an FB meme build, then you are probably quite hopeless.

"This class is over performing in all three game modes and still doesn't even have trade offs for it's elite specs, that doesn't seem balanced"

"That's just because you bad at game"

K

@Substance E.4852 said:

I'm sure

I mean, if you want tips, you should just ask around. But tbh, if you can't 1v1 an FB meme build, then you are probably quite hopeless.

"This class is over performing in all three game modes and still doesn't even have trade offs for it's elite specs, that doesn't seem balanced"

K

FB is a pug-stomping meme build bro, just like DH is/was. It's not where balance dev resources need to go.

@mistsim.2748 said:

I'm sure

K

FB is a pug-stomping meme build bro, just like DH is/was. It's not where balance dev resources need to go.

There are more game modes than PvP, sir

@mistsim.2748 said:Excellent, focused nerfs. Now people might try other builds that aren't faceroll. We'll be seeing a lot more condi Soulbeasts.

GS is less mandatory now. Try shortbow people, it's good man.

Their next step as I see it is to bring Druid back up. Staff needs a rework.

We won't see any viable condi builds for some time. It doesn't stand up at higher tiers especially when prot holo is gonna be a meta side noder along with renegade. Condi ranger has awful teamfights and poor 1v1s. It's not gonna be meta past plat 1

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:Excellent, focused nerfs. Now people might try other builds that aren't faceroll. We'll be seeing a lot more condi Soulbeasts.

We won't see any viable condi builds for some time. It doesn't stand up at higher tiers especially when prot holo is gonna be a meta side noder along with renegade. Condi ranger has awful teamfights and poor 1v1s. It's not gonna be meta past plat 1

Couldn't disagree more. the build I'm playing right now does great in 1v1's. 6.4k heal + resistance for everyone, immob spam, and Concussive Shot is bad in team fights? Have you tried any builds other than glassbow, and are you just making assumptions? I'm doing fine in plat 2 so far, and I'm rusty AF. So I think you're off the mark in this case.

Prot holos just ate it today. Did you sleep in?

@mistsim.2748 said:

Couldn't disagree more. the build I'm playing right now does great in 1v1's. 6.4k heal + resistance for everyone, immob spam, and Concussive Shot is bad in team fights? Have you tried any builds other than glassbow, and are you just making assumptions? I'm doing fine in plat 2 so far, and I'm rusty AF. So I think you're off the mark in this case.

Prot holos just ate it today. Did you sleep in?

Post a build and I'll give it a shot but i am highly skeptical

@mistsim.2748 said:Couldn't disagree more. the build I'm playing right now does great in 1v1's. 6.4k heal + resistance for everyone, immob spam, and Concussive Shot is bad in team fights? Have you tried any builds other than glassbow, and are you just making assumptions? I'm doing fine in plat 2 so far, and I'm rusty AF. So I think you're off the mark in this case.Just upload a video of your sPvP fights with the rank and we will have the oportunity to appreciate your fantastic gameplay. Otherwise we are not buying your horse crap.

The balance for ranger is surprisingly fine and good at least about the ranger. I think Sic'em would need the same treatement as Attack of Oportunity, but maybe with the nerf to tiger and gazelle it would be enogh. I like they increased the CD of Maul, i hope the buff the base damage back in the future.

How nerfing all the GS CD skills and nerfing the only trait/mechanic that allows ranger/SB/Druid to inflict burst damage(attack of opportunity), is a core ranger only issue?Don't care about the Rock Gazelle.

@LughLongArm.5460 said:

How nerfing all the GS CD skills and nerfing the only trait/mechanic that allows ranger/SB/Druid to inflict burst damage(attack of opportunity), is a core ranger only issue?Don't care about the Rock Gazelle.

If they hit Pack alpha merged bonuses or Twice as Vicious it is a Soulbeast nerf. These were ranger nerfs.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"mistsim.2748" said:Couldn't disagree more. the build I'm playing right now does great in 1v1's. 6.4k heal + resistance for everyone, immob spam, and Concussive Shot is bad in team fights? Have you tried any builds other than glassbow, and are you just making assumptions? I'm doing fine in plat 2 so far, and I'm rusty AF. So I think you're off the mark in this case.Just upload a video of your sPvP fights with the rank and we will have the oportunity to appreciate your fantastic gameplay. Otherwise we are not buying your horse kitten.

The balance for ranger is surprisingly fine and good at least about the ranger. I think Sic'em would need the same treatement as Attack of Oportunity, but maybe with the nerf to tiger and gazelle it would be enogh. I like they increased the CD of Maul, i hope the buff the base damage back in the future.

But why would I do that nonsense? Even if I went out of my way to record a few clips, it would make no difference because the default state of the ranger forums has always been "crying in a fetal position." It's always the same people too, for the last 6-7 years.

I'll just keep enjoying my build, and in a few months one of you will post something similar saying how you figured it all out.

Funny you ask for clips though, as someone just posted a similar build over in the PvP forums with footage. Go find it.

As I said, we'll be seeing a lot more condi SB's.

@mistsim.2748 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:Couldn't disagree more. the build I'm playing right now does great in 1v1's. 6.4k heal + resistance for everyone, immob spam, and Concussive Shot is bad in team fights? Have you tried any builds other than glassbow, and are you just making assumptions? I'm doing fine in plat 2 so far, and I'm rusty AF. So I think you're off the mark in this case.Just upload a video of your sPvP fights with the rank and we will have the oportunity to appreciate your fantastic gameplay. Otherwise we are not buying your horse kitten.

But why would I do that nonsense? Even if I went out of my way to record a few clips, it would make no difference because the default state of the ranger forums has always been "crying in a fetal position." It's always the same people too, for the last 6-7 years.

I'll just keep enjoying my build, and in a few months one of you will post something similar saying how you figured it all out.

Funny you ask for clips though, as someone just posted a similar build over in the PvP forums with footage. Go find it.

Condi ranger builds just happen to be doing better as a result of everything else getting nerfed around them. Condi for rangers was barely touched in the big balance patch and haven’t been touched in patches since then, it’s been a focus of nerfing our power damage output as ANET are listening to those that make the most noise in the pvp forum.

@Abyssisis.3971 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:Couldn't disagree more. the build I'm playing right now does great in 1v1's. 6.4k heal + resistance for everyone, immob spam, and Concussive Shot is bad in team fights? Have you tried any builds other than glassbow, and are you just making assumptions? I'm doing fine in plat 2 so far, and I'm rusty AF. So I think you're off the mark in this case.Just upload a video of your sPvP fights with the rank and we will have the oportunity to appreciate your fantastic gameplay. Otherwise we are not buying your horse kitten.

Condi ranger builds just happen to be doing better as a result of everything else getting nerfed around them. Condi for rangers was barely touched in the big balance patch and haven’t been touched in patches since then, it’s been a focus of nerfing our power damage output as ANET are listening to those that make the most noise in the pvp forum.

Condi builds is not the theme of the post, I'm happy condi works for some payers and I never said it wasn't viable, I myself play as a druid in platinum which considered trash by most, works for me. Also,It is well known that almost any build can be viable in platinum if you know how to rotate. Telling players that got hit hard by nerfs which had much broader implication than necessary, go and play condi is idiotic. It is like telling druid, just play soul beast, telling soulbeast just play core ranger, telling core ranger just play guardian.

The point of this thread other than informing players regarding the changes, is point out that A.net chose the wrong direction to nerf core - rangers. I posted my opinion together with many other rangers in several discussions about this topic on the PvP forum.