Disable gliding option

Even as I'm sure you already know all this:

The glider doesnt activate automatically nor at random. If you hold down the spacebar (or whatever button is bound to jump) while falling when you're high enough above any ground, it activates. Likewise, if you press the jump again at any point during this time, it activates. This is entirely within the player's control, so at most, there may be an issue with your keyboard.

I highly doubt a No Glide toggle will be added as its functionality is solid. Cheers and good luck.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@Blanche Neige.7241 said:Adding this feature would change nothing for you (keep it enabled if you want), and would greatly help people like me who find it annoying.

Yes, yes, I know, but I also have a strong feeling that what you're asking for wont ever be implemented, and even more so if you say this is something that's been requested for a long while.

All I did was try to encourage an alternate solution for the time being, what with gliding activating when you dont want it to while it can't activate without your input.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@Blanche Neige.7241 said:This had been asked for many time already, but you apparently never saw the request.

here it is once more : when will you make an option to disable gliding when we don't want it to happen?

It's **** frustrating to miss a difficult jump because that ** glider activate at the worst moment.

I'll offer some help, change the key bind for your glider to a different key from the jump key...problem solved.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@Blanche Neige.7241 said:This had been asked for many time already, but you apparently never saw the request.

here it is once more : when will you make an option to disable gliding when we don't want it to happen?

It's
frustrating to miss a difficult jump because that
glider activate at the worst moment.

I'll offer some help, change the key bind for your glider to a different key from the jump key...problem solved.

Are we certain it has a different key? I'm not home/ able to get into the game to check.

@Blanche Neige.7241 said:

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:Yes, yes, I know, but I also have a strong feeling that what you're asking for wont ever be implemented, and even more so if you say this is something that's been requested for a long while.

Well, people asked for mounts for years, and we now have them :)

I'm pretty sure mounts were a business decision (revenue). I don't see this request generating any revenue, at least not like mounts did.

It would be a convenient option to have. Yes you can just be more careful with the buttons at the moment. But sometimes it is not that easy. (Needs to re-learn to jump after you got gliding. I now have less problems after training a bit.)

I'd also love the option to disable ley-line gliding if not needed. (Maybe while glliding some additional button.) Then I could just move through ley lines without using them for a shorter way. (Now if I just want to move through them without using them I'd have to move around.)

But I guess nowadays with everyone using mounts the glider does have pretty low priority. (Even though such options probably would be easy to add. Nothing technically new to implement.)

@Blanche Neige.7241 said:Adding this feature would change nothing for you (keep it enabled if you want), and would greatly help people like me who find it annoying.

I agree. It'll be absolutely hilarious for me when you forget you turned it off and plummet to your death repeatedly, all because you couldn't be bothered to change your button timing.

@Trise.2865 said:

@"Blanche Neige.7241" said:Adding this feature would change nothing for you (keep it enabled if you want), and would greatly help people like me who find it annoying.

I agree. It'll be absolutely hilarious for me when you forget you turned it off and plummet to your death repeatedly, all because you couldn't be bothered to change your button timing.

I dont see the point of this suggestion either especially with how the OP worded it, but having gliders be keybindable would be nice. Also, the common "This wont affect me, but because its not a problem for me i want you to not have it, and im gonna take shots at you and how you play" argument is just..old.

More options for keybinds and allowing the player to customize their play experience is never a bad thing.

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Well, Jump has a key bind. Glide does not, but I don't know if changing Jump changes both.

Well, I'm home now. Unfortunately, there is no keybind for gliding. And I'm sure the OP would have already looked for such a thing were it the case. :/

So the option would be to unbind the Jump function as Gliding/Jump are tied together on the same key...I used Google search to find this request has been made as far back as 2016, so 4 years later and I doubt if they'll give us the option now.

Well I don't hold down my spacebar when trying to jump just a tiny fraction, Like the jump needed to get the Vista In Hooligans Run, yet everytime I try that itty bitty jump guess what happens? my Glider Pops out and I miss the jump! so I would like an option to turn it off for precision Jumps like that one, ya just got to remember to turn it back on when you are done, right?

@Margeon.9650 said:Well I don't hold down my spacebar when trying to jump just a tiny fraction, Like the jump needed to get the Vista In Hooligans Run, yet everytime I try that itty bitty jump guess what happens? my Glider Pops out and I miss the jump! so I would like an option to turn it off for precision Jumps like that one, ya just got to remember to turn it back on when you are done, right?

Have you tried another keyboard maybe your spacebar is broken?

Brand new Cyberpower Computer with New Keyboard, seems like it wants to deploy if I Touch it with like the A key at almost the same timew , I am practicing small jumps though., it even deploys on meduim Jumps sometimes, Annoying... Would just like a way to temporarily turn it off.

@Margeon.9650 said:Brand new Cyberpower Computer with New Keyboard, seems like it wants to deploy if I Touch it with like the A key at almost the same timew , I am practicing small jumps though., it even deploys on meduim Jumps sometimes, Annoying... Would just like a way to temporarily turn it off.

what do you mean medium jumps? the length of time you need to hold the jump key is the same for short or long jumps.

I do wish i could disable the glider too as I sometimes also use it by holding the jump key a fraction too long

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Blanche Neige.7241" said:Adding this feature would change nothing for you (keep it enabled if you want), and would greatly help people like me who find it annoying.

I dont see the point of this suggestion either especially with how the OP worded it, but having gliders be keybindable would be nice. Also, the common "This wont affect me, but because its not a problem for me i want you to not have it, and im gonna take shots at you and how you play" argument is just..old.

More options for keybinds and allowing the player to customize their play experience is never a bad thing.

You seem to have misread. I think this should be an option because it won't affect me.

I also find it amusing people refuse to learn how to play or improve themselves are so willing to learn a completely new system. Surely even you can appreciate the irony in that.

I did say Optional did I not? You woukd be in contorl of whether and when you wanted to disable the Gluide option, but well I don't like to have to swim back and forth and back and forth and back and forth to get to a underwater cave for a Undiscovered point of intrest.........or cicle and circle and circle for the same thing, cant the developers make a costomizable panel for keybinds and leave it up to the players if they want to toggle something on or off on a keybind they made?

Honestly how many of you telling him to adjust his keyboard timing have "click double tap to dodge" disabled ? It is the same thing. I have had that turned off for a long time , it is just annoying when doing jump puzzles.

@"Qori.9671" said:Honestly how many of you telling him to adjust his keyboard timing have "click double tap to dodge" disabled ? It is the same thing. I have had that turned off for a long time , it is just annoying when doing jump puzzles.

What do the two have to do with eachother? I have it activated and telling OP that their spacebar is probabely broken.Or they are holding it in longer then they say a fast tap is all thats needed pressing down dont make you jump further your speed and momentum affect that.

GW2 is a game with arcade elements. JPs are the most arcade part of the game. A game has a set of rules and you need to work within those rules and those include control rules. If game gives you a challenge, you improve to overcome that challenge, not ask the developer to change the rules.Like it was already said. Gliding controls are perfectly fine and can be learned.

• Confused 1