First Spear Dehvad - Pristine Skree Harpy Feather

So I've been trying to complete the MP for First Spear Dehvad in the Desolation.. One of the three items needed to be collected is a Pristine Skree Harpy Feather which you are supposed to get as a drop by killing harpies. I've blown up upwards of 100 harpies in the sulfur area north of this MP trying different locations and have not gotten one to drop. Just wondering if this is expected behavior or if I've run into some kind of bug?

The reason I ask is that from what I've read or responses I've received in chat it sounds like people get it anywhere from their first harpy kill to about 5 minutes of hunting harpies.

@RouterGeeks.6320 said:So I've been trying to complete the MP for First Spear Dehvad in the Desolation.. One of the three items needed to be collected is a Pristine Skree Harpy Feather which you are supposed to get as a drop by killing harpies. I've blown up upwards of 100 harpies in the sulfur area north of this MP trying different locations and have not gotten one to drop. Just wondering if this is expected behavior or if I've run into some kind of bug?

The reason I ask is that from what I've read or responses I've received in chat it sounds like people get it anywhere from their first harpy kill to about 5 minutes of hunting harpies.

I got this on the first try by going to the Boundary Preserve ... the harpy's up there around the top of the cliffs will give you a feather!

• 3 weeks later...

Just spent a good hour killing about 50 harpies or so in the Sulfur Quarry and nothing.... Switched to the Devours and boom, first kill (not even a veteran) dropped the damn thing.I believe that if you don't get a drop in 5 min or so just go do something else. DR might be hitting and since the item is a rare drop, might as well be influenced by it.

Went back to harpies, no luck yet. Gonna give it another try tomorrow.

@Game of Bones.8975 said:I get most of my stuff on accident. I wade into an area and kill everything in sight. Every once in a while I hit an achievement goal yay me and go on to the next victim.I'd suggest this is great advice, especially in new areas: Kill everything, don't skip mobs. I found all that I needed well before I ever found, Dehvad. I yend to just explore the map in a logical fashion (e.g. Talking scouts when they're seen and following their advice). It seems that's how development has designed the maps to be explored in the first instance because it works exceptionally well: Things - like the collection subject in this thread - just seem to look after themselves.

I was replying to a previous post (without quoting it) about talking scouts and randomly gaining achievement goals.> @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Game of Bones.8975 said:Does charisma have anything to do with who talks to you and their response?If so, some consumables will help temporarily.

I'm not sure what this has to do with killing harpies for a drop.

I was replying to a previous post (without quoting it) about talking scouts and randomly gaining achievement goals.If charisma doesn't change how an NPC reacts to you, what is its value in the game?

@Game of Bones.8975 said:I was replying to a previous post (without quoting it) about talking scouts and randomly gaining achievement goals.> @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Game of Bones.8975 said:Does charisma have anything to do with who talks to you and their response?If so, some consumables will help temporarily.

I'm not sure what this has to do with killing harpies for a drop.

I was replying to a previous post (without quoting it) about talking scouts and randomly gaining achievement goals.If charisma doesn't change how an NPC reacts to you, what is its value in the game?

Charisma is just a holdover from the old personality system. It used to kind of mean something (gave you different dialogue options with certain NPCs), but they basically have abandoned it.

• 2 weeks later...

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@"Wolf Fivousix.4319" said:Just spent a good hour killing about 50 harpies or so

1 min 15 sec per kill is not a little low?Btw i was lucky and got mine in 20/30 kills.

Definitely! I did not count the harpies themselves, so that was a rough estimate.

I could swear I posted in here, but doesn't seem like. SO just for posteriority, I did drop the Feather the next day. As I mentioned, I think the item IS affected by DR, so killing harpies (or any of the other quest mobs, for that matter) over a long period of time is not a good idea. For more in depth info on DR check the wiki.

Archived