Q> Achievements The Experimental Axe I

@rapthorne.7345 said:At this time I believe many of the generation 2 legendaries are locked behind owning Heart of Thorns@Khisanth.2948 said:

@rapthorne.7345 said:At this time I believe many of the generation 2 legendaries are locked behind owning Heart of Thorns

OP is making Frostfang not Astralaria. IIRC Frostfang is one of two gen1 with items that requires HoT.Nah, I see now.. yeah it's true, 1st generation legendaries are implemented before HoT.. But, the legendary achievement systems are implemented when HoT arrived. So, yah, I think there's no other ways except upgrading the HoT. XDMaybe next time after I finish all of this PoF expansion's content first..Anyway, thanks for your the great feedbacks! Have a great day!

Even though you seem to be fairly ok with waiting until you can get HoT to progress your Frostfang, do submit a bug report! Having crafting of some core precursors locked behind HoT despite the crafting system being unlocked by any expansion is pretty clearly an oversight.

Likely they originally planned to bundle future Xpacks for everyone.

I would actually advise against clogging the support system with this since it a design intention to have crafted precursors locked behind HoT due to requiring the mastery system which is only accessible with HoT. Support cannot help or change this in any way.

You can of course leave feedback to have it changed though here on the forums. I'm pretty certain any ticket to support will just advise that anyway.

@DebraKadabra.5278 said:The non-craftability of Gen 1 precursors wasn't an "oversight", as you put it - that was a part of the Central Tyria mastery system added in by HoT. Before that, we got the precursors the old fashioned way - save up the gold and place a buy order.

I do agree with the ticket suggestion, however.

I mean that it's an oversight that happened in the decision to a) Neither require nor bundle HoT with PoF and b) unlock Core Masteries with PoF. (Note, I think both of those are good decisions)Those decisions should have prompted a check of whether anything that should be availale to non-HoT accounts are blocked.

@DebraKadabra.5278 said:In theory, I agree with you. However, since precursor crafting is tied to HoT OP is also going to need to max out all of the HoT masteries as well. Not sure if that includes Raids or not.

But precursor crafting isn't actually tied to HoT anymore.Only gen2 legendaries require HoT masteries, gen1 don't.Core masteries (like precursor crafting) is unlocked by owning any expansion.The anomaly is that a few gen1 precusor collections require HoT events!

Yes it IS tied to HoT! Before HoT, there was no possible way to craft a precursor in core game because that content is EXCLUSIVE to HoT.

Before HoT, on Gen 1 precursors, you took your chances on a TP buy order. Period. Unless someone was nice and gifted one to you, or your RNG was good enough to fish one out of the Toilet.

@DebraKadabra.5278 said:Yes it IS tied to HoT! Before HoT, there was no possible way to craft a precursor in core game because that content is EXCLUSIVE to HoT.

Before HoT, on Gen 1 precursors, you took your chances on a TP buy order. Period. Unless someone was nice and gifted one to you, or your RNG was good enough to fish one out of the Toilet.

No. Precursor crafting launched with HoT and required (note past tense) HoT but does not require HoT any more; it requires any expansion.

Parallell the Revenant class.The class is no longer a HoT feature, it's an expansion feature. The Herald spec is HoT and the Renegade spec is PoF, but the class is available no matter which expansion you own.

@DebraKadabra.5278 said:We're just going to have to agree to disagree. I don't think that precursor crafting should be allowed for players who do not have HoT, since the Legendary mastery line was not instituted in the core game and should not be available for people who choose not to upgrade.

But no one is getting it without upgrading. PoF does not require owning HoT, but unlocks the Mastery system, including core masteries.That means a player upgrading a free or core account with PoF without buying HoT can craft gen1 precursors.

Saying it shouldn't be available without HoT is a perfectly valid stance, but it's not how it works.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@DebraKadabra.5278 said:We're just going to have to agree to disagree. I don't think that precursor crafting should be allowed for players who do not have HoT, since the Legendary mastery line was not instituted in the core game and should not be available for people who choose not to upgrade.

But no one is getting it without upgrading. PoF does not require owning HoT, but unlocks the Mastery system, including core masteries.That means a player
upgrading
a free or core account with PoF without buying HoT can craft gen1 precursors.

Saying it
shouldn't
be available without HoT is a perfectly valid stance, but it's not how it works.

Both of you are correct. But don't forget logically the Revered Antiquarian in Legendary Crafting needs Hobbs to help us craft it. Since Hobbs present from HoT expansion so I or we (maybe as new player that've got "wrong" upgrade) need to have HoT to craft it.

Anyways, maybe they (Anet) have some reasons that "Why are they put that Legendary Crafting in PoF?" or maybe not. We'll see... XD

The Bright side is.... "Read first before you buy!" is true. Buy what? "Buy" those mastery points a.k.a spend it carefully. Because I've already spent 3/4 (almost clicked the last one with 9 mastery points in total 49 if i did). Lucky I just stopped there when found something "suspicious" and talked to my self (Duh, I should spend it in another mastery skills). :P

NB: Hopefully this and this discussions will help other people that have had similar problem. I just found 'em couples hours ago. Cheers!

Archived