Every class should be able to 1 v 1

@bethekey.8314 said:

@"UNOwen.7132" said:Experienced thieves cant 1v1 a player of equal skill level either. Sure you might be able to beat a worse player, but you can do that with any build. And shortbow 5 isnt "the cherry on top", its the whole cake. That skill alone defines thief. Its the sole reason they are meta. You can change or remove anything else the thief does, they will still be viable. Remove shortbow 5, and the class vanishes from PvP alltogether.

Here's a rank 1 player getting 1v1'd by a much lower ranked player. Or did you forget already?

Did you forget how I explained that the rank 1 player in that clip played worse than a gold player? He took almost 9000 damage from spamming skills under confusion.

@UNOwen.7132 said:Did you forget how I explained that the rank 1 player in that clip played worse than a gold player? He took almost 9000 damage from spamming skills under confusion.

Sorry are we talking about specific plays or skill? I'm simply proving your point wrong that thieves can't 1v1 a player of equal skill (or higher, in this case).

If you want to talk about that specific play, rather than the person's skill level, sure. I disagree that he should have stopped moving to a better location and pressing buttons, letting the thief and thieves guild continue to damage him.

@bethekey.8314 said:

@UNOwen.7132 said:Did you forget how I explained that the rank 1 player in that clip played worse than a gold player? He took almost 9000 damage from spamming skills under confusion.

Sorry are we talking about specific plays or skill? I'm simply proving your point wrong that thieves can't 1v1 a player of equal skill (or higher, in this case).

Oh by that logic unarmed Turret Engineer can 1v1 too. They just have to get a screenfreeze and be unable to do anything. Of course you have to go for specific scenarios. Cherrypick well enough and you can have anyone on any build beat anyone on any build.

If you want to talk about that specific play, rather than the person's skill level, sure. I disagree that he should have stopped moving to a better location and pressing buttons, letting the thief and thieves guild continue to damage him.

Moving is fine. Spamming skills that do half your hp for no actual reason is not. Thats like getting hit by Photonic Blasting Module then complaining you got hit for 11k damage from one skill.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Oh by that logic unarmed Turret Engineer can 1v1 too. They just have to get a screenfreeze and be unable to do anything. Of course you have to go for specific scenarios. Cherrypick well enough and you can have anyone on any build beat anyone on any build.

Moving is fine. Spamming skills that do half your hp for no actual reason is not. Thats like getting hit by Photonic Blasting Module then complaining you got hit for 11k damage from one skill.

Ok I’ll settle this. That was an outplay from a 1v1 perspective for sure, but it was a 1vx and at a time a 2v2 senario. The thief out played grimjack by avoiding his burst and even his ally that showed up and then also heavily out played grimjack by not only landing a burst but by landing confusion after grimjack cleansed his first burst and then started using skills to 1.) atop condition rev from attacking him and 2.) just run away. Yes this was a huge out play, but not technically 1v1 but I think we can all assume the thief had a huge advantage if this indeed was a 1v1

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

No one rule should exclude any single class from 1 v 1.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Classes in 1 should counter 2, classes in 2 should counter 3, and classes in 3 should counter 1, naturally.

I am not sure how these two quotes makes any sense when measured against one another????? - I mean, they are self contradictory, as I read them.

With that said, all classes CAN 1vs1, there is just a fairly large pool of builds that are trash at it. So if you really want to go all in on 1vs1 balance, it requires that all possible builds are balanced towards one another. That will never happen, since it is impossible to do. Just take a look at how the balance has progressed over there years, they haven't been even close to it yet - And no, you're right, they never went all in on trying that. That is because the game, and the different game-modes has been build around Classes/Roles. Even if we imagined they did manage to balance all builds within, lets say 5% difference, then the likely scenario will be a meta where every single match would be 3+ players on each team with that class and build, and that is not healthy for the game either.