Would you like to see tails in Guild Wars 2?

A fluffy bunny tail or.. a demon tail or even better.. A Shrine Guardian Tail!Would you like to see tails (for example an amulet trinket) ingame? ofcourse this tail would replace or enhance the charr's tail since thats the only race having tails.Personally I would love to see this happening so I have a complete shrine guardian look.Please choose your vote! Thank you.

Love,Van Marle

• Like 1

I'm not against a fox tail or scorpion tail but if it occupy the backpack slot, I can't wear a cape or a nice backpack in same time... This could be solved by turning accessory into a displayed thing on character like backpack. But I would definitely not play with the spaghetti code, better tails as backpacks.

I like the idea, purely because it would allow me to complete the re-creation of my weirdest role-playing character who was a cat/bat/human/elf hybrid (short version: she was an agent of the gods of evolution, who liked to experiment). I've managed the human with cat ears and bat wings but she's still missing the tail. But of course if it was a back item it would then replace the wings and I'd be in the same positon, so for me to do what I want it would need to be a new item slot (or trousers with a tail as part of the armour skin, and I doubt those would be jeans, which is what she wears so again it wouldn't work).

Other than that I don't really know, I don't think tails would be any stranger than the skins we've already got but I'm not sure it would add much either.

@hugo.4705 said:I'm not against a fox tail or scorpion tail but if it occupy the backpack slot, I can't wear a cape or a nice backpack in same time... This could be solved by turning accessory into a displayed thing on character like backpack. But I would definitely not play with the spaghetti code, better tails as backpacks.

I love this idea... I actually already had in mind using trinkets like an amulet.. maybe legendary infusions or whatnot.. As long as we could use a fluff ball that goes with our Bunny Ears and a demon tail that fits the several horns. Maybe partly achievable participating in yearly events. This realises me if it were to be a tail causes by a trinket, it should be dedicated to one sort so it won't interfere wearing more than one tail. Let's say amulets achievable or purchasable have different visual effects.

I'm not sure it would work in this game honestly. I can see it as an outfit perhaps, but I don't think it would honestly fit any item slot we have. Backpack could work, but I'm not a fan, personally I would want both at once for example if there is a nice tail and not just a small cat one or something.

@"Edge.8724" said:Hmmmmmm........

I personally don't like the concept of "fake tails", also, while we're at it, fake ears too.

I prefer fake ones over trying to explain how humans, sylvari etc. could have cat ears...or tails.

Fake ears, wings tails are totally realistic. I have several around the house from various Halloween costumes, and since dressing up is part of Halloween in GW2 I think it makes sense to have costume pieces to do it with. But even for this game trying to explain how some humans can have extra body parts...but only sometimes, would be a stretch.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Edge.8724" said:Hmmmmmm........

I personally don't like the concept of "fake tails", also, while we're at it, fake ears too.

I prefer fake ones over trying to explain how humans, sylvari etc. could have cat ears...or tails.

Fake ears, wings tails are totally realistic. I have several around the house from various Halloween costumes, and since dressing up is part of Halloween in GW2 I think it makes sense to have costume pieces to do it with. But even for this game trying to explain how some humans can have extra body parts...but only sometimes, would be a stretch.

Oh, I get what you mean, I wouldn't want to see a human with real cat ears neither.

But this was just my opinion on the subject, I will be happy for those that likes these accessories if they get added to the game.

For me it's more of a yes and no although the idea is neat somehow. But for someone who plays male characters only I doubt it would be a useful feature. Can't really decide here but I wanted to talk about the trinket idea however.Wouldn't the backpack slot be more suited for that (like someone suggested before)? I'd rather see the amulets, rings etc. displayed as actual visible trinkets on characters. I know this has been a suggestion and demand from quite a lot of people over several years now.Anyways, if they decided to introduce tails in the game I hope it won't turn too much into anime despite NCSoft owning Arenanet.

Im gonna say no on the grounds that you can just play a Charr if you want a tail..

But im not against some armour having tails/tail like features.. there are one or two in game already.I got nothing against the idea though, but I doubt it would happen and I personally wouldn't use them unless there were very specific to a specific characters theme/style.

If it would mean charr tail clipping on armor would stop being a thing, sure.

I don't see it happening, though. Non-charr models I assume don't have anything on their skeleton/structure for tails, and if the way back items work and the capes are any indication they'd potentially be floaty and weird in alignment across the various body sizes and shapes as a tacked-on visual.