Would you like to see tails in Guild Wars 2?

No tails please.

Also want to point out that the poll is very biased. Instead of answering no, I have to report a reasoning that I don't agree with nor consider a concern. This makes my response inaccurate.

People need to stop inserting reasons into polls.

My reason has nothing to do with clipping and everything to do with not wanting this particular aesthetic in this game.

I wouldn't want them for a few reasons:

• I don't think they would fit well with the overall aesthetic of GW2, as established in the concept art and the original release of the game. (I think there are already a lot of things that have been introduced since release that also don't fit that aesthetic - especially gemstore items - but that doesn't mean I want more of them.)
  • They would probably end up floating away from (at least some) player characters and clipping with armour and weapons, and consequently would look bad.
  • If they didn't have clipping issues, as someone who primarily plays charr, I'd be annoyed that humans get tails that don't clip while charr tails frequently clip through all sorts of things.

Also, of course, no warrior would ever wear an animal costume into battle... right?!

• Thanks 1

No, please. If they were added it would only be a matter of time before that small bunny tail or discrete cat tail got bigger and gaudier. I do not want to see people running around with neon green or neon pink or permafrost fox tails. Charr tails are restricted to what colours are available to fur, but cosmetics would have no such restrictions.

@Veryl.7861 said:

@coso.9173 said:only if there's a new race with a tail. a random tail as a costume would be.... weird I guess.

Then what's your idea behind the lore wearing revered shrine guardian ears? or have wings that don't fly?Gw2 is weird enough.. but in a good way.

well IMO we shouldn't have those either to be honest. I'd prefer a more traditional way of doing accesories, not puting osme magical wings that are not mentioned in the lore at all.

Then play an other MMO.. because GW2 is implenting lots of non-realistic items. Just look at the shortbow shooting unicorns. That.. Is Anet's statement keeping the world open for possibilities. When I made this poll I hoped people didn't think for themselves but to, and with eachother.I guess this is too much to ask. I'll still keep fighting for tails.

Good look with that. I hope it never happens , that would be the day I flip . It would not make sense in anyway. There’s already too much not making sense as it is

We have hooves, wings, halos, horns, ears - but now people are like "NO. No tails! I draw the line!"There are other things I don't like in the game like too many particle effects and people stacking infusions to such a degree their character looks like a boss fight.I don't think adding a tail would do any damage visually the way the infusions do.People are arguing that it would be silly on charr since charr already have tails: but charr also have 4 ears and horns - that did not stop the developers from releasing horns and ears.Besides creatures with multiple tails are in mythology and Naruto (LOL) THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES! Be a legendary tailed beast.Dude hell yeah. Gives us tails.

^ The boss fight ref was actually funny.Multiple tailed creatures in mythology. I'd prefer it a myth ingame too.It's not because tails themselves are bad, but people going to weeb on them, so because of this, instead being neutral about tails, i'm against em.

@"Veryl.7861" said:Well looks like most people look negative answering no to the poll I created.I hope there are some people who don't just type whatever comes to mind without thinking it through.GW2 needs tails! I just feel a bit naked running around with my shrine guardian ears without my tail to cuddle.If people would be more open minded you'll see why tails are a necessity for cosmetics...I've been scrolling through the opinions of people but it looks like only some actually read what I wrote.

Coming with arguments like "Play Charr because those have tails" are not helping and I covered why already.Then about the clipping gear.. Have you looked at a charr with an low level coat? The tail just goes right through the armor and looks non-realistic.So please don't argue with all the possibilities we could have playing this game open minded,But grow up with the majority of this fabulous community wich is patient, open minded and love the fantasy style we emerge in.Shrine guardian ears > tail. Devil horns > Tail. Bunny ears > Tail.makes sense?

So in other words, you created a poll with the assumption in your mind that the majority would say yes. When you realized the majority have no desire to add tails to the game, you call those people closed-minded and get offended that not everyone likes what you do? People are individuals, we all have our own likes and dislikes. Just because you love tails, cat ears, etc. on your characters doesn't mean everyone does, and in this case of your poll, the majority don't.

There isn't any need to think it through. Some people just don't care for adding tails to the game. For me it doesn't have anything to do about realism. We are playing an mmorpg in a fantasy world with all kinds of unrealistic things. I just don't have any desire to have tails in the game. And telling people to grow up who has a different opinion than you? Really?

Would it overly bother me if tails were added? No. But you made a poll asking for people's opinions. If I had a choice, my answer is no. I would rather them not be added to the game. If you truly didn't want people's opinions, maybe you shouldn't have asked for it.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...