Account & Character Rollback Issue (5/11/2020) - ANet Response

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I was gaming just now and been playing with my warrior when I reach level 72. I get new gear, I deposit some stuff in my bank, and while deciding what stones to slot in my gear BAM a crash and timetout of the game. It kicks me from the game and I try to log back in but can't.

I decide to try again in 2 minutes and manage to get in but ... my character is back to level 68, all my deposited items are back in my inventory, I no longer have my new items on and never got them in my inventory, and also all map progress is erased?

What the hell happened?

Can confirm, we did Mursaat CM with my guild last night and now it's showing as incomplete for everyone that didn't already have it.

Edit: It seems to have only happened on EU, can anyone confirm though? I am an idiot that can't read titles.

I know i'm playing a Chronomancer and we're meant to rewind to heal through damage but Come on Guild Wars! What happened to all my ascended gear i crafted this morning!?Please tell me my hours of farming Silverwastes, Auric Basin and Verdant Brink aren't all for nothing.

@Zuliran.8094 said:I know i'm playing a Chronomancer and we're meant to rewind to heal through damage but Come on Guild Wars! What happened to all my ascended gear i crafted this morning!?Please tell me my hours of farming Silverwastes, Auric Basin and Verdant Brink aren't all for nothing.

Also - I made a purchase from the Gem store this morning - if this isn't fixed i shall be expecting a refund of either my gems or my money.

I believe they have always refunded real-money purchases that occurred during rollbacks, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about there.

Realistically we should just wait a few hours for Anet to make a statement on what happened/what is going to happen now.

To be honest, the best thing they could do is take the servers down asap. See if they have a more up to date backup, load that one up, make an official announcement.

If possible that is. In case of no more recent backup being available. Taking the servers down for an hour. Making an official statement on how this will be handled, then reopening the servers, would still be beneficial.

As is right now, people are just in a state of limbo on what is going to happen, and the longer the server are up, the less likely it becomes to get a rollback to Monday morning.

I dont think we'll have official statement soon. ArenaNet is based in Seattle and its currently around 3:30 AM so we should wait for like 4 more hours. But indeed the servers are based in EU and the maintenance crew will also take time to communicate to ANet about the issue

So Im pretty new in GW2. less than 2 weeks of Playing. I Level my Character to 80 without boosters in 3 days, i bought all expansions. I invested 2400 gems to buy skin and lvl up my Crafting Prof. Yesterday i lvl up 425 of huntsman (using Gems) and in last 3 days i spent all the time in Fractals. Got my self 2 Ascended rings. Already infused Agony Resistance. And basicly spent over 25 hours in Fractals in last 3 days. almost could buy my first ASC Armour. and all this in less than 2 weeks. I really spent a lot of time to understand game and become better.After i lost all my fractal stuff and about 1200 gems for my Huntsman prof i dont wanna play this game at all. i just lost it all as a new player.

If i dont get back everything what i had... i just dont see reason to play it anymoreIf it wont be fixed. I would like to get full refund for all my gems and expansions i got. and then i can delete the game and newer think of what happens.Feel really sad for all my wasted time.

Give ANet a chance to address the technical issue that caused the rollback and restore whatever data they can. This was not an intentional action on their part. Any lost gems and gem purchases will be returned to you.

When the situation is resolved (whether well or not), you can then submit a support ticket requesting any refund you feel necessary.